• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Pod2g Posts Picture of iPad 2 On iOS 5.0.1 With Untethered Jailbreak

    Pod2g's jailbroken iPad 2 running iOS 5.0.1.

    The A5 untethered jailbreak is inching closer with another update that was posted on pod2g's blog today. The update shows an iPad 2 on iOS 5.0.1 running an untethered jailbreak. The iPad 2 is one of the A5 devices, the other being the iPhone 4S, that the dream team has been working on releasing an untethered jailbreak for. With this news, any iPad 2 owners hesitant on updating their iPad 2 to iOS 5.0.1 in fear that their iOS 4.3.3 jailbreak will be gone forever should update as soon as possible because iOS 5.1 patches the exploits that are used in the jailbreak for iOS 5.0.1. iOS 5.1 is still in beta, so there is still time to get all of your iDevices running iOS 5.0.1.

    If you have an iPad 2 and you want to jailbreak but are afraid that you won't be able to use iBooks, then don't fear. The Corona untethered jailbreak (redsn0w included) was updated not too long ago to fix the sandbox issue for the jailbreak. This will be integrated into the A5 jailbreak so that iPhone 4S and iPad 2 users can use their books while jailbroken. It will also fix any problems with other applications that didn't play nicely with the sandbox problems because the Corona update was a kernel level fix.

    We have been getting comments from many Modmyi readers about how their mouths are watering from seeing all of these amazing jailbreak tweaks and applications that developers are releasing for use on iOS. It is only a matter of time before we get to see how a jailbreak works on that dual core processor and we get to see how lag-free it is. It's only a matter of time before we open up Siri. It's only a matter of time...

    Now that we know for sure that an iPhone 4S and iPad 2 can be jailbroken untethered, we know for absolute sure that the jailbreak is imminent. Do you believe in the dream team now? We do!

    UPDATE: Pod2g appears to have removed the image from his blog. Hmm, I wonder what this could mean.

    Sources: pod2g's blog
    This article was tipped by Modmyi reader inFamous2FoB. Thanks!
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Pod2G Posts Picture of iPad 2 On iOS 5.0.1 With Untethered Jailbreak started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 80 Comments
    1. BiGBaD's Avatar
      BiGBaD -
      Great news, can't wait!
    1. oneduality's Avatar
      oneduality -
      Can't wait... I love my ipod as is but there are some tweaks that I miss ..
    1. littlelisa63's Avatar
      littlelisa63 -
      Always have believed that the dream team would get us a5 users a jb eventually...can't wait for the release tho...it'll be nice to have my phone back
      Way to go DT😄
    1. fabbuloso's Avatar
      fabbuloso -
      What they r doing is awesome.thanks to them.hopefully we get to see it soon.thanks everyone who is involved in this.
    1. zombiebot's Avatar
      zombiebot -
      I can't wait for the 4s JB
    1. DKjail's Avatar
      DKjail -
      Sweet <3
    1. oneduality's Avatar
      oneduality -
      Here's a question I find silly and yet still I have to ask ... I can't back up my blobs on 5.01 until a jailbreak happens.. can I?

      I realize I can jailbreak when it comes out, but won't be able to restore without signed firmware.. if I understand the process correctly, the blobs are backed up from the device itself.. so I should be safe waiting for the jailbreak .. is that correct? I've been in the community a long time ( since iphone 1 ) but I just want to verify my logic =)

      By the way - I'm talking about an ipad 2 .. my ipod 4g is already backed up and set.. custom firmware and all.
    1. OLDCell's Avatar
      OLDCell -
      My iPad2 is crying out to be jailbroken. Can't wait to be able to theme the iPad and get all those lovely apps from Cydia.
    1. Hugo911's Avatar
      Hugo911 -
      This is just so mouthwatering
    1. GuessWhosBack's Avatar
      GuessWhosBack -
      Oh sweet more annoying pictures of pod2g using Jailbroken A5 devices. Haven't seen these before Clearly it's become a game to just taunt people with the A5 Jailbreak.
    1. DMI187's Avatar
      DMI187 -
      they need ur donate
    1. iPod's Avatar
      iPod -
      Quote Originally Posted by oneduality View Post
      Can't wait... I love my ipod as is but there are some tweaks that I miss ..
      iPod? There's already a jailbreak for that.
    1. oneduality's Avatar
      oneduality -
      Quote Originally Posted by DMI187 View Post
      they need ur donate
      Donations are great, but they don't accelerate the process.. the problem with donations ( I speak as a developer myself ) .. is people become very demanding when they donate.. I stopped accepting donations as a result, I got tired of people thinking that donating to free work made them self entitled..

