• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Gene Munster Gets Back to Beating the iPhone 5 Drum


    If prominent Wall Street analyst Gene Munster proves wrong in his incessant prediction for a dramatically redesigned iPhone 5, he may very well lose the "prominent" part of his reputation as an analyst with Piper Jaffray.

    On Wednesday, Munster once again reiterated his assertion that Apple is going to surprise the multitudes with a completely different look for the next-gen iPhone (which he calls the iPhone 5). This time around, however, Munster says the next incarnation of the iPhone will be a "monster."

    "If Apple sells 30 million-plus iPhones in Dec., with no new form factor, up from 17.1m in Sept., it would be evidence supporting our survey work indicating that 94% of iPhone users plan to upgrade to a new iPhone," Munster revealed today. "This theme suggests iPhone 5, which we are expecting in Aug. with a new form factor, will be a monster upgrade."

    Munster raised his iPhone number to 30 million from 26 million for fiscal Q1 ended in December. He reiterates an iPad unit estimate of 13.5 million. He sees Apple beating the Street at $40.2 billion in revenue and $10.50 in EPS, versus the consensus $38.6 billion and $9.95 per share.
    Ahead of Apple's January 24th earnings report, Munster says he now believes Apple will report record sales and earnings across all three of its iDevices: the iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch.

    Source: Barron's
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Gene Munster Gets Back to Beating the iPhone 5 Drum started by Michael Essany View original post
    Comments 34 Comments
    1. The Maestro's Avatar
      The Maestro -
      I whole heartedly think anyone who calls it "iPhone 5" lacks common sense, I'm not even gonna explain due to how simple the concept is. I'm not a fortune teller so I don't know what it will be called but if apples next iPhone is the iPhone 5 I'll buy one for everyone here.
    1. dfheje's Avatar
      dfheje -
      Quote Originally Posted by The Maestro View Post
      I whole heartedly think anyone who calls it "iPhone 5" lacks common sense, I'm not even gonna explain due to how simple the concept is. I'm not a fortune teller so I don't know what it will be called but if apples next iPhone is the iPhone 5 I'll buy one for everyone here.
      lol, this talk became pointless. Anyways, I think it'll be Apples pattern to redesign, next release is the "S" version, then redesign again. If the next iPhone isnt somewhat different than the 4(S), then I'd rather buy a previous model online (eBay).


      Quote Originally Posted by xclusiveiphone View Post
      iPhone SJ = Steve Job's tribute version

      [PICS] iPhone SJ: the new iPhone 5 inspired by Steve Jobs?

      Would love it, if it looked close to that...
      Its been rumored that Steve Jobs doesnt like anything that bigger than it already is.
      And it kinda seems something Steve Jobs would say.
      Just saying.. thats tribute iPhone is BS.
    1. Moreno53's Avatar
      Moreno53 -
      Quote Originally Posted by EndFinity View Post
      Hoping for a design that doesn't make it ~90% certain that you have to pay 200 bucks for a repair bill when you drop your phone..
      Buy a cheaper phone.
    1. msb2011's Avatar
      msb2011 -
      Quote Originally Posted by smooth22 View Post
      If the iPhone 5 doesnt come out to my expexctations im moving to a droid...
      Agreed.
    1. mbouchamekh's Avatar
      mbouchamekh -
      yes, I think windows phone (especially Nokia one`s) more prosperous
    1. kwine's Avatar
      kwine -
      Really, who cares what it's called it will be bad azz !
    1. Tashawn's Avatar
      Tashawn -
      If I didn't spend so much in the App Store and Cydia I probably would've switched.
    1. andypropaganda's Avatar
      andypropaganda -
      Quote Originally Posted by Colby21 View Post
      I'm not believing any hype until they announce the phone. If it's the same ish as usual i'm jumping to Windows Phone.
      I've been debating a windows phone as well, but at the same time I don't know if I could ever take the risk of giving up the iPhone. At the same time, if there is an update to the iPhone that is going to compete largely with the advantage of Windows Phone Mobile it won't be hardware, which is turning out to be the big selling point of the iPhone 5. Instead, it will have to be a big renovation in the software department, and while Apple traditionally revamps iOS with every new iPhone, they will really have to step their game up this time. Not only do they need to come up with some sexy new hardware, but they need to bring a new, smooth, and sexy look to the iOS platform.
    1. Colby21's Avatar
      Colby21 -
      Quote Originally Posted by andypropaganda View Post
      I've been debating a windows phone as well, but at the same time I don't know if I could ever take the risk of giving up the iPhone. At the same time, if there is an update to the iPhone that is going to compete largely with the advantage of Windows Phone Mobile it won't be hardware, which is turning out to be the big selling point of the iPhone 5. Instead, it will have to be a big renovation in the software department, and while Apple traditionally revamps iOS with every new iPhone, they will really have to step their game up this time. Not only do they need to come up with some sexy new hardware, but they need to bring a new, smooth, and sexy look to the iOS platform.
      I agree. The Nokia Lumia 900 is just stunning, and it runs beautifully. Apple really needs to step their hardware up a bit and compete. Well, for me at least. I know a lot of people will buy it just because it has a shiny Apple on the back of it. But I'd like a little bit more substance for my money. And hey, if i miss my iphone, I can always use my ip4 or 4s some days. No big deal
    1. Zokunei's Avatar
      Zokunei -
      Windows Phone has the worst UI I've ever seen on a phone. Just my opinion, of course.
    1. runey71's Avatar
      runey71 -
      God I'm so sick of hearing about people argue about what the next iPhone number is going to be. I hope Apple call it the iPhone LTE or just anything but a number. Just so you can all be wrong :P
    1. shigh's Avatar
      shigh -
      They (apple) gonna totally 180 this and read all the emails i sent them and call it the .......... Shighphone infinite! Its gotta ring to it.
    1. lukeyb's Avatar
      lukeyb -
      Quote Originally Posted by dfheje View Post
      Its been rumored that Steve Jobs doesnt like anything that bigger than it already is.
      And it kinda seems something Steve Jobs would say.
      Just saying.. thats tribute iPhone is BS.
      some things he said were quite profound, some things he said were f**king stupid
    1. buttamix's Avatar
      buttamix -
      Quote Originally Posted by jamesgunaca View Post
      Am I the only one who thought he kept calling the iPhone 5 a "munster upgrade"? These analysts are a joke. iPhone rumors are just page-view gold.




      I just switched to a Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket and it didn't even take me two weeks to switch back to my iPhone 4. I expect anyone who is a heavy jailbreak user would find that Android just isn't what other geeks/tweakers would have you believe (most of whom may have not spent a lot of time with a jailbreak optimized iPhone...because let's be honest, jailbreaking is all about optimizing your iOS experience).
      Cheers to that good friend

      Quote Originally Posted by ty22 View Post
      Annnnndd the BS about if its going to be called the iPhone 5 or iPhone 6, starts in 5......4.....3....2.........
      Who really cares what number the iPhone is going to be called. It's the last phone jobs was apart of designing. That alone is why I want the phone.