• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Samsung Continues Anti-Apple Campaign by Bashing iTunes in the Cloud


    Samsung continues with its anti-Apple campaign, this time with a new advertising depicting Apple fans still waiting on absurdly long lines for a new iPhone. It isn’t quite clear why a company like Samsung would possibly insult potential future customers but the new Galaxy S II commercial seems to exploit the line waiters theme, which was first seen in last month’s commercial and the company’s Facebook page.

    Youtube Video

    The new commercial focuses on the Galaxy S II’s content and specifically music in the cloud. This became apparent when the Samsung user asks those in the line for the iPhone “You guys are still here?” then proceeds to laugh at them insisting that his Galaxy S II keeps all his content. “I have all my playlists right here, my music streams from the cloud and I have tons of places to buy my music,” he says to his iPhone toting friends who stare at his device looking bewildered.

    This was in response to the focus that Apple’s been heavily advertising, such as the iOS 5 software and iCloud/iTunes Match music locker in the cloud. Samsung continues by saying that they are “excited for the opportunity to educate as many consumers as possible about why the Samsung Galaxy S II is the preferred choice for smartphone owners.”

    I personally found the first commercial to be funny and even some of the Facebook wall posts but this commercial seems to be a bit redundant. I also feel it is starting to become misleading, with Samsung trying to boast that iOS users are always as crazy as the ones depicted in the picture (waiting 36 hours, come on!). Furthermore, the Apple fans standing on line so they can fit their music in one device also felt a bit unreal. The same features (more or less) are offered on both devices. What are your thoughts? Share your impressions below!

    Source: Samsung Mobile USA
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Samsung Continues Anti-Apple Campaign by Bashing iTunes in the Cloud started by Akshay Masand View original post
    Comments 66 Comments
    1. NegativeBeef's Avatar
      NegativeBeef -
      Quote Originally Posted by eZStaR View Post
      Oooohh, we have a fandroid in the house everybody!
      So saying that a particular Android phone sucks makes me a fandroid? ROFLMAO these Apple iCultists knows no bounds....

      Quote Originally Posted by eZStaR View Post
      "Worst gen phone?"
      It just proves they keep coming out with crappy phones day in and day out. 90+% of android phones out there are pure ****, and they have to justify it with just a hand full of phones, PACKED WITH ONLY HARDWARE. Who gives a **** about the high end hardware? Apple doesn't, because their iOS doesn't need it to turn perfectly, unlike Android who needs 1 GB ram, 1GHZ JUST to run smoothly.
      90% of android phones are ****? Based on what? Your opinion? Likewise I can say that 90% of iPhones are pure crap. Oh wait, Apple has only made like what 5 iPhones? So make that 99%.


      Quote Originally Posted by eZStaR View Post
      As for these ads, I find them utterly ridiculous. Apple could do the same thing, and bash them 20 times as hard.
      You mean like how Apple bashes Microsoft but fails 20 times harder?

      Quote Originally Posted by eZStaR View Post
      Like how Samsung rips off Apple's innovative ideas, and showcase everything on one ad and say
      Yeah, more like how Apple's "innovative" ideas were all stolen from Xerox, Palm, Nokia, LG, Motorola....etc
    1. mustard05's Avatar
      mustard05 -
      The relationship between Apple and Samsumg is so "Textbook," its not even funny!
    1. trimetfan's Avatar
      trimetfan -
      Not to be a jerk. But who cares? My friend was running a cross the street and dropped her iPhone 4 and when she realized what had happen a coke truck ran over it. And guess what it still works just find with only a nick on one of the corners on the back. So who cares.
    1. CMartins's Avatar
      CMartins -
      Quote Originally Posted by MYPHONEI View Post
      Then Samsung is not bashing anyone using this logic




      Does not change I buy a product and it is and should be in my control. To limit a legal function of a device on purpose after purchase is not moral ( I think the "Fanboy" mentality blinds most to take Apple's side always), don't say I have a choice on that too, I have to take great lengths to keep the older iOS running and then later you cannot use some newer apps either they need the new iOS to run or need it because Apple requires them to to have it in the store..........Apple does what it can to ensure its monopoly
      Also I do not nor ever will own an over priced low spec Mac, they are way over priced, limited and I have used windows seven since beta, it never crashes and I have never had a virus on it and I spend 14 hours a day on it and have surfed to virus ridden sites, DL virus ridden software but the free MSSE protected me instantly

