I posted earlier today about how I was able to jailbreak the Verizon iPhone 4 with an updated greenpois0n. Well, in no time at all, the update is now live and will jailbreak your brand new Verizon iPhone, and any other iDevice on firmware 4.2.1.
NOTE: The new version (RC5 Beta 4) is currently only available for Mac OS X available for both Windows and Mac OS X now!
- Step One: Head to greenpois0n.com and download the newest version
- Step Two: Attach your iPhone to your computer, close iTunes if it opens.
- Step Three: Open the greenpois0n app and follow the instructions for putting your device in DFU mode
- Step Four: greenpois0n will recognize the device in DFU, and run its code, allowing for an untethered jailbreak for the iPhone. The phone will reboot after finishing, however, it will now have an animated boot logo that starts with the apple logo and morphs into the greenpois0n logo.
- Step Five: On your springboard, you should find an app called 'Loader' which will download and install Cydia. Cydia might not appear directly after Loader finishes. A reboot worked for me.
- Step Six: Open Cydia, and install updates as needed! Enjoy your jailbroken Verizon iPhone 4!!
Let us know, if you have any problems, or if something doesn't work as indicated.
You may find that some Cydia apps may not run perfectly yet, since the Verizon iPhone uses a modified firmware compared to the GSM version. It is expected that the two versions will sync up when iOS 4.3 is released. But for now, enjoy the jailbreak!
Screenshots of various steps: