• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Samsung Continues Anti-Apple Campaign by Flaunting Turn-by-Turn Navigation App


    Samsung’s anti-Apple rant continues with a new television commercial titled “Samsunged.” Similar to its previous commercials, the new ad portrays Samsung users who continue to laugh at those who would wait in line for a new iPhone. The focus of this commercial is the Galaxy S II’s turn-by-turn navigation capabilities which the iPhone does not have.

    You can watch the company's new advertisement below:



    In the commercial, when asked by a girl waiting in line how much the person paid for the navigation app, the Android user responds saying “it just comes with it.” Here is where the Apple fans angrily say “Ohhh, we just got Samsunged!” hence the title of the commercial. The turn by turn navigation isn’t the only thing made fun of in the new advertisement. Samsung continues to subtly poke fun at the iPhone 4S’ same design as the iPhone 4 as well as its widely reported battery issues (which still have yet to be addressed).

    Everyone should get used to seeing more advertisements like these as the Super Bowl approaches as it is expected that Samsung will push heavily to promote their Galaxy S II during this time. What should be noted here is the irony that Samsung users are also portrayed as hipsters in this advertisement. For those of you who aren’t aware, typically Apple fans are classified as hipsters so the fact that Samsung is trying to imitate this image adds a bit of hilarity to the situation.

    If you’ve missed the previous released commercials I’d recommend checking them out just for fun. You can do so by clicking the following links: (1) (2) (3) (4)

    Samsung still seems to firmly believe that the Galaxy S II is superior to the iPhone 4S and even went on the record to say it was “excited for the opportunity to educate as many consumers as possible about why the Samsung Galaxy S II is the preferred choice for smartphone owners.”

    Did you laugh at this commercial or does it feel like more of the same? Share your thoughts and opinions below!

    Source: SamsungMobileUSA
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Samsung Continues Anti-Apple Campaign by Flaunting Turn-by-Turn Navigation App started by Akshay Masand View original post
    Comments 93 Comments
    1. c14rlf's Avatar
      c14rlf -
      Samsung still feel that the galaxy S II is superior to the 4S because it is! I've got a 4S but really should have got a galaxy instead
    1. PaterB's Avatar
      PaterB -
      ya man. i got an iphone but i think s2 is better also. im dissapointed with apple.
    1. bigliquid530's Avatar
      bigliquid530 -
      They are both good phones but nothing beats the apple app store until android can up there game on there app store the iPhone will always be a better choice....
    1. MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
      MetallicaFan1991 -
      Hey Samsung, is your phone on the latest Android? Oh NOPE.
      Do you have cool apps or iTunes? NOPE
      Siri? NOPE
      AirPrint? NOPE
      iCloud? Nope
      I could go on....but we all know its a plastic knock off.
    1. westy888's Avatar
      westy888 -
      Ive had numerous iphones at the min ive got 4s. Ive had a htc desire and galaxy s. they are nothing compared 2 an iphone. + iphone is even better when jailbroken. Ther will never be a phone again that has achived so mutch and made sutch history. Iphone all the way ; )
    1. djfrantik's Avatar
      djfrantik -
      Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
      Hey Samsung, is your phone on the latest Android? Oh NOPE.
      Do you have cool apps or iTunes? NOPE
      Siri? NOPE
      AirPrint? NOPE
      iCloud? Nope
      I could go on....but we all know its a plastic knock off.
      Siri it does not have, But voice texting, calling ect its had since the S1
      Airprint - I think you will find most android phones are compatible with most wifi printers. Unlike the selected few that you can use with apple with no additional apps.

      Icloud...... Please read up on android.

      I could also add. Notification centre. Hmmmm wonder where apple got that idea.

      I am not an android fan boy for one minute. But I did trade in my I-phone in when the 4s got released. I still own an ipad and an I-mac. Just making a point here that really the only thing apple has really created from their own ideas is Siri on the 4s. Just my opinion.
    1. Senyaichiya's Avatar
      Senyaichiya -
      I think the commercials are funny trying to convince iPhone users to switch. Tiny features like that wouldn't make me want to get an Android phone. That OS actually is still confusing to me let alone there's a lot of malware on Android OS.

      Jailbroken iPhones are the way to go.

      Oh, on a side not because it's a pet peeve djfrantik it's not I-whatever the Apple product is, it's lowercase iwhatever the Apple product is.
    1. Evostance's Avatar
      Evostance -
      Quote Originally Posted by djfrantik View Post
      Siri it does not have, But voice texting, calling ect its had since the S1
      Airprint - I think you will find most android phones are compatible with most wifi printers. Unlike the selected few that you can use with apple with no additional apps.

      Icloud...... Please read up on android.

      I could also add. Notification centre. Hmmmm wonder where apple got that idea.

      I am not an android fan boy for one minute. But I did trade in my I-phone in when the 4s got released. I still own an ipad and an I-mac. Just making a point here that really the only thing apple has really created from their own ideas is Siri on the 4s. Just my opinion.
      Actually, the bought Siri and even Woz think Apple made it worse
    1. djrbx's Avatar
      djrbx -
      Quote Originally Posted by djfrantik View Post
      Siri it does not have, But voice texting, calling ect its had since the S1
      Airprint - I think you will find most android phones are compatible with most wifi printers. Unlike the selected few that you can use with apple with no additional apps.

