PhotoAlbums+ is a popular jailbreak tweak for making the Photos application better by iOS developer Christian Heusinger. It gives the user more power for managing albums and photographs. iOS 5 came with some improvements to the albums feature, however PhotoAlbums+ still gives us some abilities that iOS 5 doesn’t have yet, such as password protection and the ability to completely move a photograph from one album to another album instead of simply placing a copy of the photograph in a new album while still leaving the original photograph in the original album.
The update comes with the new ability of controlling which photographs are sent to the Photo Stream in iOS 5. This gives you the peace of mind of security and also you can upload and photograph you want, whether you took it with your Camera application or you just saved it from Safari or some other image capturing method in iOS. We know that iOS 5.1 gives you the ability to delete photographs from the Photo Stream on demand, however most people are not using iOS 5.1 as there is not yet an untethered jailbreak for the A4 or A5 processor on iOS 5.1.
Additional features in the update include iOS 5.1 support for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad (still works on iOS 5.0.1 and older), the ability to prevent photographs from automatically being uploaded to the Photo Stream, and more Photo Stream options on the iPad.
Apart from features, the update addresses numerous bugs:
- USB connection issues have been completely resolved
- Issue with image picker in Messages application not showing images has now been fixed
- Issue with oor image quality in private albums on the iPad has been fixed
- Renaming private albums will no longer delete the password
- Private album circumvention issue when closing Photos application has been fixed
- iOS 5.1 crashes will no longer happen due to compatibility fixes
- Issue causing 'move to existing album' command to disappear has been fixed
- Issue making private videos on the iPad visible in the photos tab has been fixed
If you own PhotoAlbums+, the update will be free for you. If you are a new customer, PhotoAlbums+ will set you back $4.99 (iPhone + iPod touch) or $6.99 (iPad) to reserve your copy from the BigBoss repository. If you love photography or you like being very neat and organized with your iOS albums, you definitely want this jailbreak tweak.
Sources: Christian Heusinger