• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • BestBuy.com Gets the iPad This Weekend



    If you've visited Best Buy online during the past 24 hours, you may have discovered an unexpected addition to the products now available through the retailer's digital storefront - Apple's iPad. Although the tablet has been available in Best Buy stores across the nation since September 26th (and at many select Best Buy outlets for months prior), this weekend marks the debut of the iPad on BestBuy.com.

    Best Buy was one of the first retailers - besides Apple's retail outlets, of course - to carry the iPad when it was released earlier this year. At present, the iPad is also available at AT&T stores, Verizon stores, Wal-Mart, Target, Amazon, select Apple Authorized Resellers and even many campus bookstores. For Apple, this is a remarkable spread of retail outlets carrying their product.

    Before this weekend's unanticipated online roll out, one could only use BestBuy.com to reserve or purchase an iPad for in-store pickup. Now, all six models are available for purchase - at comparable prices - from BestBuy.com with free shipping. Estimated delivery time is 6-10 business days with "guaranteed delivery before Christmas" for the WiFi-only models.

    Best Buy
    This article was originally published in forum thread: BestBuy.com Gets the iPad This Weekend started by Michael Essany View original post
    Comments 44 Comments
    1. whereswaldo's Avatar
      whereswaldo -
      Why is it only there now? It's been on bestbuy.ca for a while now
    1. moon#pie's Avatar
      moon#pie -
      I don't get why people are still buying iPads. New ones are coming soon, hence the yearly cycle.
    1. WaLLy3K's Avatar
      WaLLy3K -
      Quote Originally Posted by moon#pie View Post
      I don't get why people are still buying iPads. New ones are coming soon, hence the yearly cycle.
      Some people don't care about "latest and greatest", or they just don't know any better.
    1. whereswaldo's Avatar
      whereswaldo -
      Quote Originally Posted by moon#pie View Post
      I don't get why people are still buying iPads. New ones are coming soon, hence the yearly cycle.
      But many people don't know this
    1. dq13's Avatar
      dq13 -
      Quote Originally Posted by moon#pie View Post
      I don't get why people are still buying iPads. New ones are coming soon, hence the yearly cycle.
      I just ordered one a couple of days ago, knowing the new model is coming soon, but my wife wants it for x-mas and she does not care about a newer model. besides why pay 700 bucks for the new model when I got a refurbished from Apple with the full warranty for 430, and the only difference is the serial number :P the refurbished comes in the box, new case, glass and battery, so to her eye, its the same as getting a new one
    1. jcal08's Avatar
      jcal08 -
      I was at best buy last night, and it seemed like everyone in line had at least one iPad... crazy... So I opened up a Best buy card for iPad 2... no interest for 18 months sounds good to me....
    1. THE MoBsTeR XII's Avatar
      THE MoBsTeR XII -
      Dq13 u are a cunning little man ! I like it
    1. vantheman169's Avatar
      vantheman169 -
      Quote Originally Posted by dq13 View Post
      I just ordered one a couple of days ago, knowing the new model is coming soon, but my wife wants it for x-mas and she does not care about a newer model. besides why pay 700 bucks for the new model when I got a refurbished from Apple with the full warranty for 430, and the only difference is the serial number :P the refurbished comes in the box, new case, glass and battery, so to her eye, its the same as getting a new one
      refurb is the way to go really. Get the same 1 year warranty as you do brand new. My wifes 13" MacBook Pro is refurb and we got it for a 1000 bucks shipped directly from Apple. Cant beat it.
    1. AUZambo's Avatar
      AUZambo -
      Ha ha...funny this is the top story right now. I just browsed a Best Buy store a couple of hours ago and was messing with the iPad while killing time. I flipped over to the 2nd or 3rd page of icons on the springboard and lo & behold, there was Cydia as well as some jailbroken apps!

