• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • TinyUmbrella Updated to Work With iOS 5.0.1 (Build 9A406) for iPhone 4S

    TinyUmbrella is an SHSH solution for iOS.

    TinyUmbrella, the tool that we've used to save our SHSH blobs since the days of Christopher Columbus, has been updated to work with the second release of iOS 5.0.1 for the iPhone 4S (Build 9A406) which was released in order to fix the iPhone 4S not detecting the SIM card. Right now, using TinyUmbrella to save your SHSH blobs is a good idea, especially with the news that we reported on today with pod2g confirming that it could be just a week until we see the iPhone 4S jailbreak.

    While at this point in time, there is currently no way to replay cached blobs to to restore 5.0.1 once Apple stops signing it with the iPhone 4S or iPad 2, we assure you that it's a good idea to save them anyway just in case of any future inventions that might allow us to use it for something special. There is currently no bootrom exploit for the A5 processor which means that iPhone 4S and iPad 2 users cannot use tools like iFaith to create custom firmwares are restore to them. This is one reason that we recommend that you update to iOS 5.0.1 as soon as possible to lock your hands on the untethered jailbreak before Apple releases iOS 5.1.

    Hopefully soon in the future, hackers will find a way to use these SHSH blobs and APtickets for these newer A5 devices to restore the firmware like new - a luxury that only older iDevice users have right now. The download links for the updated TinyUmbrella (5.10.04) can be found below:

    TinyUmbrella for Mac OS X
    TinyUmbrella for Windows

    Sources: TinyUmbrella
    This article was originally published in forum thread: TinyUmbrella Updated to Work With iOS 5.0.1 (Build 9A406) for iPhone 4S started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 89 Comments
    1. A3gOwner's Avatar
      A3gOwner -
      Oh trust me it's done. I've been in this game way too long to not at least grab them. I was just curious.

      Edit: From what I understand TU does in fact save APtickets for a5 devices.
    1. iYeow's Avatar
      iYeow -
      For those who do not want to update to 5.0.1 yet on A5 chips on 4s and Ipad 2, when 5.1 comes out, you still have atleast a day to update to 5.0.1, if updating now currently jailbroken ipad 2 at 4.3.3 to 5.0.1 still wouldn't allow you to dump Aptickets .
      Read the news everyday on this forum will inform you the release of 5.1 and you should time to do do.
    1. A3gOwner's Avatar
      A3gOwner -
      Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
      For those who do not want to update to 5.0.1 yet on A5 chips on 4s and Ipad 2, when 5.1 comes out, you still have atleast a day to update to 5.0.1, if updating now currently jailbroken ipad 2 at 4.3.3 to 5.0.1 still wouldn't allow you to dump Aptickets .
      Read the news everyday on this forum will inform you the release of 5.1 and you should time to do do.
      5.1 is at beta 2 now and expires the 12th, Then it'll be b3 or GM depending on apple, if it goes GM on the 12th then it'll be a week or two before 5.1 is out to public. Atleast that's how it been going in the past.
    1. Flako526's Avatar
      Flako526 -
      does i matter if is 9A405 or 9A406 5.0.1 ?? please someone answer my question
    1. A3gOwner's Avatar
      A3gOwner -
      Quote Originally Posted by Flako526 View Post
      does i matter if is 9A405 or 9A406 5.0.1 ?? please someone answer my question
      Look at the title to this thread it answers your question for you.
    1. Italia411's Avatar
      Italia411 -
      So us who are on 9A405 are chopped liver and can't use tu?
    1. A3gOwner's Avatar
      A3gOwner -
      Quote Originally Posted by Italia411 View Post
      So us who are on 9A405 are chopped liver and can't use tu?
      Yes but there's a simple solution to that. It would be to update to 9a406, it's really that easy.
    1. iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
      iLoveWindows&iPhone -
      OMG people!! Update to 5.0.1 already!! If you don't, and as a consequence can't get your A5 jailbreak.....please don't come and whine about it here! Everyone and their mother has told you to update....SO UPDATE! My lord
    1. Darkflame's Avatar
      Darkflame -
      Quote Originally Posted by Flako526 View Post
      does i matter if is 9A405 or 9A406 5.0.1 ?? please someone answer my question
      9A406 fixes a issue with the iPhone not recognizing sim cards. It applies to gsm models. If you want to be on 9a406 for peace of mind just restore through iTunes. You can't get 9a406 over the air unless you waited it out and didn't update to 5.01 till after the newer build dropped. 9a405 can't go to 9a406 OTA. I restored just to make sure I had the latest but apple said 9a506 was only released to fix a very small number of users problems. Take that with a grain of salt.
    1. Flako526's Avatar
      Flako526 -
      So how you update to 9A406 ???