      Apple is 95% hype as far as PC's
      Yes because their OS is indeed ******. /s Give me a break man, just accept some people like it and stfu. Damn whiners. Jesus.
    1. iPod's Avatar
      iPod -
      Quote Originally Posted by MYPHONEI View Post
      +1
      Really why is it ok for Apple to do but no one else? WOW

      With the security overkill of the last few years
      WHy is it ok to upload my Pics, docs and sensitive information to a "Cloud" How secure is it really? I do not trust it to be honest.
      Who was bashing Samsung for their commercials? Nobody said it wasn't ok for Samsung to make commercials like this.I personally think they're funny.

      And right, android is really secure and malware free. Um no. I love android as much as I love iOS. But android is not secure. I hate iOS without a jailbreak, but iOS jailbroken is superior to android IMO. And what is your argument with the cloud? Is it against apple or samsung? Cuz apple's iCloud isn't mentioned in the commercial.
    1. Stryker1's Avatar
      Stryker1 -
      I bought the new Samsung Galaxy S2 with T-mobile after having been with ATT and iPhone for about 4 years. Got fed up with ATT in particular and didn't care for the upgraded iPhone 4s so I decided to also try out the new Samasung while I was at it. Been using it for about a week and I have to say, I like the Android OS a lot. The OS takes getting use to after having been with iPhone for many years but it does work very well. I am not even going to bother comparing ATT with T-mobile but suffice it to say ATT service is crap on all levels compared to T-mobile when it comes to service and coverage where I live. With the Samsung you get just as fast performance, lighter, can change the battery out, display is bigger and nicer. Apple is so restricting in everything from the way you can use their phone. Durability test was demonstrated on the previous page by one of our members, iPhone durability is a joke. You also get....Not locked into ATT phone service, can unlock the Samsung after 3 months of service and no jailbreaking war crap that ppl are forced into doing because of ATT/Apple. Plenty of apps to choose from on the Android market. Really hate the way Apple does it business with people. Now I know the iPhone lackies here will continue to argue their points but they need to face the fact that Samsung is beginning to kick Apple's ***** now and the iPhone is NOT standing out as the clear leader anymore. On a side not....Glad to see Apple is now losing thier battles in court on infringement rights so now they are getting a taste of their own medicine. Nice to see ATT lost its bid on T-mobile since it would narrow competition and increase prices. Way to go Samsung/Android, keep up the good work.


      Stryker1

      Quote Originally Posted by NegativeBeef View Post
      Cult leaders and Dictators wish that they had the kind of loyalty that Apple has



      Buying the skyrocket was your first mistake. Why didn't you get the regular GSII? It has a faster GPU & CPU as well as having something like 30% better battery life. There's a reason why it's called the Sh*trocket.



      You bought Samsung's WORST current gen phone and have the nerve to turnaround and say that you weren't impressed? Sorry that's 100% your fault.
      Yeah, I have to agree with this comment. Why would you buy a phone that is not the latest and try to compare it to a phone that is latest for Apple? Dude, make comparisons that match and are head to head, not the Sh*trocket and iPhone 4s!!

      Stryker1
    1. MYPHONEI's Avatar
      MYPHONEI -
      Quote Originally Posted by ipodtouchman77 View Post
      Who was bashing Samsung for their commercials? Nobody said it wasn't ok for Samsung to make commercials like this.I personally think they're funny.

      And right, android is really secure and malware free. Um no.
      Many like to play "Us against them game" Root for iphone as a winner and any other a looser......... I for one grew up

      I have iPhone for many reasons
      But I do not trust this cloud crap one bit since its on someone elses server, can be hacked into

      As far as your post I was just commenting but not to you personally

      Didn't I agree? Its what +1 means
    1. iPod's Avatar
      iPod -
      Quote Originally Posted by LivesForJihad View Post

      It's funny, in the video, even the packaging for the GS2 looks strangely similar to the iPhone's... Lol

      Quote Originally Posted by LivesForJihad View Post
      The devices you are accusing of not having "good touch response" are the weaker, and budget phones, which have no backbone in the hardware.

