• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • NYT Report Claims iPad 3 Screen is Truly Amazing



    The New York Times published their own report on Apple's rumored iPad 3 announcement next month with a simple claim from “an Apple employee.”

    The iPad 3 screen is “truly amazing.”

    While the iPad being tested inside Cupertino is “essentially the same size and shape as the iPad 2,” the improved screen and faster processor will apparently be the selling points. The New York Times did not identify their source because “Apple is not fond of leaks.” Understatement of the year.

    The improved-innards strategy appears to be the Apple game plan for iDevices this year. The Times was unable to confirm if Apple is actually going to call the new iPad the iPad 3, or release and iPad 2S to the same storm of criticism the iPhone 4S experienced during its launch. Leaks of the iPad 3 rear housing yesterday seem to support the Apple employees claims.

    Whatever Apple decides to call the device chances are the next iPad will sell gazillions of copies adding to the iPad's current worldwide total of 55 million units.

    Source: NYT
    This article was originally published in forum thread: NYT Report Claims iPad 3 Screen is Truly Amazing started by Phillip Swanson View original post
    Comments 33 Comments
    1. sziklassy's Avatar
      sziklassy -
      I will likely spring for this improved resolution screen. It's really what has kept me from getting a tablet. It doesn't seem to make much sense to buy something made specifically for media consumption WITHOUT an HD resolution. That said, I still find these machines to be overpriced, but hey, I have spent enough on games/apps so I can enjoy those on a bigger screen too. I had to give in at some point. :/
    1. hollafront1314's Avatar
      hollafront1314 -
      no flash no thank you
      Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
      I will likely spring for this improved resolution screen. It's really what has kept me from getting a tablet. It doesn't seem to make much sense to buy something made specifically for media consumption WITHOUT an HD resolution. That said, I still find these machines to be overpriced, but hey, I have spent enough on games/apps so I can enjoy those on a bigger screen too. I had to give in at some point. :/
    1. Norb's Avatar
      Norb -
      I just love how much assumptions we are already making about the iPad 3...


      Thanks but I'll wait for Apple to release it before making judgements because I heard from a friend of a friend it's going to have a 10ghz quad dual core processors and going to be powered by a micro nuclear reactor and his friends friend said its going to be a holographic display (not 3d) but holographic so it will just project in mid air as you lay it on your coffee table.
    1. rfarmer5280's Avatar
      rfarmer5280 -
      Quote Originally Posted by hollafront1314 View Post
      no flash no thank you
      You're kidding me right? Even Adobe admitted that everything is starting to move towards HTML5 and they have officially said they are killing off support for mobile flash! Nice trolling though
    1. Darkflame's Avatar
      Darkflame -
      Quote Originally Posted by rfarmer5280 View Post
      You're kidding me right? Even Adobe admitted that everything is starting to move towards HTML5 and they have officially said they are killing off support for mobile flash! Nice trolling though
      More like, "Here's the iPad 3, it's amazing, it's revlutionary!, it's everything you ever wanted in a tablet! In fact, it's SO amazing and SO revolutionary we had to limit what you could do with it because if we hand't well, you'd just turn to your brain into mush! So let's hold hands and walk this path together. One feature at at time, one iPad revision at a time........Wasn't that great? You mean you want to do more with it? Well I apologize but this is the end of our journey. Be sure to purchase the iPad 4 on your way out to see what lies in store for you tomorrow!
    1. unison999's Avatar
      unison999 -
      For those who already own an iPad...
      First question you should ask yourself is how long has the iPhone4 been out?
      How many apps that supports retina display?
      Do you really want to rush out to buy a retina display iPad when it is not fully supported until maybe 2013?

      Until there is some addition to this iPad3 that is totally revolutionary and totally different from iPad2, I see absolutely no need to buy this. I seem to recall a reporter saw the iPad3 at the CES said he was not impressed, so I would assume nothing new except faster and improved display.
    1. hitman10's Avatar
      hitman10 -
      Are there any other words we can use.. i feel as if "amazing", "awesome","perfect", and even "simple" are over used way to much now. I don't know but i'm just saying.
    1. CMartins's Avatar
      CMartins -
      Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
      For those who already own an iPad...
      First question you should ask yourself is how long has the iPhone4 been out?
      How many apps that supports retina display?
      Do you really want to rush out to buy a retina display iPad when it is not fully supported until maybe 2013?

      Until there is some addition to this iPad3 that is totally revolutionary and totally different from iPad2, I see absolutely no need to buy this. I seem to recall a reporter saw the iPad3 at the CES said he was not impressed, so I would assume nothing new except faster and improved display.
      Your assumption it's going to take almost an year for the iPad apps to be updated to support the retina display is too far off as far as I can tell. I can think of a couple of reasons why. First and foremost, developers now know how much of a success an iPad with a retina display is going to be. They didn't know back then when the iPhone 4 showed up. So they know it's going to be big, they know people will want the apps to use the retina display as soon as possible...this awareness in my opinion did not exist before the iPhone 4 came out. You know what I mean? Developers are ready to update as fast as possible. Or at least thats how I see it.

