• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Texas Instruments Already Producing Chips For September New iPhone Release



    Rumors surfaced today claiming Texas Instruments has started producing power management chips for the next iPhone due out in September.

    Texas Instruments already supplies a number of components for Apple including the touchscreen controller and power management chips in the iPhone 4S. The company also produces a control device found in the new iPad. According to RepairLabs blog, their source claims the companyís management is referring to the next iPhone as the iPhone 5.

    A separate Chinese source claims the next iPhone will be ready for a September release as well as feature a larger display. RepairLabs isnít a proven source for Apple rumors, but they did post pictures of the new iPadís back casing in February, and claim the second batch of rumors come from the same Chinese source.

    Expect rumors regarding all things iPhone to pick up between now and the middle of summer. If Apple's announcement schedule holds true, the company wont release a new iPhone until this fall, and will announce the device a few weeks before. Apple's announcements no longer revolve around the WWDC and as such this summer could be rather barren in terms of major announcements outside of Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, and iMac updates.


    Source: RepairLabs
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Rumors Claim Texas Instruments Already Producing Chips For September New iPhone Release started by Phillip Swanson View original post
    Comments 26 Comments
    1. indyracer05's Avatar
      indyracer05 -
      Hopefully Apple goes bold on this next update and adds a few new surprises to the iphone like no home button and make it a gesture phone. Add the more capabilities to the music app like editing info/artwork ect. Be able to add new music w/o itunes!!! Add thunderbolt or a better way to charge the thing. Make it waterproof?!?!! Bottom line, apple better change up the updates to the iphone and add something besides software updates
    1. Silverado1987's Avatar
      Silverado1987 -
      Quote Originally Posted by indyracer05 View Post
      Hopefully Apple goes bold on this next update and adds a few new surprises to the iphone like no home button and make it a gesture phone. Add the more capabilities to the music app like editing info/artwork ect. Be able to add new music w/o itunes!!! Add thunderbolt or a better way to charge the thing. Make it waterproof?!?!! Bottom line, apple better change up the updates to the iphone and add something besides software updates
      Add new music without iTunes? 0.o

      Don't we already have that?
      Anyways. A new way of charging would be cool
    1. indyracer05's Avatar
      indyracer05 -
      Haha, I'll rephrase that. Add new mp3s to the music app via the iphone itself from the internet or from dropbox ect. Same with videos. Kinda add on to the Apples way of thinking of completely separating the iphone, ipod, and iPad from computers and laptops. Have the same abilities as you in itunes on the iphone
    1. JPili's Avatar
      JPili -
      Waterproof!!!! PLEASE!!!!
    1. farpoint's Avatar
      farpoint -
      Quote Originally Posted by indyracer05 View Post
      Add new mp3s to the music app via the iphone itself from the internet or from dropbox ect. Same with videos.

      And loose revenue from you for not paying for downloads or iTunes Match??
      Dream on...
    1. klouud's Avatar
      klouud -
      all we really need from the iPhone 5
      1. 4G LTE
      2. HD FaceTime
      3. 1GB RAM
      4. A5X processor or higher
      5. much improved battery life

      It would also be nice to have iPhones made from titanium and look similar to the rest of Apple's products.
      And of course, we need iOS 6.0 to fix all of the issues we have with the iOS platform... but I'm not holding my breath.
    1. keenpois0n's Avatar
      keenpois0n -
      Quote Originally Posted by indyracer05 View Post
      Haha, I'll rephrase that. Add new mp3s to the music app via the iphone itself from the internet or from dropbox ect. Same with videos. Kinda add on to the Apples way of thinking of completely separating the iphone, ipod, and iPad from computers and laptops. Have the same abilities as you in itunes on the iphone
      you can do this already with gremlin..works great for me
    1. hitman10's Avatar
      hitman10 -
      Quote Originally Posted by JPili View Post
      Waterproof!!!! PLEASE!!!!
      I 100% agree. Its honestly about time a phone company does something like that. I'm not even going to tell you how many times ive dropped my phone in the lake, bath, toilet, or a little puddle just big enough to reach your headphone and charger jack.
    1. lkailburn's Avatar
      lkailburn -
      I can't wait. Battery on my 4s is chit. So is the god awful buzzing static noise I get on 90% of calls. Sigh. Hopefully the new hardware will prove better. I'm also crossing all my fingers for a larger screen.

      Btw I love the mockup in the original post. Edge to edge screen plus thinner top and bottom. Looks great!
    1. Glocknine's Avatar
      Glocknine -
      Quote Originally Posted by klouud View Post
      all we really need from the iPhone 5
      1. 4G LTE
      2. HD FaceTime
      3. 1GB RAM
      4. A5X processor or higher
      5. much improved battery life

      It would also be nice to have iPhones made from titanium and look similar to the rest of Apple's products.
      And of course, we need iOS 6.0 to fix all of the issues we have with the iOS platform... but I'm not holding my breath.
      And i am hoping they will add e-wallet capability to the next iphone (I live in japan and I use my galaxy sII to pay for things that i am buying in here) 😊
    1. s0ulp1xel's Avatar
      s0ulp1xel -
      Quote Originally Posted by keenpois0n View Post
      you can do this already with gremlin..works great for me
      Can't find it on Cydia. Is it on Cydia?
    1. Mr.peanut11's Avatar
      Mr.peanut11 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
      Add new music without iTunes? 0.o

      Don't we already have that?
      Anyways. A new way of charging would be cool
      Hopefully we get a matte back so it doesn't scratch so easily either !
    1. bigliquid530's Avatar
      bigliquid530 -
      Bigger screen would be nice
    1. AUZambo's Avatar
      AUZambo -
      how much y'all wanna bet that the next iPhone will simply be dubbed "The new iPhone" and not "iPhone 5" or something similar?

