• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Unlock Your Jailbroken iPhone With SAM Today!


    You can unlock your jailbroken iPhone right now thanks to an iPhone hacker called Loktar_Sun. The iPhone unlock relies on a project made by iOS developer Sam Bingner dubbed SAM, which stands for Subscriber Artificial Module. Loktar_Sun used SAM in an unexpected way, reusing the IMSI obtained in an early step by adding it to a later step. Renowned iPhone hacker MuscleNerd has confirmed via his Twitter that this unlock method works with his iPhone 4S:



    Instructions for performing your unlock can be found from this link as MuscleNerd Tweeted earlier. According to Sam Bingner, this unlock method grabs a legitimate ticket from Apple and does some information spoofing to unlock your iPhone. Sam was able to confirm that it also works with the iPhone 4. While the instructions are currently a little long, Sam says he is working on a package to make it much more simple and straightforward as we speak.



    To download the correct SAM package, be sure to add the following repository to your iPhone in Cydia by tapping on the Manage tab, then the Sources button, then tapping Edit, then tapping Add:
    PHP Code:
    repo.bingner.com 
    MuscleNerd tells us that the unlock must be performed with each SIM individually. The activation ticket on the iPhone needs to match that of the SIM it was generated with, so you won't be able to switch between SIM cards on the fly unless you unlock them one by one by repeating this process. This is where the factory unlocked iPhone has an advantage.

    MuscleNerd also states that if Apple fixes this unlock method, your unlock should still be valid.

    Sources: MuscleNerd
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Unlock Your Jailbroken iPhone With SAM Today! started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 208 Comments
    1. caretr's Avatar
      caretr -
      Quote Originally Posted by agent7 View Post
      I unlocked sprint iphone 4s for at&t and works great. But how to do i go back to sprint? I took out the sim card at&t and put the sprint one back in and it wont activate? Help please
      im just gonna guess and say you might have to restore phone like new and they reactivate it to sprint
    1. that1dude's Avatar
      that1dude -
      Quote Originally Posted by k1653d View Post
      Interesting. Are you saying that after the restore/update the phone was unlock without needing to JB and do SAM again?.

      Correct, the phone is currently unlocked on iOS 5.1, BB 04.12.01, no jailbreak, no factory unlock.
    1. k1653d's Avatar
      k1653d -
      Quote Originally Posted by C5N View Post
      Trust me, done that more than those missing millions with pending activation - It just doesnt work.
      I have two iphone 4 5.0.1 01.59.xx BB and they both work fine with ultrasnow. Judging from you not being able to get this to work or the SAM unlock I would say there is a problem with your phone.

      What does ultrasnow do? Does it just say no service? Install ultrasnow, make sure 3g is off and turn on and off airplane mode so it searches. What does it say after the search?

      Quote Originally Posted by grymmd View Post
      Just to be sure. I'm using v.backspace.jp/repo/ for the commcenter patch. Should I be using another one because MMS still doesn't work after installing the T-mobile fix from cydia.pushfix.info. When sending MMS it says sending but the bar stops at about 90% and stays there for 15-20 seconds. In result it fails to send the MMS. Thank you for your reply by the way.
      Yes that is the right source for the commcenter patch. Make sure your apns are in after installing the MMS fix. Go to settings, general, network, cellular data (if tab is not there pop out sim card and put back in).

      Apn for cellular data and mms should be epc.tmobile.com

      Also take note that alot of the information should have already been filled in by the mms fix. If there is nothing filled in reinstall the mms fix. Be sure that your sim card is in the phone and you have service when installing mms fix.

      It is normal for the MMS to stall at 90%, typically it takes 10 second -1 minute to go through afterwards depending on how big your picture is and how good your signal is.

      Also be sure 3g is off.

      Quote Originally Posted by agent7 View Post
      I unlocked sprint iphone 4s for at&t and works great. But how to do i go back to sprint? I took out the sim card at&t and put the sprint one back in and it wont activate? Help please
      The SAM unlock will only work with 1 carrier at a time. You have to undo what you did. I would try to clear push then unactivate under SAMPrefs.