      Plus legal ramifications kick in for projects like this one when you accept money
    1. balochkhalid's Avatar
      balochkhalid -
      Proud Of Guys You Did Awsome Work
    1. csglinux's Avatar
      csglinux -
      I think I'm now in a position to predict with full confidence that by this time next week... we will for sure have another picture of a Verizon 4S, also running the development version of Cydia. Can't wait for that!
    1. andrewe13's Avatar
      andrewe13 -
      Question ----------- I updated to 5.01 - Is there a point in TinyUmbrella/SHSH saving my iphone 4s right now ?

      I just did it anyway, and got these errors and messages:

      01/17/2012 18:34:04.061 iPhone4S 5.0.1 (9A405) SHSH SUCCESSFULLY saved! [Click Here to Open] 01/17/2012 18:34:04.303 iPhone4S 5.1b3 (9B5141a) SHSH SUCCESSFULLY saved! [Click Here to Open] 01/17/2012 18:34:04.367 For version [iPhone4S 5.1b1 (9B5117b)] - This device isn't eligible for the requested build.
      01/17/2012 18:34:04.380 APPLE is NOT signing iPhone4S 5.1b1 (9B5117b) SHSH requests anymore. All you can do now is select CYDIA and hope that CYDIA has your SHSH saved. If not, there is nothing you can do. 01/17/2012 18:34:04.461 iPhone4S 5.1b2 (9B5127c) SHSH SUCCESSFULLY saved! [Click Here to Open] 01/17/2012 18:34:04.517 For version [iPhone4S 5.0 (9A334)] - This device isn't eligible for the requested build. 01/17/2012 18:34:04.529 APPLE is NOT signing iPhone4S 5.0 (9A334) SHSH requests anymore. All you can do now is select CYDIA and hope that CYDIA has your SHSH saved. If not, there is nothing you can do. 01/17/2012 18:34:04.632 iPhone4S 5.0.1b (9A406) SHSH SUCCESSFULLY saved! [Click Here to Open] 01/17/2012 18:34:04.648 Finished saving SHSHs for [iphone 4s]


      "This device isn't eligible for the requested build." ?? Am I cool ? does this even work on 5.0 anymore?
    1. smuj29's Avatar
      smuj29 -
      Sandbox cracked, code running bug free.... Not sure what else is causing the delay. Great work though.
    1. jdubs1145's Avatar
      jdubs1145 -
      WoooHooo!
    1. c0dy's Avatar
      c0dy -
      Yeeeea buddy! Great job Dream Team
    1. Amadomon's Avatar
      Amadomon -
      Quote Originally Posted by oneduality View Post
      Here's a question I find silly and yet still I have to ask ... I can't back up my blobs on 5.01 until a jailbreak happens.. can I?
      yes, you can back up your blobs on an un-jb'd phone. I did on my brand-new 5.0.1 4S.

      Quote Originally Posted by andrewe13 View Post
      Question ----------- I updated to 5.01 - Is there a point in TinyUmbrella/SHSH saving my iphone 4s right now ?

      I just did it anyway, and got these errors and messages:

      01/17/2012 18:34:04.061 iPhone4S 5.0.1 (9A405) SHSH SUCCESSFULLY saved! [Click Here to Open] 01/17/2012 18:34:04.303 iPhone4S 5.1b3 (9B5141a) SHSH SUCCESSFULLY saved! [Click Here to Open] 01/17/2012 18:34:04.367 For version [iPhone4S 5.1b1 (9B5117b)] - This device isn't eligible for the requested build.
      01/17/2012 18:34:04.380 APPLE is NOT signing iPhone4S 5.1b1 (9B5117b) SHSH requests anymore. All you can do now is select CYDIA and hope that CYDIA has your SHSH saved. If not, there is nothing you can do. 01/17/2012 18:34:04.461 iPhone4S 5.1b2 (9B5127c) SHSH SUCCESSFULLY saved! [Click Here to Open] 01/17/2012 18:34:04.517 For version [iPhone4S 5.0 (9A334)] - This device isn't eligible for the requested build. 01/17/2012 18:34:04.529 APPLE is NOT signing iPhone4S 5.0 (9A334) SHSH requests anymore. All you can do now is select CYDIA and hope that CYDIA has your SHSH saved. If not, there is nothing you can do. 01/17/2012 18:34:04.632 iPhone4S 5.0.1b (9A406) SHSH SUCCESSFULLY saved! [Click Here to Open] 01/17/2012 18:34:04.648 Finished saving SHSHs for [iphone 4s]


      "This device isn't eligible for the requested build." ?? Am I cool ? does this even work on 5.0 anymore?
      Yer cool.