• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Corona Untethered Jailbreak Updated: Install to Use iBooks

    You can now install Corona to use iBooks on your iOS 5.0.1 untethered jailbreak.

    If you have been debating updating to iOS 5.0.1 and jailbreaking untethered because of the fact that you're an iBooks-a-holic, then you should download the newest Corona update. It has been updated to patch iBooks from a kernel level so that you can read your iBooks purchases on your iOS 5.0.1 untethered jailbroken iDevice. Before today, there were sandbox problems that would have prevented you from doing so.

    If you are jailbroken from the original Corona untether, then you can simply update the package to get your iBooks patch. It will require a reboot after installing. If you are jailbroken untethered already using the latest redsn0w, then you can simply install Corona over the untethered redsn0w jailbreak for iOS 5.0.1 and the iBooks patch will take affect immediately. The sandbox fix for iBooks comes from a patch made by comex, but comex was not the developer behind the Corona update.

    Corona was updated to version 1.0-4 which originally fixed iBooks, however there was another launchd problem that was fixed in it and additionally users weren't restarting their iDevice after installing it so they were complaining that the patch did not work. Because of this, Corona 1.0-5 was released (current version) that not only fixes iBooks, but also fixes the launchd problem again (as cited by saurik), but it will also force you to reboot your iDevice so that the patch will certainly work effectively.

    Corona, even with this update, is patched in iOS 5.1 and we highly recommend that you update to iOS 5.0.1 and get your untethered jailbreak as soon as possible. This is especially so with those of you who have been waiting for an iBooks fix in order to update. There is no reason not to update if you have a newer iDevice sometime this week because pod2g just posted today, proof of an untethered jailbreak for the iPhone 4S which means that the A5 unethered jailbreak is very close to being released.

    Corona 1.0-5 will patch all of the following jailbroken devices running iOS 5.0.1:
    • iPhone 4
    • iPhone 3GS
    • iPod touch 4G
    • iPod touch 3G
    • iPad 1


    Get downloading!

    Sources: saurik
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Corona Untethered Jailbreak Updated: Install to Use iBooks started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 33 Comments
    1. exNavy's Avatar
      exNavy -
      Now if we can just get pwnagetool updated with all the latest patches...
    1. celeron's Avatar
      celeron -
      Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post
      Now if we can just get pwnagetool updated with all the latest patches...
      Why pwnagetool when snowbreeze and redsn0w already work
    1. srome95's Avatar
      srome95 -
      So do I not get at least partial credit for this article?! As I'm the one who tipped it as soon as he tweeted it...
    1. Retribution1337's Avatar
      Retribution1337 -
      Quote Originally Posted by srome95 View Post
      So do I not get at least partial credit for this article?! As I'm the one who tipped it as soon as he tweeted it...
      Yourself and at least 500 other people. With the A5 JB on the cusp of release there are lots of people following everything pod2g and the rest of the dream team do. Myself included. You very likely weren't the only one who tipped. Not by a long shot.
    1. andrewe13's Avatar
      andrewe13 -
      So i heard a lot of apps did not work at first, besides ibooks when corona for 5.01 was first released. Is it safe now for 4's and 3gs's ? Any bugs? Debating the update/jailbreak from 4.3.3
    1. Zokunei's Avatar
      Zokunei -
      After I installed it Safari is horribly glitched and crashes when trying to load anything. I'm not completely sure if this is what caused it. Safe mode doesn't help.
    1. celeron's Avatar
      celeron -
      I've been using it and have had no problems
    1. andrewe13's Avatar
      andrewe13 -
      hmm really. anyone else?
    1. Zokunei's Avatar
      Zokunei -
      I'm completely sure now. I just downgraded and rebooted. It's fixed. Good thing I don't use iBooks.
    1. Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
      Anthony Bouchard -
      Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
      After I installed it Safari is horribly glitched and crashes when trying to load anything. I'm not completely sure if this is what caused it. Safe mode doesn't help.
      Definitely not a Corona problem. Sounds like a tweak of yours doesn't like it. I have numerous Safari tweaks installed and Corona isn't causing problems nor can I duplicate it for you.
    1. Zokunei's Avatar
      Zokunei -
      Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
      Definitely not a Corona problem. Sounds like a tweak of yours doesn't like it. I have numerous Safari tweaks installed and Corona isn't causing problems nor can I duplicate it for you.
      Definitely a corona problem. I tried safe mode immediately after I noticed the glitch and it didn't do anything. Safari kept this behavior up until I downgraded Corona and rebooted then it was instantly fixed. I tried reboots before downgrading too.

