• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • EXCLUSIVE: Target Source Confirms Early March iPad 3 Debut


    MMi received a credible tip tonight that Target is updating its system to reflect the iPad 3 market introduction in early March. The source in question is intimately acquainted with the retail giant's web presence and confirms that the third generation Apple tablet will roll out next month.

    Just 48 hours ago, AllThingsD reported that Apple will hold a media event in San Francisco at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts within the next four weeks, most likely before the first ten days of March have passed.

    "No word yet on a street date for the iPad 3 (assuming thatís what itís called)," said John Paczkowski at the time, "though my guess is retail availability will follow roughly the same schedule as that of the iPad 2: Available for purchase a week or so after the event."

    All told, when you line up our sources with those of other leading tech news outlets, you get the same story: the iPad 3 is coming soon and may be in your hands in less than one month's time.

    We will keep you posted as more information comes our way.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: EXCLUSIVE: Target Source Confirms Early March iPad 3 Debut started by Michael Essany View original post
    Comments 19 Comments
    1. Raybeast's Avatar
      Raybeast -
      Interesting, can't wait to see what Apple did to make it sell.
    1. gthugballin's Avatar
      gthugballin -
      my friend who is an apple retail manager said that his district manager told him there would be an announcement on march 7th
    1. k9estrada's Avatar
      k9estrada -
      cant wait for this!!!
    1. swifty7's Avatar
      swifty7 -
      I wonder if it's going to be jailbreakable.
    1. buttamix's Avatar
      buttamix -
      Quote Originally Posted by swifty7 View Post
      I wonder if it's going to be jailbreakable.
      Same here
    1. DuRoLuRo's Avatar
      DuRoLuRo -
      Quote Originally Posted by buttamix View Post
      Same here
      Of course it will be jailbreakable. Every iDevice ever made has been jailbroken. It's just a matter of time.

      Buy it on launchday, don't ever update the firmware, and just wait a few months, and alakazam, there's your jailbreak
    1. phoojlis's Avatar
      phoojlis -
      Quote Originally Posted by k9estrada View Post
      cant wait for this!!!
      i 2nd that...sold my ipad 2 just so i could get the ipad 3.
    1. fleurya's Avatar
      fleurya -
      Quote Originally Posted by DuRoLuRo View Post
      Of course it will be jailbreakable. Every iDevice ever made has been jailbroken. It's just a matter of time.

      Buy it on launchday, don't ever update the firmware, and just wait a few months, and alakazam, there's your jailbreak
      Didn't the iPad2 just get jailbroken about a month ago?
    1. therandy's Avatar
      therandy -
      Quote Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
      Didn't the iPad2 just get jailbroken about a month ago?
      Yeah for iOS 5

      It's been jailbroken on 4.3.3 since about a month after release!
    1. mmaboi21's Avatar
      mmaboi21 -
      Very excited about the new features!! I'm very curious about what apple came up with now!
    1. sziklassy's Avatar
      sziklassy -
      Quote Originally Posted by Raybeast View Post
      Interesting, can't wait to see what Apple did to make it sell.
      Do they actually have to do something to it to make it sell?
    1. syedsufyan's Avatar
      syedsufyan -
      I'm so happy this is not as crazy as the iPhone 5/4s rumors
    1. rudylo1's Avatar
      rudylo1 -
      If it has Siri I might consider otherwise I'll stay with iPad 2..I don't need retina display..I need Siri!!
    1. jonathan1683's Avatar
      jonathan1683 -
      Siri gets old can't even remember the last time I used it
    1. evolution83's Avatar
      evolution83 -
      I hope this has Siri, considering it will be my first iPad ever.
    1. vantheman169's Avatar
      vantheman169 -
      Quote Originally Posted by rudylo1 View Post
      If it has Siri I might consider otherwise I'll stay with iPad 2..I don't need retina display..I need Siri!!
      Oh.....i need RETINA display. Siri is nice but you use your screen a %100 percent of the time. I highly doubt you use Siri anywhere close to that. Nonetheless Siri is great on my 4S dont get me wrong I am not knocking it but i think most people care about the Screen Resolution more than anything. If it has a higher resolution screen I am gonna get it, if not its gonna be a tough sell for me...my 1st Gen iPad is quite sluggish now after having my 4S tho....its time to upgrade my iPad i think.
    1. peacedog's Avatar
      peacedog -
      iPad 3 estimated release date coincides with the rumored iOS 5.1 release date (March 9). An a-ha moment.
    1. PoEtikly's Avatar
      PoEtikly -
      Quote Originally Posted by DuRoLuRo View Post
      Of course it will be jailbreakable. Every iDevice ever made has been jailbroken. It's just a matter of time.

      Buy it on launchday, don't ever update the firmware, and just wait a few months, and alakazam, there's your jailbreak
      You can't say it'll be jailbreakable. We don't know that. Finding exploits is getting very difficult and Apple is doing a pretty good job at closing and preventing the ability to jailbreak. I hope it's jailbreakable. I read about a rumor that the iPad 3 will contain an A6 processor and if that's the case I hope the next gen iPhone holds the same processor. So I definitely hope they quickly find a jb for the iPad 3 (or whatever it's going to be called) so maybe they'll have an idea on how to jb the next gen iPhone upon release. Who knows, maybe the A6 will be easier to jb. All I know is from this point forward I'm not purchasing anymore I devices until a jb is released.

      PS. Not to mention how fragile the A5 jailbreaks are. Once a new firmware is updated you better hope you don't have to restore because unless I missed something there's no way to downgrade on those devices yet.
    1. mmaboi21's Avatar
      mmaboi21 -
      Quote Originally Posted by PoEtikly View Post
      You can't say it'll be jailbreakable. We don't know that. Finding exploits is getting very difficult and Apple is doing a pretty good job at closing and preventing the ability to jailbreak. I hope it's jailbreakable. I read about a rumor that the iPad 3 will contain an A6 processor and if that's the case I hope the next gen iPhone holds the same processor. So I definitely hope they quickly find a jb for the iPad 3 (or whatever it's going to be called) so maybe they'll have an idea on how to jb the next gen iPhone upon release. Who knows, maybe the A6 will be easier to jb. All I know is from this point forward I'm not purchasing anymore I devices until a jb is released.

      PS. Not to mention how fragile the A5 jailbreaks are. Once a new firmware is updated you better hope you don't have to restore because unless I missed something there's no way to downgrade on those devices yet.
      It will be jaibreakable. Strong belief because every single idevice made has been jb'd.