• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • March 2 Event Rumor Roundup


    Engadget is reporting that some of the features that have been previously thought to make it to the iPad 2 won't be seen at Apple's media Event, held on March 2, at 10:00 AM Pacific Time.

    Going against earlier rumors, Engadget states that the next generation iPad will not support a high resolution display, something that we expected. Also omitted from the final design of the iPad 2, an SD slot. If you've been keeping up with the rumor mill, you probably already knew those two features are unlikely.

    Other features that Engadget is reporting seem more likely. Those include upgraded RAM (most likely 512 MB), a thinner design with the same exact screen size, and we'll most likely see the next generation proprietary Apple chip, the A5 processor. They also expect front-facing and rear cameras.

    As far as other things we might hear about March 2nd, we'll most likely see what's in store for the future of MobileMe, now that it has mysteriously gone missing. Engadget also suspects that we'll see an introduction to iOS 5.

    We'll update you all as the event gets closer, we're less than a week away!

    Source:
    Engadget
    This article was originally published in forum thread: March 2 Event Rumor Roundup started by Matt Savoca View original post
    Comments 23 Comments
    1. tudtran's Avatar
      tudtran -
      Nice. New iPad
    1. CX3NT3_713's Avatar
      CX3NT3_713 -
      I DON'T THINK IMA GET NEW IPAD,, IT STILL LACKS A CHIT LOAD OF FEATURES!!! LG's 3D PAD,, IS THA WAY TOO GO
    1. Stewie Griffin's Avatar
      Stewie Griffin -
      can't wait to see what apple has in store for ios5.

      Bought an AIr when they came out, just bought the new MBP, dunno if i will get the iPad 2, but then again thats what i said about the MBP, apple just seems to have to way to introduce things we would have never expected, and its usually the reason to upgrade. Its all about the "one more thing"
    1. vantheman169's Avatar
      vantheman169 -
      Man i really wanted to upgrade to the iPad 2 but if these rumors are true then i will stick with my original iPad. I really wanted a higher resolution screen. The camera is nice. But i dont use my webcam on my MBP much so the webcam is not a huge deal but it should have been included in the original iPad no doubt. More ram and faster processor would be nice but my iPad already keeps up pretty well plus all i do is use sbsettings to kill processes and free up memory and its good to go! Apple you will highly disappoint if i dont see a few key features implemented like better speakers, thinner would be nice but not a huge selling point as i have an otterbox defender on mine its a beast but pretty much drop proof. But either way we all know the iPad 2 will sell either way. I just might hold out for the iPad 3 i dunno...
    1. hoits2000's Avatar
      hoits2000 -
      the new ipad needs 3d display that ill never use, a sd card slot thats pointless and id never use and a ridiculous display the looks so good it looks bad.

      I dont care what it has I am FINALLY getting one woohoo!
    1. tjb5099's Avatar
      tjb5099 -
      Cant wait, i have the date marked on my calendar

      ~Tim
    1. wolverinemarky's Avatar
      wolverinemarky -
      IOS 5 cant wait to see what apple will give us there
    1. blueblaze4444's Avatar
      blueblaze4444 -
      iOS 5 seems too far-fetched for me. I highly doubt that iOS 5 will be introduced quite yet...probably just iOS 4.3 or something like that.

      I don't own an iPad but I might actually wait until the 3rd generation iPad to buy one....still lacks a lot of features in my opinion.
    1. CX3NT3_713's Avatar
      CX3NT3_713 -
      Lmaooooo good for u
    1. steve-z17's Avatar
      steve-z17 -
      The event is going to rock my socks!
    1. W1L5ON's Avatar
      W1L5ON -
      How bout thunderbolt socket, well save that for the 3rd Generation.

      Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    1. ohthatguyagain's Avatar
      ohthatguyagain -
      Quote Originally Posted by blueblaze4444 View Post
      iOS 5 seems too far-fetched for me. I highly doubt that iOS 5 will be introduced quite yet...probably just iOS 4.3 or something like that.

      I don't own an iPad but I might actually wait until the 3rd generation iPad to buy one....still lacks a lot of features in my opinion.
      I agree... Given the quantity of significant features and improvements in each previous ios edition... I'd say we need to at least work through a half dozen releases of 4.3.x before we see ios 5.0.1.

      The jump 4.0.1 to 4.2.1 was nearly pointless for many iPhone users. Serious utility will hopefully be added in 4.3 other than att's ridiculous notion of monthly portable hotspot fees.

      However, if you don't own an iPad, you don't know what you're missing out on.
    1. Imahottguy's Avatar
      Imahottguy -
      I'm excited to see what the hoopla is aboot. The cameras will be nice, my son will get a kick out of those. What daddy (myself) is looking for is the supposed A5 and the 512mb that the original should have shipped with. OS5? I doubt it. 4.3GM seems likely, and perhaps even an intro of 4.5 that will add something that will more differentiate iPad from the "competition". We will see, won't we? It would be cool if Steve was there to show it off, since he really seemed to be proud of the first gen. Doubt it though...