      Icloud...... Please read up on android.

      I could also add. Notification centre. Hmmmm wonder where apple got that idea.

      I am not an android fan boy for one minute. But I did trade in my I-phone in when the 4s got released. I still own an ipad and an I-mac. Just making a point here that really the only thing apple has really created from their own ideas is Siri on the 4s. Just my opinion.
      You honestly have it spot on. I bought the Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket back in Dec. and the phone was great. Unfortunately the Android Market is still lacking. There are plenty of customization apps like GoLauncher, LauncherPro, and ADWLauncher; but once you get past the look of Android, there is really nothing left. All the good apps are poor ports from their iPhone counterpart and all the rest are cheap ripoffs. Don't get me wrong, there are a couple of apps that are good but not enough to rave about. Also, when you buy an app, you gamble on the fact that it may or may not work on your next device, unlike how Apple operates which all apps work with all devices. In the end, I traded my Skyrocket for the 4s. There are some things that I do miss though, the LTE speeds, screen size, native flash, and the ability to download files off the internet and browse through the filesystem without having to root/jailbreak. But overall IMO it's the extra apps that extend the life of a phone and in this point in time, Apple has the upper hand with the App Store.

      P.S. I think that the best option is to use the iPhone and get a Android tablet like the Transformer Prime instead of the iPad to take advantage of both worlds.
    1. Emalesean's Avatar
      Emalesean -
      Maybe apple will finally wake up and add that feature
    1. dadoria2's Avatar
      dadoria2 -
      Quote Originally Posted by djfrantik View Post
      Siri it does not have, But voice texting, calling ect its had since the S1
      Airprint - I think you will find most android phones are compatible with most wifi printers. Unlike the selected few that you can use with apple with no additional apps.

      Icloud...... Please read up on android.

      I could also add. Notification centre. Hmmmm wonder where apple got that idea.

      I am not an android fan boy for one minute. But I did trade in my I-phone in when the 4s got released. I still own an ipad and an I-mac. Just making a point here that really the only thing apple has really created from their own ideas is Siri on the 4s. Just my opinion.
      For the record, the notification center originated from the jailbreak scene back with the original iPhone. Android just mainstreamed it first. I'm no fanboy, but apple does it better and intelliscreenX does it best.
    1. djarkiz's Avatar
      djarkiz -
      Nokia had this idea in like 2006 ?? Whoa Samsung that commercial made u guys look soooo Desperate !!
    1. leopodie's Avatar
      leopodie -
      Quote Originally Posted by djrbx View Post
      You honestly have it spot on. I bought the Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket back in Dec. and the phone was great. Unfortunately the Android Market is still lacking. There are plenty of customization apps like GoLauncher, LauncherPro, and ADWLauncher; but once you get past the look of Android, there is really nothing left. All the good apps are poor ports from their iPhone counterpart and all the rest are cheap ripoffs. Don't get me wrong, there are a couple of apps that are good but not enough to rave about. Also, when you buy an app, you gamble on the fact that it may or may not work on your next device, unlike how Apple operates which all apps work with all devices. In the end, I traded my Skyrocket for the 4s. There are some things that I do miss though, the LTE speeds, screen size, native flash, and the ability to download files off the internet and browse through the filesystem without having to root/jailbreak. But overall IMO it's the extra apps that extend the life of a phone and in this point in time, Apple has the upper hand with the App Store.

      P.S. I think that the best option is to use the iPhone and get a Android tablet like the Transformer Prime instead of the iPad to take advantage of both worlds.
      Apps was the only reason for me to still get 4s over galaxy nexus/S2(first got galaxy nexus than traded it, might be because im to used to ios though) I would advise an android phone more than an android tablet
      because tablets have it even worse with apps.
    1. NakedFaerie's Avatar
      NakedFaerie -
      Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
      Hey Samsung, is your phone on the latest Android? Oh NOPE.
      Do you have cool apps or iTunes? NOPE
      Siri? NOPE
      AirPrint? NOPE
      iCloud? Nope
      I could go on....but we all know its a plastic knock off.
      Do you work in a Apple Store as you have no idea about the Samsung Galaxy II.
      Its a far superior phone compared to the 4S

      Its had all those features and more for ages. Just coz its not called Siri doens't mean it cant do the exact same thing or better.

      I saw the Samsung Galaxy II a year before the 4S came out doing voice stuff. My brother wrote a SMS and send it to me all via voice. and thats standard.
      It's got so many features as standard or free that Apple refuse to add or you have to pay for on the iPhone.

      Dont forget the android market is a few years younger than the app store. Give it more time and you will see the same ammount of GOOD apps in both. I think the Android Market will have MORE GOOD apps than the pathetic ones in the App store soon. Just coz the App Store has more apps doesn't mean they are any good.