      Quote Originally Posted by that1dude View Post
      Correct, the phone is currently unlocked on iOS 5.1, BB 04.12.01, no jailbreak, no factory unlock.
      That is very interesting indeed. Seems like when you do an update it backed up your lockdown folder where you spoofed the IMSI and restored it so the unlock is still there. Just like it restored your contacts and such. Great alternative to stumble upon though for those who want an unlock for 5.1 but do not want a tethered jailbreak. Good Post!
    1. MattOnDemand's Avatar
      MattOnDemand -
      Quote Originally Posted by woko0291 View Post
      whenever i attempt this at step 7 when im connecting to itunes, itunes says "the sim card in this iphone does not appear to be supported" -___-
      Same here. Boooooooo!!! Can't get it to work!!
    1. Falker's Avatar
      Falker -
      Quote Originally Posted by ktmunited View Post
      Ooofff.......Finally i got it to work it for my t-mobile
      1.Put your at&t sim card and de-activate
      2.Go to more info in sampref and copy the first imsi number in sim
      3.Remove at&t sim card
      4.Put the one you want to work with
      5.Go back and select method by country and carrier and choose your country and carrier
      6.Go back to more info and press spoof real sim with sam
      7.Paste the imsi number in sam details
      8.Go back and disable sam and plug it to your pc and it will work after some seconds.
      For me there was no itunes error.

      This worked for me

      Canada
      Original sim Telus
      using sim Fido now
      Did everything exactly like above but selected "auto select" for carrier
    1. that1dude's Avatar
      that1dude -
      Quote Originally Posted by that1dude View Post
      Ok, so this is extremely weird (but in a totally, really cool way!)

      Long story short, I installed SiriPort 5.1 on my iP4 after successfully running the SAM exploit. However, the SiriPort was being retarded so I uninstalled it without backing anything up (again, because I'm retarded ). Bad move on my part because it caused me to be stuck in a recovery loop. When I kicked it out of the recovery loop I couldn't successfully reboot the phone (stuck @ pineapple). With this, I did a restore through iTunes. Wouldn't you know it, my "unlock" stayed after doing the restore and I'm not jailbroken anymore as I updated to official iOS 5.1...

      So, would I suggest that anyone restore to original iOS after performing the SAM exploit? No, I would not. However, I'm just reporting my own findings so that if anyone else just so happens to be in my situation, they have someone else to bounce ideas off of.
      Update: I couldn't stand not having a jailbreak, so I went ahead and re-jailbroke. Still have the unlock and I did NOT have to reapply the exploit, in case anyone was curious.
    1. grymmd's Avatar
      grymmd -
      Quote Originally Posted by k1653d View Post
      Yes that is the right source for the commcenter patch. Make sure your apns are in after installing the MMS fix. Go to settings, general, network, cellular data (if tab is not there pop out sim card and put back in).

      Apn for cellular data and mms should be epc.tmobile.com

      Also take note that alot of the information should have already been filled in by the mms fix. If there is nothing filled in reinstall the mms fix. Be sure that your sim card is in the phone and you have service when installing mms fix.

      It is normal for the MMS to stall at 90%, typically it takes 10 second -1 minute to go through afterwards depending on how big your picture is and how good your signal is.

      Also be sure 3g is off.
      I've followed all of your instructions but it just would not send. I understand this fix works for others, i just don't understand why it doesn't work for me. Is it possible that it has something to do with my sim card? Its the tmobile sim where the back is larger than the sims nowadays. The back take up about 80% of the sim card. Perhaps I need a slim one?
    1. Simon's Avatar
      Simon -
      Quote Originally Posted by that1dude View Post
      Update: I couldn't stand not having a jailbreak, so I went ahead and re-jailbroke. Still have the unlock and I did NOT have to reapply the exploit, in case anyone was curious.
      Very interesting. After you restored how did you activate the phone first? Did the sim you did the procedure for activate the phone or did you have to put a official carrier sim back in to activate first? Was your unlock still there before restoring from backup or only after you did?
    1. Koreandude82's Avatar
      Koreandude82 -
      I just did this last night. no more Gevey for me I hope. Works great on the T-mobile network
    1. huutriet's Avatar
      huutriet -
      anyone pls help i cant unlock. i'm stuck in step 7 everytime i done step 6 and on the next step its cant activate
    1. manishgehani's Avatar
      manishgehani -
      Quote Originally Posted by huutriet View Post
      anyone pls help i cant unlock. i'm stuck in step 7 everytime i done step 6 and on the next step its cant activate
      What issue are you facing?? Any error messages?

