• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Apple Becomes Rightful Owner of iPhone5.com


    Whatever Apple wants, Apple seems to get. As MMi reported May 7th, Apple has made an effort to secure the rights to iPhone5.com through the World Intellectual Property Organization. Until now, that domain was owned by another non-Apple entity.

    What a difference a month can make. On Thursday, published reports indicate that the World Intellectual Property Organization is going to help Apple gain control of the iphone5.com domain name.

    Although we don't know who the previous owners of the domain were, iphone5.com was registered four years ago and was stamped with the CYA disclaimer that the site is not endorsed, sponsored, nor otherwise affiliated with Apple.

    A lot of people are interpreting Apple's efforts in this endeavor to mean that the iPhone maker will call the next-gen device the "iPhone 5." Although the correct moniker remains up in the air, we shouldn't forget that it was just last year when Apple similarly pursued iphone4s.com.

    Source: The Next Web
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Apple Becomes Rightful Owner of iPhone5.com started by Michael Essany View original post
    Comments 22 Comments
    1. VBLUE42's Avatar
      VBLUE42 -
      The next iPhone will likely be called: "The New iPhone"
    1. regkilla's Avatar
      regkilla -
      iPhone 5 it is!
    1. celeron's Avatar
      celeron -
      iPhone 5 sounds lame
    1. shawn o's Avatar
      shawn o -
      So you're saying the iphone 4s, which came with OS 5, isn't the 5th gen iphone?

      And that the next iphone, which will come with OS 6, will be called Iphone 5?

      WRONG.

      Just as the 3GS was iphone 3, the 4S is iphone 5. And the next iphone will be iphone 6. Most likely it will be called the "New Iphone" officially though.
    1. Norb's Avatar
      Norb -
      Quote Originally Posted by shawn o View Post
      So you're saying the iphone 4s, which came with OS 5, isn't the 5th gen iphone?

      And that the next iphone, which will come with OS 6, will be called Iphone 5?

      WRONG.

      Just as the 3GS was iphone 3, the 4S is iphone 5. And the next iphone will be iphone 6. Most likely it will be called the "New Iphone" officially though.
      You don't make sense... the 'iPhone 4s' is not called an 'iPhone 5' the 2nd iPhone was called an 'iPhone 3g' not 'iPhone 2' the 3rd iPhone was a 'iPhone 3GS' not 'iPhone 3'. Generation has NOTHING to do with the name, how have you not yet noticed this yet...
    1. AUZambo's Avatar
      AUZambo -
      Quote Originally Posted by Norb View Post
      You don't make sense... the 'iPhone 4s' is not called an 'iPhone 5' the 2nd iPhone was called an 'iPhone 3g' not 'iPhone 2' the 3rd iPhone was a 'iPhone 3GS' not 'iPhone 3'. Generation has NOTHING to do with the name, how have you not yet noticed this yet...
      I think he's simply pointing out that the 3s was the 3rd iphone and the 4s is the 5th iphone. And you're wrong with "Generation has NOTHING to do with the name" considering it had everything to do with the iPhone 4 name.
    1. law111's Avatar
      law111 -
      SIMPLE

      Apple is in the dictionary under this word, the next iPhone will most likely be called, "iPhone 5".

      The next iPhone will be iPhone 5s, now for my sake of typing I will list a couple more so you get the point.

      iPhone 6, iPhone 6s, iPhone 7, iPhone 7s, iPhone 8, iPhone 8s, etc. If you don't understand Apple's simple methods by this point.....
    1. AUZambo's Avatar
      AUZambo -
      Quote Originally Posted by law111 View Post
      SIMPLE

      Apple is in the dictionary under this word, the next iPhone will most likely be called, "iPhone 5".

