Many of you have been asking for it since the A5 untethered jailbreak release.
iOS developer Filippo Bigarella has been hard at work on Springtomize 2; the iOS 5-compatible version of Springtomize (our review here) that lets you customize just about any appearance or performance of your SpringBoard. The settings are almost endless, and for just $2.99, you are getting an extremely action-packed application that is worth every cent that you pay. Additionally, more features are always being added including the recent large update that brought us 16 new languages. At least, this was the case for people with A4 devices and older.
Just today, Filippo has released Springtomize 2 version 1.2-1 which includes support for the iPhone 4S and the iPad 2. That means that all of the new jailbreakers with A5 devices who have been waiting patiently for the ability to customize their SpringBoard top to bottom should go into Cydia and consider downloading Springtomize 2. Please note that the original Springtomize is not compatible with iOS 5, therefore it will not work unless you are on iOS 4.
Aside from just supporting A5 devices, Springtomize 2 has also been given numerous bug fixes that will kill some of those pesky annoyances that people have been reporting. The bug fixes which have been included in Springtomize 2 version 1.2-1 include all of the following:
- Random icon flipping while cover-flow effect was enabled is fixed
- Icon image effects not applying to web-clips has been fixed
- Dock icons disappearing after hiding dock under certain circumstances is fixed
- Folder labels not hiding in the dock when, "Hide Labels" for dock was enabled is fixed
- The user is now informed when the daemon is not running when toggling substrate add-ons
- Notifications on the lock screen misplaced when the top bar was disabled is now fixed
- Automatic backups not working on some devices has been fixed
- Folder shadows not hiding properly is also fixed
Aside from a thick list of bug fixes, Filippo has also added some new features to Springtomize 2 which is always a great thing to hear about an application where the gift just keeps on giving. The new features that you will find in Springtomize 2 version 1.2-1 include all of the following:
- New options for the cover-flow dock effect, including three different modes and the ability to adjust different aspects
- Landscape and portrait orientations now available for icons on the iPad
- Transparent notification center setting
- Hide dock shadow setting
- Hide AM and PM from the status bar
The full Springtomize 2 change log by Filippo Bigarella can be viewed from this link. Springtomize 2 is by far one of my favorite jailbreak tweaks because of the long list of settings that it offers for you. If you think that support for the iPhone 4S and iPad 2 will convince you to buy a copy for yourself, then share in the comments below!
Sources: Filippo Bigarella