• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Pod2G: Chronic Dev Team's Untethered iOS 5 Jailbreak Will Work On iOS 5.0.1 Too!

    Pod2G has another thing that will put a smile on your faces!

    Use iFaith and save your APticket for iOS 5.0. And then....Pod2G has confirmed via Twitter that the Chronic Dev Team's untethered jailbreak for iOS 5 will in fact work on iOS 5.0.1. I suggest that anyone using iOS 4 still upgrades to iOS 5.0.1 so that you won't be trapped in the upcoming iOS 5.1 update. That will in fact not be supported with this tool.

    We reported earlier today that the Chronic Dev Team has working untethered jailbreak for iOS 5 but he said was only for iOS 5.0. It seems that after some further testing, they have been able to discern that the tool will work not only on iOS 5.0 but also on iOS 5.0.1. Because of this, you don't need to worry about being on iOS 5.0, and you can simply upgrade and get rid of the annoying OTA (Over The Air) update badge. You can also take upgrading to your advantage, because you will be able to restore to factory settings and have a nice fresh jailbreak from scratch all over again!

    Pod2G also claims that he will be testing the newer A5 devices next. Keep your fingers crossed ladies and gentlemen, this is Apple's and the Jailbreak Developers' judgement day.

    Sources: Pod2G
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Pod2G: Chronic Dev Team's Untethered iOS 5 Jailbreak Will Work On iOS 5.0.1 Too! started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 110 Comments
    1. Kenaldaii's Avatar
      Kenaldaii -
      Quote Originally Posted by DoWoRkSoN View Post
      Does the latest Redsn0w let you tethered JB on 5.0.1??? I'm running iOS 5 right now on iPhone 4 with tethered JB.
      Yes It Does And So Does Sn0wBreeze
    1. spooneditr's Avatar
      spooneditr -
      Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
      Go for it. You can always downgrade back to iOS 4.3.3 if you need to.
      Is there a guide for going from 5.0.1 to 4.3.3.. In sitting at 4.3.3 on iPhone waiting to k ow how so I could do it
    1. Aceklub's Avatar
      Aceklub -
      Quote Originally Posted by metaserph View Post
      Thanks Dazman, I resolved it yesterday in that way.

      you say it worked for you what exactly did you do to make it work bc I'm n the same boat...
    1. metaserph's Avatar
      metaserph -
      I updated to 5.01 AFTER saving blobs and apticket with iFaith. Then I opened Redsn0w, selected the 5.0 ipsw (NOT the 5.01) and ran the jailbreak. Then I shut off the phone, went back and re-selected the 5.0 ipsw and Just Boot-ed. You need to boot after selecting the 5.0 and you will be on 5.0.1 jb'd.
    1. Aceklub's Avatar
      Aceklub -
      Quote Originally Posted by metaserph View Post
      I updated to 5.01 AFTER saving blobs and apticket with iFaith. Then I opened Redsn0w, selected the 5.0 ipsw (NOT the 5.01) and ran the jailbreak. Then I shut off the phone, went back and re-selected the 5.0 ipsw and Just Boot-ed. You need to boot after selecting the 5.0 and you will be on 5.0.1 jb'd.

      ok im NOT new to jbing but i still have no idea of blobs and aptickets and saving them are. Ive seen the iFaith stuff but what is that going to do for me and can i jus update and jb without saving those and if I do what will I lose.
    1. Aceklub's Avatar
      Aceklub -
      Quote Originally Posted by metaserph View Post

      yea i jus read that... thx
    1. GellBrake'rrrr's Avatar
      GellBrake'rrrr -
      Quote Originally Posted by Aceklub View Post
      you say it worked for you what exactly did you do to make it work bc I'm n the same boat...
      Make sure that you select the custom ipsw before you do the "just boot tethered" or you will get an error message every time. If your phone doesn't boot up with a pwnapple instead of an apple, you've missed a step.
    1. Aceklub's Avatar
      Aceklub -
      Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
      Yeah. Macs can run Windows.