      The next iPhone will be iPhone 5s, now for my sake of typing I will list a couple more so you get the point.

      iPhone 6, iPhone 6s, iPhone 7, iPhone 7s, iPhone 8, iPhone 8s, etc. If you don't understand Apple's simple methods by this point.....
      You say that with the same confidence of those who predicted the latest iPad to be called the iPad 3.
    1. Norb's Avatar
      Norb -
      Quote Originally Posted by AUZambo View Post
      I think he's simply pointing out that the 3s was the 3rd iphone and the 4s is the 5th iphone. And you're wrong with "Generation has NOTHING to do with the name" considering it had everything to do with the iPhone 4 name.
      So because the iPhone 4 happened to match the generation it means they are using generation as the names? Why would they ever go and **** that up by calling the next release the 4S... Meh this is such a retarded argument.

      Quote Originally Posted by AUZambo View Post
      You say that with the same confidence of those who predicted the latest iPad to be called the iPad 3.
      And that actually proves EVEN more that generation and name should just be two separate topics.
    1. AUZambo's Avatar
      AUZambo -
      Quote Originally Posted by Norb View Post
      So because the iPhone 4 happened to match the generation it means they are using generation as the names? Why would they ever go and **** that up by calling the next release the 4S... Meh this is such a retarded argument.
      lol...I agree. I'm just trying to pass time on a boring work day!

      And, for what it's worth, I believe completely that the iPhone 4 was called that because it was the 4th generation iPhone. Where else would the "4" come from? It still ran on 3G data, it was only offered through 3 carriers (in America), it has 2 colors. Maybe because they quadrupled the resolution?

      Quote Originally Posted by Norb View Post
      And that actually proves EVEN more that generation and name should just be two separate topics.
      I agree with that too. I never said I think the next iPhone would be called the iPhone 6. I think they'll just call it the new iPhone. I liked their decision to get away with generation specific names.
    1. saleen_GT's Avatar
      saleen_GT -
      Y people fight about what next iPhone gonna be called, what ever it's call we still gonna buy it any how

      How about iPhone 5 LTE lol

      Or IPhone LTE lol
    1. Norb's Avatar
      Norb -
      Quote Originally Posted by AUZambo View Post
      I agree with that too. I never said I think the next iPhone would be called the iPhone 6. I think they'll just call it the new iPhone. I liked their decision to get away with generation specific names.
      Well this all started with this
      And that the next iphone, which will come with OS 6, will be called Iphone 5?

      WRONG.
      Again name and generation have nothing to do with it. One is marketing and the other is and incremental number. As far as the name goes, the next model will be either the "iPhone 5" or just "iPhone" and the last thing it will be is the "iPhone 6". If they skipped 5 people would go insane and think well I just bought the 4S and we are on 6? WTF APPLE!?

      But yes the next model is in fact the 6th gen. The End...

      PS, yes slow work day for me too...

      Quote Originally Posted by saleen_GT View Post
      Y people fight about what next iPhone gonna be called, what ever it's call we still gonna buy it any how

      How about iPhone 5 LTE lol

      Or IPhone LTE lol
      Then everyone will be pissed off LMAO.
    1. arem's Avatar
      arem -
      What a bunch of ****.
      If someone else buys it, Apple can get over it.
      They should've bought it first.
    1. regkilla's Avatar
      regkilla -
      It will be the iPhone 5
    1. xclusiveiphone's Avatar
      xclusiveiphone -
      they can have iphone5.com but iphonefive.com is still mine.
    1. dell arness2's Avatar
      dell arness2 -
      After reading the first few comments, I haz been mindfked.
    1. petrusk's Avatar
      petrusk -
      iPhone LTE, I lol'd
    1. confucious's Avatar
      confucious -
      It will be called the iPhone X

      End of.
    1. Dayvidpriddy's Avatar
      Dayvidpriddy -
      Quote Originally Posted by arem View Post
      What a bunch of ****.
      If someone else buys it, Apple can get over it.
      They should've bought it first.
      What am I not getting here, if someone else owns it and Apple wants it, they have to pay for it! What right do they have to steal it from it's current owner? That's insane! Pay up Apple, you have the cash!
    1. Co1d Night's Avatar
      Co1d Night -
      This inspires me to open a website called iPhone6.com.