      I upgraded Corona again and it came back. Yes I have FullScreen for Safari installed. No other Safari tweaks. It's never done this before, does this only on Corona versions above 1.0-3, and it does it in Safe Mode.
    1. luvmytj's Avatar
      luvmytj -
      Thank you sir.

      EDIT: I went to get it from Cydia but I don't see 1.0-5, I only see 1.0-3.
    1. Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
      Anthony Bouchard -
      Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
      Definitely a corona problem. I tried safe mode immediately after I noticed the glitch and it didn't do anything. Safari kept this behavior up until I downgraded Corona and rebooted then it was instantly fixed. I tried reboots before downgrading too.

      I upgraded Corona again and it came back. Yes I have FullScreen for Safari installed. No other Safari tweaks. It's never done this before, does this only on Corona versions above 1.0-3, and it does it in Safe Mode.
      It can't be a Corona problem because it's not affecting everyone who is downloading it. If it was, then we are all downloading the same code and the same thing would happen to a lot of people. I'm so sorry that it's inconvenient for you. I cannot confirm this problem with any of my test devices.
    1. Zokunei's Avatar
      Zokunei -
      I uninstalled MobileSubstrate and I still have the problem. How many people updated straight from -3 to -5?
    1. Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
      Anthony Bouchard -
      Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
      I uninstalled MobileSubstrate and I still have the problem. How many people updated straight from -3 to -5?
      I did. Corona doesn't use MobileSubstrate, Corona is the untether itself so MobileSubstrate won't cancel out Corona. If anything, MobileSubstrate depends on Corona, not vice-versa.
    1. brianjw's Avatar
      brianjw -
      Corona has been patched in 5.1. Has whatever method used for the unreleased A5 jailbreak been patched? I'm trying to determine whether to downgrade to 5.0.1, or remain using beta 3 of 5.1
    1. Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
      Anthony Bouchard -
      Quote Originally Posted by brianjw View Post
      Corona has been patched in 5.1. Has whatever method used for the unreleased A5 jailbreak been patched? I'm trying to determine whether to downgrade to 5.0.1, or remain using beta 3 of 5.1
      It's impossible for it to have been patched in iOS 5.0.1. That's the firmware that will be jailbreakable. Apple can't patch a firmware that's already out, they have to make a new firmware for you to update to in order to kill the jailbreak.
    1. Zokunei's Avatar
      Zokunei -
      Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
      I did. Corona doesn't use MobileSubstrate, Corona is the untether itself so MobileSubstrate won't cancel out Corona. If anything, MobileSubstrate depends on Corona, not vice-versa.
      I uninstalled MobileSubstrate because you said a tweak is probably causing my problem.
    1. Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
      Anthony Bouchard -
      Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
      I uninstalled MobileSubstrate because you said a tweak is probably causing my problem.
      Okay, and what device are you using?

      I have an iPad 1, iPod touch 4G, and iPhone 4 (GSM) all successfully running Corona 1.0-5.
    1. Zokunei's Avatar
      Zokunei -
      Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
      Okay, and what device are you using?

      I have an iPad 1, iPod touch 4G, and iPhone 4 (GSM) all successfully running Corona 1.0-5.
      iPod touch 4G.