      yea Macs can run windows but i read that iFaith will not work when running parallel for Windows, and I have tried and have been stumped so is there any other option bc parallel is the only way that I know how to run Windows on my iMac

      thx

      Quote Originally Posted by GellBrake'rrrr View Post
      Make sure that you select the custom ipsw before you do the "just boot tethered" or you will get an error message every time. If your phone doesn't boot up with a pwnapple instead of an apple, you've missed a step.
      thx
    1. Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
      Anthony Bouchard -
      Quote Originally Posted by Aceklub View Post
      yea Macs can run windows but i read that iFaith will not work when running parallel for Windows, and I have tried and have been stumped so is there any other option bc parallel is the only way that I know how to run Windows on my iMac

      thx
      I ran it with Bootcamp.
    1. spooneditr's Avatar
      spooneditr -
      I can't update from 4.3.3 to 5.0.1 keep saying error 3194... This isn't good huh?
      I know I used I faith to backup and TU also to back up info.. Started thinking maybe it was that tool to send info to the dev team but I was able to sync 2 days ago right before I bought my iPhone 4s... Maybe 5.0.1 isn't signed anymore?
    1. charliebee's Avatar
      charliebee -
      Stop saying this is Chronic Dev Team's work! Pod2g left the team over a year ago!

      He also didn't say it was working on 5.0.1, he said he was starting to work to port his exploit to 5.0.1. and once that's done, he will start to work on iPad 2 and iPhone 4S. https://twitter.com/#!/pod2g/status/145128295950856192
    1. smrr's Avatar
      smrr -
      Quote Originally Posted by spooneditr View Post
      I can't update from 4.3.3 to 5.0.1 keep saying error 3194... This isn't good huh?
      I know I used I faith to backup and TU also to back up info.. Started thinking maybe it was that tool to send info to the dev team but I was able to sync 2 days ago right before I bought my iPhone 4s... Maybe 5.0.1 isn't signed anymore?
      I just restored my 5.0.1 couple of hours back. Apple is signing this atm.
    1. spooneditr's Avatar
      spooneditr -
      Quote Originally Posted by smrr View Post
      I just restored my 5.0.1 couple of hours back. Apple is signing this atm.

      I wonder what my issue was because it still gives me same error. I looked it up an did all the steps ape said.
    1. Simon's Avatar
      Simon -
      Quote Originally Posted by spooneditr View Post
      I wonder what my issue was because it still gives me same error. I looked it up an did all the steps ape said.
      Its your hosts file. Do this to correct it:
      Open tiny umbrella
      Click on advanced
      deselect the box that says "set hosts to cydia on exit"
      Close tiny umbrella and proceed with the restore
    1. MYPHONEI's Avatar
      MYPHONEI -
      Quote Originally Posted by Aceklub View Post
      ok im NOT new to jbing but i still have no idea of blobs and aptickets and saving them are. Ive seen the iFaith stuff but what is that going to do for me and can i jus update and jb without saving those and if I do what will I lose.
      New Tiny Umbrella saves them too

      I have saved using both and custom Built too just to be ready
    1. smrr's Avatar
      smrr -
      Quote Originally Posted by spooneditr View Post
      I wonder what my issue was because it still gives me same error. I looked it up an did all the steps ape said.
      did u modify your hosts files at any time before?
    1. Selwin Snape's Avatar
      Selwin Snape -
      Untethered jailbreak out by pod2g. Check out his blog!
    1. Simon's Avatar
      Simon -
      Quote Originally Posted by Selwin Snape View Post
      Untethered jailbreak out by pod2g. Check out his blog!
      It is not out yet.
    1. spooneditr's Avatar
      spooneditr -
      Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
      Its your hosts file. Do this to correct it:
      Open tiny umbrella
      Click on advanced
      deselect the box that says "set hosts to cydia on exit"
      Close tiny umbrella and proceed with the restore

      Thanks.. It worked also and I actually figured this out alittle bit ago