The popular fighting game is now available on iOS!
SOULCALIBUR is a popular console game that encompasses head to head fighting with weapons. The game play is mesmerizing if you're one of those chronic fighting game addicts. It is like many types of fighting games where one player is on the left and one is on the right and you attempt to drain their life bar by attacking your opponent. The first to lose all of their health is deemed the loser and the player still standing wins.
The iOS version of the game comes with several different playing modes such as:
- Arcade Battle - This is the original battle mode from the arcade version of, "Soul Calibur." To win, you have to beat all of the enemies.
- Time Attack - In this mode, you try to beat the game as fast as you can.
- Survival - In this mode, you start off with a fraction of your health and try to survive against enemies as long as possible.
- Extra Survival - In this mode, you try to see how many enemies you can beat with one-hit kills.
- Museum - In this mode, you can view artwork, but it's less combat oriented.
- Practice - In this mode, you can practice your moves.
The game developer, BANDAI, promises that they will add more game modes in the future. This should ensure that while you are having fun beating the current state of the game, that more is to come so that you won't get bored with it; not that you would. You can pick from nineteen different characters to play with. SOULCALIBUR also supports Game Center.
SOULCALIBUR will be compatible with the iPhone 4 or newer, iPod touch 4G (both the 2010 and 2011 models), and iPad 2. Obviously, you can expect better optimal and graphical performance from the A5 chip in the iPad 2 and iPhone 4S, which are said to render graphics seven to eight times faster than the A4 chip in the other devices that SOULCALIBUR supports (excluding iPad 1). You will need to be running iOS 4.3 or newer in order to run the game as a requirement for installation from the App Store.
The game is a total of 215MB to download, but the game size will increase substantially when you begin playing the game and saving game data. This is something to keep in mind if you have an 8GB iPod touch or a low amount of storage left. It will set you back $11.99, but that's the sale price. The game is currently 20% off as it celebrates its release. Soon, the game will crank its way back up to $14.99, so if you're interested, get it while it's on sale!
You can download SOULCALIBUR for iPhone/iPod touch/iPad here.
Sources: App Store