• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Apple's Next Generation iPhone On Tap for Fall 2012


    It appears that Apple is poised and willing to continue the new tradition begun last October. The Cupertino, California-based tech giant is reportedly going to maintain fall as the season in which new iPhones are introduced for the time being.

    If the sources speaking in confidence with Japanese blog Macotakara are correct, the 6th-generation iPhone will reach consumers in October, one year after the iPhone 4S debuted to significant fanfare. Apple is said to have been very happy with the outcome of its fall iPhone 4S release and that the momentum of the new product contributed heavily to the company's record-breaking holiday sales quarter.

    The source in question said Apple has decided to maintain "for years" this new fall-time release schedule for new iPhones. This report, naturally, flies in the face of recent reports indicating that Apple CEO Tim Cook wants to introduce the next iPhone at this summer's WWDC. But perhaps a fall launch makes more sense. Spring will likely be dominated by the iPad 3, while summer will be consumed by OS X Mountain Lion and, presumably, further iOS advancements.

    This fall will be ripe for something new. And the 6th-gen iPhone will be right there to fill that enthusiasm gap. In short, it looks as though the annual fall tradition of introducing refreshed iPods has officially been replaced by the new tradition of rolling out refreshed iPhones. The transition, of course, isn't surprisingly in light of the fact that the iPhone is now a much bigger source of revenue for Apple today than the iPod is.

    Source: Macotakara
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Apple's Next Generation iPhone On Tap for Fall 2012 started by Michael Essany View original post
    Comments 48 Comments
    1. Senyaichiya's Avatar
      Senyaichiya -
      NOOOOOOOOOOO!

      Like a lemming if it looks cool/different enough I'm getting it!

      I did skip the iPhone 4, but this is the 5!
    1. converym's Avatar
      converym -
      Makes economical sense for Apple. They can get some more people to buy the iPhone for Holiday Gifts if the phone just came out. In the article it says that the 4S broke holiday records. Why mess with a good thing?
    1. i.Annie's Avatar
      i.Annie -
      Great for me to have it in the fall. It's closer to my discounted upgrade so I don't have to sit around for months watching people have a new iPhone while I am waiting, ha.
    1. Gerneio's Avatar
      Gerneio -
      Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
      Great for me to have it in the fall. It's closer to my discounted upgrade so I don't have to sit around for months watching people have a new iPhone while I am waiting, ha.
      True but you don't need to have the upgrade if you know how to search for a good price ;p
    1. i.Annie's Avatar
      i.Annie -
      My iPhones are always brand new, and me being the first owner. So buying it from Verizon or Apple is likely what happens.
    1. lkailburn's Avatar
      lkailburn -
      Damnit! I was hoping for a return to the summer release. I'm already sick of the problems with this 4S.

      -Luke
    1. *T*'s Avatar
      *T* -
      I think this is BS. The iPhone is gonna come out in the summer, no one likes the 4S anyway
    1. Brandon.amos's Avatar
      Brandon.amos -
      That's not true, I love the 4S. Granted, I upgraded from the 3G straight to the 4S, but it's still an amazing piece of technology.
    1. Puka1701's Avatar
      Puka1701 -
      Thank you for not calling it 'iPhone 5'!
    1. KraXik's Avatar
      KraXik -
      Yay this is when my contract is up!
    1. mlee19841's Avatar
      mlee19841 -
      Hopefully has lte and not the same design as the 4 and 4s. Nothing wrong at all with them. I love design has a classy look. But just looking forward to something new. Bigger battery to

      Quote Originally Posted by KraXik View Post
      Yay this is when my contract is up!
      Mines up in about 2 weeks lol. Just biting my tongue so I won't upgrade to the 4s.
    1. Jacobh4's Avatar
      Jacobh4 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Puka1701 View Post
      Thank you for not calling it 'iPhone 5'!
      I agree because the iPhone 4S was the 5th iPhone, so the next will be the iPhone 6 (hopefully).
    1. dfheje's Avatar
      dfheje -
      Wow.. I was expecting a few more months for an upgrade. I have an old iPhone 3G. I cant wait 6 months for a new phone..
    1. iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
      iLoveWindows&iPhone -
      The new iPhone will be called the iPhone Extreme Dream Bionic Sonic Boom......Duh.
    1. shawn o's Avatar
      shawn o -
      If the iphone 4s isn't considered the 5th generation, they what was the 3rd generation? Based on your own logic it couldn't have been the 3GS.....

      1. iphone
      2. iphone 3G
      3. iphone 3GS
      4. iphone 4
      5. iphone 4S

      6th gen: Fall 2012.
    1. Jahooba's Avatar
      Jahooba -
      Well, I've waited 5 years already - what's another 6 months?
    1. buttamix's Avatar
      buttamix -
      Quote Originally Posted by KraXik View Post
      Yay this is when my contract is up!
      Me too!
    1. iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
      iLoveWindows&iPhone -
      Quote Originally Posted by shawn o View Post
      If the iphone 4s isn't considered the 5th generation, they what was the 3rd generation? Based on your own logic it couldn't have been the 3GS.....

      1. iphone
      2. iphone 3G
      3. iphone 3GS
      4. iphone 4
      5. iphone 4S

      6th gen: Fall 2012.
      Eliminate the first iPhone, since they didn't use numbers, they started at number 3 with the iPhone 3G. After that, any iPhone with a "S" attached to it only counts as a half a generation. Use that logic and the next iPhone will be the iPhone 5!!
    1. tabit's Avatar
      tabit -
      the iphone 4SS is next
    1. feidhlim1986's Avatar
      feidhlim1986 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Puka1701 View Post
      Thank you for not calling it 'iPhone 5'!
      Quote Originally Posted by Jacobh4 View Post
      I agree because the iPhone 4S was the 5th iPhone, so the next will be the iPhone 6 (hopefully).
      Quote Originally Posted by shawn o View Post
      If the iphone 4s isn't considered the 5th generation, they what was the 3rd generation? Based on your own logic it couldn't have been the 3GS.....

      1. iphone
      2. iphone 3G
      3. iphone 3GS
      4. iphone 4
      5. iphone 4S

      6th gen: Fall 2012.
      Quote Originally Posted by iLoveWindows&iPhone View Post
      Eliminate the first iPhone, since they didn't use numbers, they started at number 3 with the iPhone 3G. After that, any iPhone with a "S" attached to it only counts as a half a generation. Use that logic and the next iPhone will be the iPhone 5!!
      Shut up.

      /beatingdeadhorse