"You can safely upgrade to 5.1.1 now if you want to be ready" Pod2g tweeted after reposting a Jailbreak 5.1.1 FAQ MuscleNerd published earlier today.
As usual unlockers who want to preserve their baseband should hold off on the upgrade to 5.1.1. Below is the FAQ in its entirety.
Originally Posted by :It appears the release of the 5.1.1 jailbreak is imminent, but MuscleNerd is careful to note that the timing is "indeterminate." Nothing worse than setting deadline and missing it, especially with something as unpredictable as a jailbreak.
- All info below is tentative and subject to last minute refinements
- @pod2g's 5.1.1 jailbreak+untether is working out great. All devices are covered except for AppleTV3,1, which currently has no path for jailbreaking.
— the initial 5.1.1 plan used a kernel exploit from @westbaer which unfortunately precluded use in iPod3,1 and iPhone2,1
— @planetbeing stepped up and provided a kernel exploit that covers both of those. Those two JBers are the bomb!
- The 5.1.1 A5 JB is very similar to the A5 5.0.1 JB. @pimskeks has done a tremendous job supporting both 5.0.1 and 5.1.1 in absinthe
- Similar to 5.0.1, there will also be a 5.1.1 CLI "cinject" binary and redsn0w version of the 5.1.1 JB+untether. Absinthe, cinject, and redsn0w will all provide the same JB in different fashions.
— timing is indeterminate. Plans are for this week, but a number of factors can influence that.
- For those wishing to donate, we've set up a new 5.1.1 paypal URL: paypal
- Please don't pirate AppStore apps (seriously, please do not).