Absinthe 2.0.1 is out fixing a hang up that occurred for in certain situations for some users. Get it here.
The Chronic Deve Team released Absinthe 2.0 today as promised. Let the jailbreaking begin.
The Absinthe jailbreak tool supports the following devices:
- iPad 1, iPad 2 (2,1—2,2—2,3 ) iPad third generation (3.1—3,2—3,3)
- iPhone (2,2—3,1—4,1)
- Support for the newer 32nm iPad 2 (iPad2,4) will be added later.
- Make a backup of your device in iTunes by right clicking on your device name under the ‘Devices’ menu and click ‘Back Up.
- Once your backup is complete return to your device and go to Settings – General – Reset – Erase all Content and Settings. This will make the jailbreak process much faster.
- Open Absinthe and be sure you are still connected via USB cable to your computer.
- Click ‘Jailbreak’ and wait…. just be patient and do not disconnect your device.
- Once jailbroken return to iTunes and restore your backup from earlier. Right click on your device name under the ‘Devices’ menu in the left panel of iTunes and click ‘Restore from Back Up…’ then select the latest backup you created before. (restoring this backup will return all the content previously on your device ie, apps, photos, etc.)
As of now the Chronic Dev Team servers don't appear to be going into analeptic shock, so downloads should be fairly smooth.
Source: Chronic Dev Team