      Surprisingly, the iPad was still running 3.2.
    1. sharpjunkie76's Avatar
      sharpjunkie76 -
      Quote Originally Posted by moon#pie View Post
      I don't get why people are still buying iPads. New ones are coming soon, hence the yearly cycle.
      I don't get why people always ask this question or why people wait for tech? This isn't 1989 where a new walkman comes out every 5 years. New tech comes out now every 6 months to a year. Why wait? Let me give you a little hint. iPad and ipad2 do the EXACT same thing, play games, email, Internet and other apps. Why wait three months to buy an iPad when you can buy one now? If you say because it has a camera I will punch you.
    1. BennyPR's Avatar
      BennyPR -
      Quote Originally Posted by Michael Essany View Post



      If you've visited Best Buy online during the past 24 hours, you may have discovered an unexpected addition to the products now available through the retailer's digital storefront - Apple's iPad. Although the tablet has been available in Best Buy stores across the nation since September 26th (and at many select Best Buy outlets for months prior), this weekend marks the debut of the iPad on BestBuy.com.

      Best Buy was one of the first retailers - besides Apple's retail outlets, of course - to carry the iPad when it was released earlier this year. At present, the iPad is also available at AT&T stores, Verizon stores, Wal-Mart, Target, Amazon, select Apple Authorized Resellers and even many campus bookstores. For Apple, this is a remarkable spread of retail outlets carrying their product.

      Before this weekend's unanticipated online roll out, one could only use BestBuy.com to reserve or purchase an iPad for in-store pickup. Now, all six models are available for purchase - at comparable prices - from BestBuy.com with free shipping. Estimated delivery time is 6-10 business days with "guaranteed delivery before Christmas" for the WiFi-only models.

      Best Buy
      I don't know wich World you live , but I see the iPads in Best Buy at Germantown, MD since the beginning.
    1. PlatoTheForms's Avatar
      PlatoTheForms -
      lol weird, ipad has been out for a while at best buy. A man even filed a complaint against bestbuy in Florida for opening the box and realizing it was a fake ipad about two weeks ago.
    1. romeo_herman's Avatar
      romeo_herman -
      Hopefully this the real iPad....
    1. kuhndsn's Avatar
      kuhndsn -
      got mine a few months ago... Not sure how this is now something new that is news worthy...
    1. feidhlim1986's Avatar
      feidhlim1986 -
      Quote Originally Posted by BennyPR View Post
      I don't know wich World you live , but I see the iPads in Best Buy at Germantown, MD since the beginning.
      If you, or anyone else who says how is this news, actually read the post you'd see that it's talking about ipads now available to buy online at bestbuy.com.

      Learn to read before you reply to a post morons
    1. Rob2G's Avatar
      Rob2G -
      Quote Originally Posted by kuhndsn View Post
      got mine a few months ago... Not sure how this is now something new that is news worthy...
      Anything in the Apple world is News worthy on this Site, And thats great because not every body follows 30 different apple/idevice news sources to stay current on whats going on.
    1. dq13's Avatar
      dq13 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Rob2G View Post
      Anything in the Apple world is News worthy on this Site, And thats great because not every body follows 30 different apple/idevice news sources to stay currant on whats going on.
      Well said... a lot of people complain saying "I saw this two days ago on another 9 other sites" well.... some of us have a life and a job and we are not subscribed, nor have the time, to read 50 different websites to be a little up to date. I rather read ModMyi everyday and be 2 days "behind" on the news, but I have a million more important things than googling around all day to see if bestbuy.com offers ipad today or not.

      not complaining, just my opinion (before everyone attacks saying they have a job too but they still have time to read 90 sites) LOL
    1. steve-z17's Avatar
      steve-z17 -
      Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
      If you, or anyone else who says how is this news, actually read the post you'd see that it's talking about ipads now available to buy online at bestbuy.com.

      Learn to read before you reply to a post morons
      No need to call anyone a moron...geez.

      iPads are everywhere now, probably one of the top gifts this year, refurb or new.
    1. thetoothfairy's Avatar
      thetoothfairy -
      Quote Originally Posted by dq13 View Post
      I just ordered one a couple of days ago, knowing the new model is coming soon, but my wife wants it for x-mas and she does not care about a newer model. besides why pay 700 bucks for the new model when I got a refurbished from Apple with the full warranty for 430, and the only difference is the serial number :P the refurbished comes in the box, new case, glass and battery, so to her eye, its the same as getting a new one
      Could have sold you my 16 GB for 400 with a new Apple case.. not even 24 hours used on it...
    1. Zokunei's Avatar
      Zokunei -
      I wonder why they couldn't sell this online before.