      Go and put iOS 4.x on an iPhone 3G or iPhone 2G and tell me how responsive it is...be sure to make note of how NOT laggy it is.
      Thats not a fair argument. The iPhone 2g and 3g weren't built for that software. Frankly, apple made a horrible choice of even making a version of iOS 4 for the 3G. It was wayy to slow, and added almost no features. It's like saying go put ice cream sandwich on a tmobile g1. Oh wait, someone did that. It was 20 times slower and buggier than an iPhone 3G with ios 4. But that's because it's old, and wasnt built for android 4.0. So that whole argument was complete trash.
    1. MYPHONEI's Avatar
      MYPHONEI -
      Quote Originally Posted by ipodtouchman77 View Post
      It's funny, in the video, even the packaging for the GS2 looks strangely similar to the iPhone's... Lol
      Love this comment LOL
      And how should they make a phone?
      Fliphones looked similar
      other phones look alike
      should it look like a Football? Basketball?

      The Drop test proves feel is nothing and Durability everything

      I agree the iPhone
      Scratches
      is not as Durable as other phones
      Hold it wrong and it no signal or poor signal
      5.0 and even 5.0.1 have battery issues

      so the iPhone is not perfect so what? I still have a 4 and enjoy it.

      Captivate is not perfect as well, Galaxy II not perfect..............

      BTW glass is outdated by years
      the newest tech is coming, flexible phones, phones that will roll up, How come APple has not developed this current tech is beyond me, Samsung is............ Soon it may be Apple copying


      InAVate - Touchscreens roll up after graphene breakthrough








      Last one does not look like any iPhone I have seen
    1. Colby21's Avatar
      Colby21 -
      I like your objective writing. I know sometimes it's hard, since you're writing for an apple fan forum, but bravo on the piece. Well done.
    1. MYPHONEI's Avatar
      MYPHONEI -
      Quote Originally Posted by CMartins View Post
      Yes because their OS is indeed ******. /s Give me a break man, just accept some people like it and stfu. Damn whiners. Jesus.
      Damm I can't have my opinion too? Of course not Apple fans only post............WOW

      yes the Android OS needs work

      How about all the problems with iOS? Oh its OK because its the sacred Apple. Why don't you give me a break
    1. iPod's Avatar
      iPod -
      Quote Originally Posted by MYPHONEI View Post
      Love this comment LOL
      And how should they make a phone?
      Fliphones looked similar
      other phones look alike
      should it look like a Football? Basketball?

      The Drop test proves feel is nothing and Durability everything

      I agree the iPhone
      Scratches
      is not as Durable as other phones
      Hold it wrong and it no signal or poor signal
      5.0 and even 5.0.1 have battery issues

      so the iPhone is not perfect so what? I still have a 4 and enjoy it.

      Captivate is not perfect as well, Galaxy II not perfect..............

      BTW glass is outdated by years
      the newest tech is coming, flexible phones, phones that will roll up, How come APple has not developed this current tech is beyond me, Samsung is............ Soon it may be Apple copying


      InAVate - Touchscreens roll up after graphene breakthrough








      Last one does not look like any iPhone I have seen
      What are you going on about? All I said was that the PACKAGING for the GS2 looked similar to the iphONe's (look I can use the shift key too.) and since you're obviously looking for an argument, I'll give you one. Who would want a phone that is like a piece of paper?? I don't want or need to roll up my phone. That is completely stupid. And I like how you bash the iPhone one minute and then say that you love it the next.
    1. MYPHONEI's Avatar
      MYPHONEI -
      Quote Originally Posted by ipodtouchman77 View Post
      What are you going on about? All I said was that the PACKAGING for the GS2 looked similar to the iphONe's (look I can use the shift key too.) and since you're obviously looking for an argument, I'll give you one. Who would want a phone that is like a piece of paper?? I don't want or need to roll up my phone. That is completely stupid. And I like how you bash the iPhone one minute and then say that you love it the next.
      not an argument you want to claim everyone copies from apple and thats just Bull
      Apple did not have the first touch screen phone with apps and store
      Palm did
      Did apple copy palms idea?