      Quote Originally Posted by Flako526 View Post
      So how you update to 9A406 ???
      Never mind I got it !!
    1. szr's Avatar
      szr -
      Quote Originally Posted by Darkflame View Post
      9A406 fixes a issue with the iPhone not recognizing sim cards. It applies to gsm models. If you want to be on 9a406 for peace of mind just restore through iTunes. You can't get 9a406 over the air unless you waited it out and didn't update to 5.01 till after the newer build dropped. 9a405 can't go to 9a406 OTA. I restored just to make sure I had the latest but apple said 9a506 was only released to fix a very small number of users problems. Take that with a grain of salt.
      Just for the record, I was on 5.0 on my 4S and just an hour before writing this I updated via the OTA method and it still installed 9A405, not 9A406. iTunes says I'm up to date and thus had to download & install 9A406 manually, so using OTA will not necessarily get you to 9A406.
    1. Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
      Anthony Bouchard -
      Quote Originally Posted by A3gOwner View Post
      Yes but there's a simple solution to that. It would be to update to 9a406, it's really that easy.
      You CAN use TinyUmbrella. But why not update?
    1. A3gOwner's Avatar
      A3gOwner -
      Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
      You CAN use TinyUmbrella. But why not update?
      Exactly. Having two builds (versions) of the same software floating around will be interesting come jailbreak time. Everyone needs to get on 9a406 because that's the current 5.0.1 and the devs are even saying to update. Having to worry about compatibility issues between the two builds is just twice the work for the devs. So why not get on the same version they are using to develop the jailbreak?
    1. Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
      Anthony Bouchard -
      Quote Originally Posted by A3gOwner View Post
      Exactly. Having two builds (versions) of the same software floating around will be interesting come jailbreak time. Everyone needs to get on 9a406 because that's the current 5.0.1 and the devs are even saying to update. Having to worry about compatibility issues between the two builds is just twice the work for the devs. So why not get on the same version they are using to develop the jailbreak?
      The firmware is exactly the same firmware. It has one or two tweaked lines of code in the software to fix the SIM card problem. So no matter which iOS 5.0.1 you're on, it will not be more work for the developers because the untethered jailbreak is built to recognize iOS 5.0.1.
    1. metaserph's Avatar
      metaserph -
      I thought it was as simple as one version is for iPhone 4, the latest is for iPhone 4S ONLY. In effect, both will be recognized as 5.0.1 by their respective JB tools. Folks keep mixing iP4 info. with iP4S info. Anyways...
    1. A3gOwner's Avatar
      A3gOwner -
      Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
      The firmware is exactly the same firmware. It has one or two tweaked lines of code in the software to fix the SIM card problem. So no matter which iOS 5.0.1 you're on, it will not be more work for the developers because the untethered jailbreak is built to recognize iOS 5.0.1.
      So has anyone actually ran tests on the two builds because I'd actually like to see the results, only two lines different yeah right. A simple diff on the files show its more than 2 lines of code changes. diff is a unix program used to find the differences in files/directories/etc.

      9a405 and 9a406 are both builds of 5.0.1 for the 4s. No mixing of i4 and i4s here.
    1. littlelisa63's Avatar
      littlelisa63 -
      Thought I'd ask here as you lot understand better than me...
      I brought a genuine unlock through Vodafone which worked,but it said to upgrade to 5.0.1 through iTunes which I tried but it wouldn't let me upgrade so I did it ota and it worked I'm on 9A405...I saved my 5.0 blobs and 5.0.1 blobs through TU I haven't got the latest TU
      I was just wandering what boxes I need to tick in TU for example do I need to tick the cydia box etc
      And have I done it right???
      Many thanks if you can help me
      I'm on ip4s
    1. duromega's Avatar
      duromega -
      Quote Originally Posted by myiphone3gs4055 View Post
      The reason I need to unlock my 4s is because I go back to my country which is Vietnam every year or two ( not often ) and dont want to spent 800 buck
      If you got your iPhone 4S here in the USA it should work overseas I tried my Orange Dominicana SIM and it's works, iPhone 4S works fine overseas remember its world phone now,
    1. nicoand's Avatar
      nicoand -
      9a406 5.0.1
    1. AngryPIG's Avatar
      AngryPIG -
      when ever i try to save my shsh blobs for my i4s it just says i'm to late.