      Quote Originally Posted by CX3NT3_713 View Post
      I DON'T THINK IMA GET NEW IPAD,, IT STILL LACKS A CHIT LOAD OF FEATURES!!! LG's 3D PAD,, IS THA WAY TOO GO
      I hope you were kidding. 3D on a tablet makes about as much sense as your post
    1. Dayvidpriddy's Avatar
      Dayvidpriddy -
      Quote Originally Posted by ohthatguyagain View Post
      I agree... Given the quantity of significant features and improvements in each previous ios edition... I'd say we need to at least work through a half dozen releases of 4.3.x before we see ios 5.0.1.

      The jump 4.0.1 to 4.2.1 was nearly pointless for many iPhone users. Serious utility will hopefully be added in 4.3 other than att's ridiculous notion of monthly portable hotspot fees.

      However, if you don't own an iPad, you don't know what you're missing out on.
      Yea what exactly am I missing out on again? It's an oversized iPhone that actually lets you read text more easier, same apps for both devices for the most part and it's not a real computer (you can't install regular computer software on it) and it does nearly nothing that my notebook does...what exactly is one missing again by not owning an iPad? All of these "pads" are a waste of money...I mean how do you even type on a glass screen where you can't physically feel the keys (and I'm not talking text messages or quick 1 liner E-Mails either!?) God help someone writing a term paper on one...

      NO THANKS, I think I'll stick to the real computer! My 17.3" 1080p notebook...the one that long played photos and videos before the iPad and the one that does everything else the iPad can't and will probably never be able to do lol...

      Seriously folks, stop wasting your money on junk!...if you have a notebook you already have an iPad and that goes for any of the other copy cats out there.
    1. CabooseLoL's Avatar
      CabooseLoL -
      Ummm. It's gonna be raining march 2nd. So this event is going to be held at that little stage behind the Metreon center and the Moscone center? BRING BOOTS AND UMBRELLAS! You will be standing in mud. I might still go though LoL

      *Edit* I just realized that there's a difference between Yerba Buena Center for the Arts and Yerba Buena Garden LoL. Maybe I won't be going after all
    1. certifiablygeek's Avatar
      certifiablygeek -
      Quote Originally Posted by Dayvidpriddy View Post
      Yea what exactly am I missing out on again? It's an oversized iPhone that actually lets you read text more easier, same apps for both devices for the most part and it's not a real computer (you can't install regular computer software on it) and it does nearly nothing that my notebook does...what exactly is one missing again by not owning an iPad? All of these "pads" are a waste of money...I mean how do you even type on a glass screen where you can't physically feel the keys (and I'm not talking text messages or quick 1 liner E-Mails either!?) God help someone writing a term paper on one...

      NO THANKS, I think I'll stick to the real computer! My 17.3" 1080p notebook...the one that long played photos and videos before the iPad and the one that does everything else the iPad can't and will probably never be able to do lol...

      Seriously folks, stop wasting your money on junk!...if you have a notebook you already have an iPad and that goes for any of the other copy cats out there.
      So, you won't be getting one? You know, tablets aren't for everybody, but not everyone wants to lug around a 17.3" laptop either.

      Also, the "oversized iPhone" line is getting so tired. Original much? You clearly never owned an iPad.

      I also never realized that my old notebook was an iPad. Bummer. How many notebooks have touch screens? How many are as light and portable as an iPad?

      Reality check, please.
    1. Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
      Happy Noodle Boy -
      Quote Originally Posted by Dayvidpriddy View Post
      Yea what exactly am I missing out on again? It's an oversized iPhone that actually lets you read text more easier, same apps for both devices for the most part and it's not a real computer (you can't install regular computer software on it) and it does nearly nothing that my notebook does...what exactly is one missing again by not owning an iPad? All of these "pads" are a waste of money...I mean how do you even type on a glass screen where you can't physically feel the keys (and I'm not talking text messages or quick 1 liner E-Mails either!?) God help someone writing a term paper on one...

      NO THANKS, I think I'll stick to the real computer! My 17.3" 1080p notebook...the one that long played photos and videos before the iPad and the one that does everything else the iPad can't and will probably never be able to do lol...

      Seriously folks, stop wasting your money on junk!...if you have a notebook you already have an iPad and that goes for any of the other copy cats out there.
      Look at this post. Look at it. Looke how wrong it is. I assume you've never head of this little thing called a bluetooth keyboard? But whatever, keep enjoying lugging around your 3 hour battery 7 pound laptop in the huge bag for it that no doubt also includes the AC adapter block and wireless mouse while everyone else carries a device that does everything your silly laptop does, has 3 times the battery life, and fits in a manila envelope.

      And this is coming from someone who does not have or is interested in an iPad yet sees the undeniable value and worth of it.
    1. Assassination's Avatar
      Assassination -
      LAME. iPhone 5 is what everybody waiting for! 4G Network!!!!
    1. zplit's Avatar
      zplit -
      Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
      The event is going to rock my socks!
      +1
    1. nebulis's Avatar
      nebulis -
      The iPad is not suppose to b a laptop replacement. It's the middle road between a cheap netbook that's good for only typing and web browsing and a notebook that's good for more. I do agree that typing a paper on it is not doable for sanity reasons. *cough* Bluetooth keyboard. *cough*