      That question is kinda out of place, but I see several people here calling it the iPhone 5 and it just got me thinking.
    1. Z°G's Avatar
      Z°G -
      I really hope the iPhone 5 does not look like that.

      Quote Originally Posted by AUZambo View Post
      how much y'all wanna bet that the next iPhone will simply be dubbed "The new iPhone" and not "iPhone 5" or something similar?

      That question is kinda out of place, but I see several people here calling it the iPhone 5 and it just got me thinking.
      ooh god, I think I'd prefer the design above before the design that website shows.lol

      I also hope they never remove the physical home. then how would we enter DFU mode to jailbreak and restore?

      I gotta say, I really love the current design of the iPhone 4/4S (Am I the only one here?lol). To me it looks perfected. The device is actually very sturdy. My iPhone 4 has takin' some mean falls, and it seems pretty tough to me. With a bumper on, the edges are raised so it's well protected with even a small/thin bumper case on it. If the design changes too much, I'm not going any higher than a 4S.lol. That's just me tho. To each his own.

      The current design is "almost" perfect. I say "almost" only because I wish the screen was maybe a 1/4" bigger. Even a half inch wouldn't be so bad........Any more then that is way too big IMO.

      The edge to edge screen does not look too bad I guess......If only the curved edges and bezel back wasn't there (Which I think looks good actually, just scratches way too easily and just not practical IMO), and it was more square like.
    1. sprtn036's Avatar
      sprtn036 -
      All that looks like is an upside-down Magic Mouse... Fugly for a phone, IMO
    1. G113764's Avatar
      G113764 -
      [QUOTE=klouud;6467786]all we really need from the iPhone 5
      1. 4G LTE
      2. HD FaceTime
      3. 1GB RAM
      4. A5X processor or higher
      5. much improved battery life

      6.) 4" Screen.
      7.) Headphones that actually produce a good quality sound.

      I'll buy that iPhone outright and not worry about the upgrade fee. Doubt they'll give it that major of a face-lift though. )-:
    1. PoEtikly's Avatar
      PoEtikly -
      I agree. I think that the current iPhone design is pretty solid. I see room for display enlargement. I'm not an engineer nor do I know if the internals could be situated so the display could be expanded further down towards the home button, up towards the receiver, and out to the edges, but that would be nice. Honestly, I don't find the new iPad very impressive, but then again I'm not a huge tablet person. I would like to think that Apple will give us a really great new gen iPhone. Let's hope the 4s and new iPad allowed Apple to focus on the design (physically & technically) of the upcoming iPhone. If not I'd sure like to know what the hell their wasting their time on. I really hope that the UI is completely redesigned (employee FIF7Y), because I cannot stand the stock UI. Apple has the capability to create a really sleek, clean, and dynamic interface.
    1. Kenn@rd.'s Avatar
      Kenn@rd. -
      Quote Originally Posted by JPili View Post
      Waterproof!!!! PLEASE!!!!
      . Uh,..... Ya....? Waterproof(ing). It's nano-coating. A possible w/ apple.

      Quote Originally Posted by Z°G View Post
      I really hope the iPhone 5 does not look like that.



      ooh god, I think I'd prefer the design above before the design that website shows.lol

      I also hope they never remove the physical home. then how would we enter DFU mode to jailbreak and restore?

      I gotta say, I really love the current design of the iPhone 4/4S (Am I the only one here?lol). To me it looks perfected. The device is actually very sturdy. My iPhone 4 has takin' some mean falls, and it seems pretty tough to me. With a bumper on, the edges are raised so it's well protected with even a small/thin bumper case on it. If the design changes too much, I'm not going any higher than a 4S.lol. That's just me tho. To each his own.

      The current design is "almost" perfect. I say "almost" only because I wish the screen was maybe a 1/4" bigger. Even a half inch wouldn't be so bad........Any more then that is way too big IMO.

      The edge to edge screen does not look too bad I guess......If only the curved edges and bezel back wasn't there (Which I think looks good actually, just scratches way too easily and just not practical IMO), and it was more square like.
      actually, me being a consumer also, I would love for apple to keep the design of the phone the same, make it a little bigger probably, 4. 4.3??? And maybe an actual keyboard adapter? I have seen one diddnt know if it is real surprise us an give us something cool like a tilting screen but do not,! Change the design. The phone is cool but modifications we are aware of, no matter what I'm brainwashed, I will probably be first in line to buy the 5 anyway. Foc.

      Act