      As far as the new tech of bendable screens rolling up and such
      Millions if not billions will have them
      No more easy to break screens
      Super light
      Any way life calls and trying to discuss with some people is useless
      iPhone was marketed well
      Its iOS needs more work still

      Yes i4 and 2 3GS in family so I have iPhones
    1. indyracer05's Avatar
      indyracer05 -
      Quote Originally Posted by rlowride View Post
      I'm not an apple fanboy. I own one apple product. My ip4. Those commercials are funny to me in more than one way. I'd never wait online for anything like that. Second, I work at a big company, and have friends who use android phones....
      First, there is too many, too often to know if you are getting a good one, second... They all feel like cheap plastic toys. Not to mention, alot don't have the good touch response.
      Just not for me. The iPhone just looks, feels, uses, better

      +1 they do feel like cheap toys and the response is sooooo slow
    1. iPod's Avatar
      iPod -
      Quote Originally Posted by MYPHONEI View Post
      not an argument you want to claim everyone copies from apple and thats just Bull
      Apple did not have the first touch screen phone with apps and store
      Palm did
      Did apple copy palms idea?

      As far as the new tech of bendable screens rolling up and such
      Millions if not billions will have them
      No more easy to break screens
      Super light
      Any way life calls and trying to discuss with some people is useless
      iPhone was marketed well
      Its iOS needs more work still

      Yes i4 and 2 3GS in family so I have iPhones
      Sorry, I must have missed where I said that EVERYONE copies Apple. Please show me where. Oh wait, I didn't. You just keep trying to make arguments, but all of your arguments are total redundant to what a person that you are replying to says.
    1. SergeantMAC's Avatar
      SergeantMAC -
      I consider myself a mild fanboy and I think the ads are funny. Some of u take things too serious. Lighten up.
    1. Silverado1987's Avatar
      Silverado1987 -
      i dont get it really. the fact that he already has the galaxy 2 or the fact that samsung had cloud first or what. the reason he has a samsung is because there was no line to get one lol jk apple fans dont care about vacation time or feeling in their legs. i apologize i dont understand it or cared to pay attention lol. i love my apple and am willing to try other phones but after using my moms phone for a whole day i was so relieved to use my iphone again. android is blurry and very laggy for some reason i dont know why. i cant live without the retina screen.
    1. RICO_'s Avatar
      RICO_ -
      Quote Originally Posted by NegativeBeef View Post

      Buying the skyrocket was your first mistake. Why didn't you get the regular GSII? It has a faster GPU & CPU as well as having something like 30% better battery life. There's a reason why it's called the Sh*trocket.
      I bought the Skyrocket because San Antonio has LTE and I wanted to get a phone compatible with it. Also the GS2 was not on display in AT&T stores and I'm not a fan of buying things without seeing them first.

      Quote Originally Posted by NegativeBeef View Post

      You bought Samsung's WORST current gen phone and have the nerve to turnaround and say that you weren't impressed? Sorry that's 100% your fault.
      Thank you Captain Obvious. I'm well aware that it is 100% my fault......THAT'S WHY I RETURNED IT AND GOT MY 4S. I wanted to give Android a try because I was having issues with my first 4S. And since the Skyrocket was to new for any credible user reviews I obviously couldn't have known it was their worst phone until I used it for myself.

      I made a choice and it turned out to be a mistake. So I corrected it. Name one person who's never made a bad choice or a mistake.

      Quote Originally Posted by Stryker1 View Post
      Why would you buy a phone that is not the latest and try to compare it to a phone that is latest for Apple? Dude, make comparisons that match and are head to head, not the Sh*trocket and iPhone 4s!!

      Stryker1
      Seriously? The Skyrocket came out AFTER the iPhone 4S. I'm not trying to do a head to head against Apple. I'm just saying that I wasn't impressed with that particular Android phone and why I wasn't impressed.
    1. Borsato92's Avatar
      Borsato92 -
      I wish Samsung would grow the F*** up.
    1. CMartins's Avatar
      CMartins -
      Quote Originally Posted by MYPHONEI View Post
      Damm I can't have my opinion too? Of course not Apple fans only post............WOW

      yes the Android OS needs work

      How about all the problems with iOS? Oh its OK because its the sacred Apple. Why don't you give me a break
      Both OS's need work, I never even mentioned that. I was reffering to your "95% hype". There is nothing wrong with prefering Lion over windows or any other OS. And if people are willing to pay then maybe that means it's not just hype. The truth is that Apple laptops sell like candy. Apple has only a few products compared to say Samsung, my question is if Samsung had such system going on, would they do it as well as Apple does? I don't know but I do think you should give Apple some credit. They attempted something and succeded. And it's not due to hype it's due to actually knowing what you are doing product wise. You may say it is marketing but I'm more inclined to say it's trying to achive something good and guess what, some people noticed that and bought their products and now Apple is worth what it is.