      I've got 3 iPhones and an iPad but I really dont want another iPhone. I will be looking at the next Samsung or a Windows phone as my next replacement.

      1 example why Android is so much better and easier than iPhone.
      How do you jailbreak an android? Tick the box.
      How do you jailbreak an iPHone? Wait for someone to find an exploit then make a patch then put it together then release it then tether it to the PC then eventually wait for an untether then wait some more then eventually after months of waiting you finally get to jailbreak. By then you forgot why you wanted to jailbreak in the first place as it took so long.
      Android jailbreak = 1 second
      iPhone jailbreak = 4 months.
      Now tell me the iphone is better than Android WHY?
    1. fulcrom's Avatar
      fulcrom -
      Only one comment haven't needed to reboot my 4S since I got it in October or do a battery pull or yea apple you cant do a battery pull no need to the device just works......opps sorry that was two comments
    1. iPod's Avatar
      iPod -
      Quote Originally Posted by djfrantik View Post
      S
      Airprint - I think you will find most android phones are compatible with most wifi printers. Unlike the selected few that you can use with apple with no additional apps.
      I don't want to start an argument, but there are actually tons of printing apps in the app store that will let you use almost any wifi printer. Just letting you know.

      Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
      Do you work in a Apple Store as you have no idea about the Samsung Galaxy II.
      Its a far superior phone compared to the 4S

      Its had all those features and more for ages. Just coz its not called Siri doens't mean it cant do the exact same thing or better.

      I saw the Samsung Galaxy II a year before the 4S came out doing voice stuff. My brother wrote a SMS and send it to me all via voice. and thats standard.
      It's got so many features as standard or free that Apple refuse to add or you have to pay for on the iPhone.

      Dont forget the android market is a few years younger than the app store. Give it more time and you will see the same ammount of GOOD apps in both. I think the Android Market will have MORE GOOD apps than the pathetic ones in the App store soon. Just coz the App Store has more apps doesn't mean they are any good.

      I've got 3 iPhones and an iPad but I really dont want another iPhone. I will be looking at the next Samsung or a Windows phone as my next replacement.

      1 example why Android is so much better and easier than iPhone.
      How do you jailbreak an android? Tick the box.
      How do you jailbreak an iPHone? Wait for someone to find an exploit then make a patch then put it together then release it then tether it to the PC then eventually wait for an untether then wait some more then eventually after months of waiting you finally get to jailbreak. By then you forgot why you wanted to jailbreak in the first place as it took so long.
      Android jailbreak = 1 second
      iPhone jailbreak = 4 months.
      Now tell me the iphone is better than Android WHY?
      Ok so name all the great android tweaks and your android version of cydia. So yeah...what were you saying?
    1. David666's Avatar
      David666 -
      Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
      Do you work in a Apple Store as you have no idea about the Samsung Galaxy II.
      Its a far superior phone compared to the 4S

      Its had all those features and more for ages. Just coz its not called Siri doens't mean it cant do the exact same thing or better.

      I saw the Samsung Galaxy II a year before the 4S came out doing voice stuff. My brother wrote a SMS and send it to me all via voice. and thats standard.
      It's got so many features as standard or free that Apple refuse to add or you have to pay for on the iPhone.

      Dont forget the android market is a few years younger than the app store. Give it more time and you will see the same ammount of GOOD apps in both. I think the Android Market will have MORE GOOD apps than the pathetic ones in the App store soon. Just coz the App Store has more apps doesn't mean they are any good.

      I've got 3 iPhones and an iPad but I really dont want another iPhone. I will be looking at the next Samsung or a Windows phone as my next replacement.

      1 example why Android is so much better and easier than iPhone.
      How do you jailbreak an android? Tick the box.
      How do you jailbreak an iPHone? Wait for someone to find an exploit then make a patch then put it together then release it then tether it to the PC then eventually wait for an untether then wait some more then eventually after months of waiting you finally get to jailbreak. By then you forgot why you wanted to jailbreak in the first place as it took so long.
      Android jailbreak = 1 second
      iPhone jailbreak = 4 months.
      Now tell me the iphone is better than Android WHY?
      Samsung isn't better than an iPhone and will never gonna happen.
    1. Feanor64's Avatar
      Feanor64 -
      yeah but if u couldnt jailbreak a iphone or jailbreak a android which one would u rather have just stock hhhhmmm i think that if i couldnt jailbreak my iphone it would be the most boring thing ever.......dude its basically the same ui since forever cmon man i couldnt live with it
    1. djfrantik's Avatar
      djfrantik -
      [QUOTE=ipodtouchman77;6375714]I don't want to start an argument, but there are actually tons of printing apps in the app store that will let you use almost any wifi printer. Just letting you know.


      Please read my comment again as it clearly states without additional apps
    1. ironwarlock's Avatar
      ironwarlock -
      I type this from my iPad but as for phones I have to go with my galaxy s 2. When the galaxy note gets to AT&T I'm there. iPhone too damn small can't do business on it. Is it so hard to make a iPhone pro with a 4.5 screen so a man can get some business done