Today, sn0wbreeze turns 2!
Happy birthday sn0wbreeze; you have brought many jailbreaks to Windows users everywhere with your unique graphical user interface and ease of use. Sn0wbreeze is a jailbreak tool made by iH8sn0w and usually follows suit in functionality of redsn0w so that Windows users can have an alternative tool for jailbreaking. It is symbolized by a snowflake with a curved opening on the side that resembles the Apple with a bite taken out of the side. iH8sn0w also makes other iDevice tools such as iFaith and iREB.
The update brings some new features to sn0wbreeze including:
- Brought back old firmware support in one release
- GUI Improvements
- You can now build IPSWs with TinyUmbrella/iFaith blobs
- Removes OTA Updates/badge on iOS 5.x.x+ devices
- Added an IPSW Downloader
- Built-in iREB functionality updated from newest iREB r5 module
- Custom Packages in Expert actually works now
- All supported firmwares in this release are untethered
- A5 devices are NOT supported at this time due to no public DFU/iBoot exploit
Sn0wbreeze also now supports all of the following firmwares on all iDevices except for A5 ones:
- Supports iOS 3.1.3
- Supports iOS 3.2.x
- Supports iOS 4.0.x
- Supports iOS 4.1
- Supports iOS 4.2.1 - 4.2.8
- Supports iOS 4.3 - 4.3.3
- Supports iOS 5.0.1
- iOS 4.3.4/4.3.5/4.4.x/5.0 support coming soon
If you are a sn0wbreeze fan and you want to show support, then you can download the new sn0wbreeze 2.9 from this link and give iH8sn0w a big thank you for his contributions to the jailbreak community. His blog also holds a long list of credits which are the people that you can thank for their helpful contributions with the project too. They are often overlooked as iH8sn0w is the one that is well known for the tools being in existence.
Sn0wbreeze is Windows only, like most of iH8sn0w's tools, so this means that you won't be able to enjoy the pleasures of this tool on Mac OS X without either using Bootcamp or some kind of virtual machine software. If you don't use either, then you can still use redsn0w to jailbreak and manage your iDevices. In case you were wondering about the new GUI, take a look at the image below:
What are your thoughts about the birthday update? Share in the comments.
Sources: iH8sn0w's Blog