      Quote Originally Posted by agent7 View Post
      I unlocked sprint iphone 4s for at&t and works great. But how to do i go back to sprint? I took out the sim card at&t and put the sprint one back in and it wont activate? Help please
      You will need to unlock again.. just follow the same steps with the other sim.
    1. aii's Avatar
      aii -
      Yesterday it took all night for me to get things working, so I wanted to post a little help for others:

      Make sure your provider is really what it seems. Mine provider supposed to be o2 uk - bought it in aftermarket.
      Used iTools to check, but they only showed the region - GB. Carrier was Carrier lab 11.0. Did search the google, but nothing normal showed up (some even told it was ATT).
      I thought it was some problem with SAM, reinstalled it, installed Cydia three times, and even more. Tried copying, deleting etc.

      But if you are unsure about your carrier and iTunes doesn't activate iphone, do what I did - use iTools and get to know the region, take your region and start from the beginning, with every provider and every SIM ID (but don't copy or change anything to IMSI or ICCID - just to get to know the right carrier), then in SAM > utilities > attempt activation (iphone connected to itunes) and... woillla...! it started activating!!

      then do as in instructions..
    1. akz080's Avatar
      akz080 -
      Just read on @sbingner twitter that this will work on 4.1 FW for IP4 however no success on 4.2.1. Anyone know if you require a new activated sim of the provider that you are switching to or an unactivated sim will work as well?
    1. iHawaii's Avatar
      iHawaii -
      SAM CAN YOU PLEASE SHARE YOUR CDMA KNOWLEDGE for a Sprint Unlock?

      Have a JB Sprint 4s on 5.0.1 but phone never had a SIM because its a dual system phone with cdma and gsm.
      Phone gets activated by itunes as best as I can tell without having any sim card.
      Phone appears activated there after But, it does not want to support a sim.
    1. Simon's Avatar
      Simon -
      Quote Originally Posted by iHawaii View Post
      SAM CAN YOU PLEASE SHARE YOUR CDMA KNOWLEDGE for a Sprint Unlock?

      Have a JB Sprint 4s on 5.0.1 but phone never had a SIM because its a dual system phone with cdma and gsm.
      Phone gets activated by itunes as best as I can tell without having any sim card.
      Phone appears activated there after But, it does not want to support a sim.
      Have you tried auto detect and activate under util. in SAM? If that doesnt work try choosing the Sprint US bundle then trying to activate under utils.
    1. Loso_Luciano's Avatar
      Loso_Luciano -
      Yesterday after i did all of it and it unlocked my Ip4 on 5.1 BB 4.12. I downloaded something from cydia and it wouldnt reboot. Just stuck on the logo, so i had to restore through iphone and thinking to myself i hope this works again from step 1 since i believed my unlock wouldnt be there but surprise right after restore it picked up my tmobile sim in seconds and it worked.


      Also, i was wondering how to add data to use the internet. I read the few things and i had to reboot to do all that but i didnt wana lose my JB so i said F-it. So, i am out and about. Guess what. My data works. Edge on top. I went to safari and it worked. No wifi or anything. I didnt enter anything and wala. I wonder why though. Im not complaining. I may have been lucky.
    1. Simon's Avatar
      Simon -
      Quote Originally Posted by Loso_Luciano View Post
      Yesterday after i did all of it and it unlocked my Ip4 on 5.1 BB 4.12. I downloaded something from cydia and it wouldnt reboot. Just stuck on the logo, so i had to restore through iphone and thinking to myself i hope this works again from step 1 since i believed my unlock wouldnt be there but surprise right after restore it picked up my tmobile sim in seconds and it worked.


      Also, i was wondering how to add data to use the internet. I read the few things and i had to reboot to do all that but i didnt wana lose my JB so i said F-it. So, i am out and about. Guess what. My data works. Edge on top. I went to safari and it worked. No wifi or anything. I didnt enter anything and wala. I wonder why though. Im not complaining. I may have been lucky.
      After the restore did the phone just work and activate one time with your tmobile sim or did you have to activate it first with a ATT sim and restore from backup before it worked?
    1. Loso_Luciano's Avatar
      Loso_Luciano -
      Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
      After the restore did the phone just work and activate one time with your tmobile sim or did you have to activate it first with a ATT sim and restore from backup before it worked?
      Yeah, it just worked since i already had my tmobile sim in there. It picked it up quick. I didnt have to activate it again. I just re-did the jailbreak.
    1. Simon's Avatar
      Simon -
      Quote Originally Posted by Loso_Luciano View Post
      Yeah, it just worked since i already had my tmobile sim in there. It picked it up quick. I didnt have to activate it again. I just re-did the jailbreak.
      Nice. Thanks
    1. vladpire's Avatar
      vladpire -
      Confirmed! Just sucessfully unlocked a Verizon 4S and made calls with my AT&T sim. sweet