      Also it's rather easy to make an application retina display compatible - it shouldn't cause developers to delay the update that much.
    1. ohthatguyagain's Avatar
      ohthatguyagain -
      Quote Originally Posted by hollafront1314 View Post
      no flash no thank you
      This must be the first news article you've read since you came out of that cave... What's it been, two years??
    1. jose060789's Avatar
      jose060789 -
      Quote Originally Posted by hollafront1314 View Post
      no flash no thank you
      Flash died a long time ago, where the hell were you?
    1. swifty7's Avatar
      swifty7 -
      why apple isn't going the samoled route like samsung.....what gives?

      I'm sick and tired of this standard lcd garbage!!!!!
    1. Maxime Caudebec's Avatar
      Maxime Caudebec -
      Quote Originally Posted by jose060789 View Post
      Flash died a long time ago, where the hell were you?
      +1 it's HTML5 now
    1. firetwuck's Avatar
      firetwuck -
      Quote Originally Posted by hollafront1314 View Post
      no flash no thank you
      Meh. Flash is a pig on my PC, I wouldn't want it on my tablet. I've missed it a little, but not enough to skip an entire genre.
    1. Melech518's Avatar
      Melech518 -
      ..
    1. unison999's Avatar
      unison999 -
      Quote Originally Posted by CMartins View Post
      Your assumption it's going to take almost an year for the iPad apps to be updated to support the retina display is too far off as far as I can tell. I can think of a couple of reasons why. First and foremost, developers now know how much of a success an iPad with a retina display is going to be. They didn't know back then when the iPhone 4 showed up. So they know it's going to be big, they know people will want the apps to use the retina display as soon as possible...this awareness in my opinion did not exist before the iPhone 4 came out. You know what I mean? Developers are ready to update as fast as possible. Or at least thats how I see it.

      Also it's rather easy to make an application retina display compatible - it shouldn't cause developers to delay the update that much.
      If what you say is true, there would not be a need to have an article a few blocks down.
      http://modmyi.com/content/6853-apple...-them-all.html
      Why would Apple need to do this now if everyone is making retina display apps on iPhone 4?

      Considering all the iPad 1 and iPad 2 out there, why would they make retina display iPad 3 when it is easier to make regular display and make more money from them?
      Absolutely no need to get iPad 3 for at least a year, even after 1 year I don't believe that many retina display iPad3 specific games out there.
    1. Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
      Anthony Bouchard -
      Quote Originally Posted by hollafront1314 View Post
      no flash no thank you
      Lol. I hope you don't plan on buying a new Android tablet any time soon. You won't find Flash on those either. Flash is an old excuse.
    1. KraXik's Avatar
      KraXik -
      Quote Originally Posted by hollafront1314 View Post
      no flash no thank you
      Yeh an no floppy disk drive no thank you. And if the memory is more than 16mb no thank you. 'put old outdated tech here' no thank you.
    1. RyoSaeba's Avatar
      RyoSaeba -
      Put it this way, I won't be getting an iPad 3 if it does not have a better display. It does everything I want now except for crappy graphics when reading web pages. I'm spoiled by the iP4's display. It's Apple's own fault for making such a beautiful display on the iP4 but not on anything else.

      Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
      Until there is some addition to this iPad3 that is totally revolutionary and totally different from iPad2, I see absolutely no need to buy this. I seem to recall a reporter saw the iPad3 at the CES said he was not impressed, so I would assume nothing new except faster and improved display.
      What do you want a tablet to do? Make you coffee? Wash and fold your clothes?

      And that nonsense about no software support is just ignorance. The reason why iPhone 4 have "double resolution" ( yes, I know it's actually 4 times the pixels), is so it is backwards compatible with old applications.

      And when there are great demand for retina iPad apps (which there will), developers will simply "edit" their apps to support it so they can make money! They're stupid not to.
    1. the osteopath's Avatar
      the osteopath -
      Quote Originally Posted by hollafront1314 View Post
      no flash no thank you
      Dude- flash is so dead! If this is your purchasing criteria, perhaps I could interest you in this Pentium notebook I have in my desk drawer.

      Seriously- every day sites are reconfiguring their websites to do away with flash- it's a power/cycle/bandwidth pig. There are so many other valid things to consider- flash shouldn't even be part of the process.

      Just my 2 cents.

      -O
    1. mclark2112's Avatar
      mclark2112 -
      Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
      For those who already own an iPad...
      First question you should ask yourself is how long has the iPhone4 been out?
      How many apps that supports retina display?
      Do you really want to rush out to buy a retina display iPad when it is not fully supported until maybe 2013?

      Until there is some addition to this iPad3 that is totally revolutionary and totally different from iPad2, I see absolutely no need to buy this. I seem to recall a reporter saw the iPad3 at the CES said he was not impressed, so I would assume nothing new except faster and improved display.
      The text improvement is worth it in itself, it was on the iPhone 4 as well. Most apps let the OS render the text, so the retina display will be felt almost everywhere, almost immediately. I want this just for reading, the text really sucks on the iPad.