• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Ashton Kutcher to Play Steve Jobs in Biopic, and No This Isn't a Late April Fools Post

    Honestly though, how much do these two look alike? And Steve Jobs looks like a living, breathing, Guy Fawkes mask...


    Looks like Ashton Kutcher and his wave of destruction knows no bounds. Variety is claiming Kutcher will play Steve Jobs in an upcoming bipoic.

    Huge disclaimer here: This is not the same Sony backed, Aaron Sorkin penned biopic that most associate with Jobs movie rumors. This is a separate “indie” biopic entitled “Jobs.” Still, Variety claims this is true, and not some horrible attempt at an April Fools joke.

    According to Variety Joshua Michael Stern (“Swing Vote”) will direct a script penned by Matt Whiteley and Five Star Institute’s Mark Hulme is financing the production. The production is scheduled to begin in May while Kutcher has down time from Two and A Half Men.

    The script will reportedly chronicle Steve Jobs life from “wayward hippie” to “co-founder” of Apple. Sounds like this story may hone its focus on a certain section of Jobs life instead of basing itself on the expansive Walter Isaacson penned biography.

    Ashton Kutcher. As Steve Jobs. It only makes sense that the greatest actor in modern cinema would represent a visionary like Steve Jobs.




    Source: Variety
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Ashton Kutcher to Play Steve Jobs in Biopic, and No This Isn't a Late April Fools Post started by Phillip Swanson View original post
    Comments 30 Comments
    1. iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
      iLoveWindows&iPhone -
      Kill me now......

      Alls this guy does is yell his lines, and act like a complete idiot.....in "That 70s show" and in "Two and Half men". They could have created any character they wanted when he replaced Charlie. Yet they made another semi retarded character, who talks way to loudly. There is a reason all his roles are similar....he can't act! He plays himself in everything he has done, anything successful at least.

      Oh......And he used to prank celebs and video tape it.

      This is a absolute horrible choice. I'm sorry Steve.....You deserve MUCH better then this.

      Can we start some sort of protest?
    1. Just Dummy's Avatar
      Just Dummy -
      Maybe Borat would be a better choice.

    1. Silverado1987's Avatar
      Silverado1987 -
      Well as far as acting goes they'll work on that. But it's pretty good that he pretty much looks similar. Give Ashton a break. What about butterfly effect?
    1. fro455's Avatar
      fro455 -
      I can't take this guy seriously. I mean he's funny and all but to do a role like this, he just doesn't fit. What happened to Noah Wyle? He did Steve Jobs perfectly.
    1. iRockADI's Avatar
      iRockADI -
      Good actor but not to "be" Steve Jobs... For god... I hate him at two and a half men... The butterfly effect was a good movie but nothing else...
    1. javiert30's Avatar
      javiert30 -
      You got to be kidding... Phail
    1. swifty7's Avatar
      swifty7 -
      you got to be shitting me......THIS GOT TO BE AN APRIL FOOL'S JOKE.....GOD PLEASE LET IT BE!!!!

      why can't the producers hire Noah Wyle to reprise the role of Jobs. Even Job's himself said that Noah did a better job at playing him than himself during a mac keynote. What an insult to Jobs and Mac fans......truly sad!!!

      please somebody start a petition.
    1. severe's Avatar
      severe -
      Terrible choice.

    1. feidhlim1986's Avatar
      feidhlim1986 -
      This is for an Independent Film and not for the proposed Sony Pictures Biopic, based on the Steve Jobs Biography Walter Isaacson wrote, that Aaron Sorkin is considering.
    1. bigray's Avatar
      bigray -
      Maybe Denzel Washington would have been a better choice?
    1. mlee19841's Avatar
      mlee19841 -
      Quote Originally Posted by bigray View Post
      Maybe Denzel Washington would have been a better choice?
      Made me laugh after a long day. Thanks.
    1. PoEtikly's Avatar
      PoEtikly -
      I'm not a Ashton fan but he may surprise you. Maybe he needs a role like this to step outside his box. Who knows, but I know I'm not going to say "kill me now!" or lose any sleep over who's going to play Steve Jobs in an indie biopic.
    1. mofolo's Avatar
      mofolo -
      " It only makes sense that the greatest actor in modern cinema would represent a visionary like Steve Jobs. "
      Really?
    1. AUZambo's Avatar
      AUZambo -
      I remember people use to say the exact same things about Jim Carey...but then when he nailed several more serious roles (Truman Show, Majestic, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, The #23, etc.) people started to realize there was more to him than mindless, physical humor.

      Maybe it's Kutcher's time.
    1. Soldierboykillm's Avatar
      Soldierboykillm -
      Quote Originally Posted by AUZambo View Post
      I remember people use to say the exact same things about Jim Carey...but then when he nailed several more serious roles (Truman Show, Majestic, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, The #23, etc.) people started to realize there was more to him than mindless, physical humor.

      Maybe it's Kutcher's time.
      I agree.
    1. Carvensno's Avatar
      Carvensno -
      I think Noah Wyle looked and did a pretty good job at playing Steve Jobs in Pirates of Silicon Valley (1999).
    1. steve-z17's Avatar
      steve-z17 -
      Quote Originally Posted by iLoveWindows&iPhone View Post
      Kill me now......

      Alls this guy does is yell his lines, and act like a complete idiot.....in "That 70s show" and in "Two and Half men". They could have created any character they wanted when he replaced Charlie. Yet they made another semi retarded character, who talks way to loudly. There is a reason all his roles are similar....he can't act! He plays himself in everything he has done, anything successful at least.

      Oh......And he used to prank celebs and video tape it.

      This is a absolute horrible choice. I'm sorry Steve.....You deserve MUCH better then this.

      Can we start some sort of protest?
      You obviously haven't seen all of Kutchers movies.....

      I think he looks a lot like Jobs and when he needs to play a serious role he can do it. I think for the hippie stage of Jobs' life, Kutcher will do a great job! I think may made a good choice casting him.
    1. BiGBaD's Avatar
      BiGBaD -
      He will do fine. This thread is turning into Topix.

      Can't wait to see it.
    1. bigliquid530's Avatar
      bigliquid530 -
      Did you say greatest actor in modern cinema lol
    1. iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
      iLoveWindows&iPhone -
      Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
      You obviously haven't seen all of Kutchers movies.....

      I think he looks a lot like Jobs and when he needs to play a serious role he can do it. I think for the hippie stage of Jobs' life, Kutcher will do a great job! I think may made a good choice casting him.
      He has been in 3 movies...."Dude...Where's My Car", "Butterfly Effect", and some romantic comedy I stopped watching after 30 minutes. Is that what you mean by ALL his movies? Not much of a respectable resume there.

      And who cares if he looks similar to Jobs when he (Jobs) was young. That's by far the least important aspect. I would much rather have a good/great actor who doesn't look quite as much like Steve then a model/prankster who can't really act.

      At least this isn't the Sony movie though, hopefully Sony will get it right.