• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • iBooks Update Coming Soon


    iBooks will be getting an update in the near future, if the rumors are true. Fortunately, it will not require a full software update. Apple may choose, however, to hold it back until the next iOS upgrade coming next month. New features will allow users to organize their iBooks and PDF files from within the app itself.

    The new Collections tab will allow users to create lists of books and PDFs that can then be rearranged in much the same way as folders. PDFs can now be included in e-mails and be printed using AirPrint as well. As would be expected, ePub books are not allowed to be e-mailing or printed. I expect, however, that some jailbreak developer will soon overcome this limitation before too long.

    This update is more of a refinement of the existing iBooks app, but it is a welcomed one. The ability to organize, e-mail and print directly from within the iBook app itself is sure to be a real time saver. When this update is finally released, all iOS devices (except Apple TV of course) will be able to access these convenient new features. Hopefully, AirPrint will be compatible with more than just a handful of printers in the not too distant future.



    Source: 9to5 Mac
    This article was originally published in forum thread: iBooks Update Coming Soon started by Wiley John Wright View original post
    Comments 11 Comments
    1. iSteed's Avatar
      iSteed -
      The thing I don't like about iBooks is I can't let a friend borrow a book. If bought the book and if I want to let a friend read it it I should be able too. It's my book and I paid for it
    1. vruls's Avatar
      vruls -
      Quote Originally Posted by iSteed View Post
      The thing I don't like about iBooks is I can't let a friend borrow a book. If bought the book and if I want to let a friend read it it I should be able too. It's my book and I paid for it
      You can copy the ePub file with iFunbox, its really easy to do that, and then give him the copy file
    1. whereswaldo's Avatar
      whereswaldo -
      Why would you need a software update to update iBooks? It's an app in the app store, not built into the software. It's like saying we need a software update for a Remote update
    1. ClerkDante's Avatar
      ClerkDante -
      Quote Originally Posted by iSteed View Post
      The thing I don't like about iBooks is I can't let a friend borrow a book. If bought the book and if I want to let a friend read it it I should be able too. It's my book and I paid for it
      You can't "legally" do it with apps, music or movies, why in the world would expect to be able to with an ebook?
    1. Tweeker255's Avatar
      Tweeker255 -
      Quote Originally Posted by ClerkDante View Post
      You can't "legally" do it with apps, music or movies, why in the world would expect to be able to with an ebook?
      The Nook lets you "lend" it to a friend for a month. It would be nice if apple added this feature. If not this idea then something similar. A library option where you can rent a book at a lower cost would be good too. Some books are pretty pricey in the iBooks store.
    1. iSteed's Avatar
      iSteed -
      Quote Originally Posted by ClerkDante View Post
      You can't "legally" do it with apps, music or movies, why in the world would expect to be able to with an ebook?
      Okay then explain why I can authorize up to 5 computers and I don't even know how many devices.... "legally"????
    1. athleticswimmer's Avatar
      athleticswimmer -
      Quote Originally Posted by vruls View Post
      You can copy the ePub file with iFunbox, its really easy to do that, and then give him the copy file
      nice never knew that, learn something new everyday.
    1. EskimoRuler's Avatar
      EskimoRuler -
      sounds good
    1. ClerkDante's Avatar
      ClerkDante -
      Quote Originally Posted by iSteed View Post
      Okay then explain why I can authorize up to 5 computers and I don't even know how many devices.... "legally"????
      C'mon, I'm going to assume you're not a moron, and likely already know the reason.

      Additionally, it would seem you've already discovered the solution to your infuriating quandry.

      Authorize your friends computer.
    1. Silenus's Avatar
      Silenus -
      Quote Originally Posted by whereswaldo View Post
      Why would you need a software update to update iBooks? It's an app in the app store, not built into the software. It's like saying we need a software update for a Remote update
      Fully agree.

      And let's take it a bit further, why do we need a full 280+mb software update just to change carrier signal graphics.

      I wonder when will we see Over The Air updates, not this slow and ancient process that we have to do.
    1. macfan406's Avatar
      macfan406 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Silenus View Post
      Fully agree.

      And let's take it a bit further, why do we need a full 280+mb software update just to change carrier signal graphics.

      I wonder when will we see Over The Air updates, not this slow and ancient process that we have to do.
      agreed.. the same could be achieved with a carrier update.. just saying.