• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Pod2G: Chronic Dev Team's Untethered iOS 5 Jailbreak Will Work On iOS 5.0.1 Too!

    Pod2G has another thing that will put a smile on your faces!

    Use iFaith and save your APticket for iOS 5.0. And then....Pod2G has confirmed via Twitter that the Chronic Dev Team's untethered jailbreak for iOS 5 will in fact work on iOS 5.0.1. I suggest that anyone using iOS 4 still upgrades to iOS 5.0.1 so that you won't be trapped in the upcoming iOS 5.1 update. That will in fact not be supported with this tool.

    We reported earlier today that the Chronic Dev Team has working untethered jailbreak for iOS 5 but he said was only for iOS 5.0. It seems that after some further testing, they have been able to discern that the tool will work not only on iOS 5.0 but also on iOS 5.0.1. Because of this, you don't need to worry about being on iOS 5.0, and you can simply upgrade and get rid of the annoying OTA (Over The Air) update badge. You can also take upgrading to your advantage, because you will be able to restore to factory settings and have a nice fresh jailbreak from scratch all over again!

    Pod2G also claims that he will be testing the newer A5 devices next. Keep your fingers crossed ladies and gentlemen, this is Apple's and the Jailbreak Developers' judgement day.

    Sources: Pod2G
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Pod2G: Chronic Dev Team's Untethered iOS 5 Jailbreak Will Work On iOS 5.0.1 Too! started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 110 Comments
    1. Hedrush's Avatar
      Hedrush -
      Good news! I wait patiently for the 4S testing. Damn I hope it works.
    1. bigrog74's Avatar
      bigrog74 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Hedrush View Post
      Good news! I wait patiently for the 4S testing. Damn I hope it works.
      +1 Can't wait. I miss having a jailbrak!
    1. ******Mother's Avatar
      ******Mother -
      This is even better news than the lakers hornets trade being nixed. Time to activate my twitter to follow the progress toward a 4S jb
    1. DoWoRkSoN's Avatar
      DoWoRkSoN -
      Does the latest Redsn0w let you tethered JB on 5.0.1??? I'm running iOS 5 right now on iPhone 4 with tethered JB.
    1. GrandMstrBud's Avatar
      GrandMstrBud -
      It would be nice to update my iPad 2 to iOS 5. Still paitently waiting for a jailbreak for it.
    1. ChSchuldiner's Avatar
      ChSchuldiner -
      Yes yes yes!!!
    1. TheBaddestiPod's Avatar
      TheBaddestiPod -
      When I first saw this tweet, I read it as "(I) Will work on 5.0.1" not as "(IT) will work on 5.0.1"...but that's AWESOME news if that's the case! I recently restored because my phone had been messing up, and was forced into 5.0.1. CANT WAIT FOR THIS UNTETHER!
    1. racosta225's Avatar
      racosta225 -
      I'm new to jailbreaking and have a question. I currently have IOS 5 on my Iphone 4 with the tethered jailbreak. Is it possible to jailbreak over a jailbreak? For example, when the untethered jailbreak is released, can I run it over the tethered jailbreak that is already on my phone or do I always have to update/restore to take off the current jailbreak first?
    1. Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
      Anthony Bouchard -
      Quote Originally Posted by racosta225 View Post
      I'm new to jailbreaking and have a question. I currently have IOS 5 on my Iphone 4 with the tethered jailbreak. Is it possible to jailbreak over a jailbreak? For example, when the untethered jailbreak is released, can I run it over the tethered jailbreak that is already on my phone or do I always have to update/restore to take off the current jailbreak first?
      Yes, but there's no reason to.
    1. xNEOxGENESISx's Avatar
      xNEOxGENESISx -
      keep your fingers crossed ladies and gentlemen, this is apple's and the jailbreak developers' judgement day.
      爻(  ̄▽ ̄)爻( ̄▽ ̄ )爻(  ̄▽ ̄)爻( ̄▽ ̄ )爻(  ̄▽ ̄)爻( ̄▽ ̄ )爻(  ̄▽ ̄)爻 ( ̄▽ ̄ )爻
      bring it on!!!
    1. lite4d's Avatar
      lite4d -
      Any word on Apple TV2?
    1. implode's Avatar
      implode -
      Quote Originally Posted by DoWoRkSoN View Post
      Does the latest Redsn0w let you tethered JB on 5.0.1??? I'm running iOS 5 right now on iPhone 4 with tethered JB.
      Yes - but you have to download and select the appropriate 5.0 IPSW. It does not natively handle 5.0.1. I am running semi-tether on 5.0.1 on my CDMA iP4.
    1. drog92's Avatar
      drog92 -
      Quote Originally Posted by TheBaddestiPod View Post
      When I first saw this tweet, I read it as "(I) Will work on 5.0.1" not as "(IT) will work on 5.0.1"...but that's AWESOME news if that's the case! I recently restored because my phone had been messing up, and was forced into 5.0.1. CANT WAIT FOR THIS UNTETHER!
      yes i am going to have to agree with you, i think he means he will work on it, not it will work.... i read this and was like if @pod2g read this.....
    1. vantheman169's Avatar
      vantheman169 -
      Quote Originally Posted by DoWoRkSoN View Post
      Does the latest Redsn0w let you tethered JB on 5.0.1??? I'm running iOS 5 right now on iPhone 4 with tethered JB.
      My iPad 1 has a tethered JB on iOS 5.0.1. So to answer your question. Yes.
    1. ady199's Avatar
      ady199 -
      Please, please, please support the iPhone 4s/iPad 2
    1. TheBaddestiPod's Avatar
      TheBaddestiPod -
      Quote Originally Posted by racosta225 View Post
      I'm new to jailbreaking and have a question. I currently have IOS 5 on my Iphone 4 with the tethered jailbreak. Is it possible to jailbreak over a jailbreak? For example, when the untethered jailbreak is released, can I run it over the tethered jailbreak that is already on my phone or do I always have to update/restore to take off the current jailbreak first?
      I remember reading a while back, when the first tethered JB came out for iOS 5, someone asked the same thing via Twitter and one of the Dev Team members said you would have to restore to stock, and then re-jailbreak, and you could not just jailbreak over your current jailbreak. I am sure when the untethered is released, they will let you know if that's the case!
    1. racosta225's Avatar
      racosta225 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
      Yes, but there's no reason to.
      In this case does a person run into any problems jailbreaking over an already jailbroken phone?

      Quote Originally Posted by TheBaddestiPod View Post
      I remember reading a while back, when the first tethered JB came out for iOS 5, someone asked the same thing via Twitter and one of the Dev Team members said you would have to restore to stock, and then re-jailbreak, and you could not just jailbreak over your current jailbreak. I am sure when the untethered is released, they will let you know if that's the case!
      This helps alot, thanks for your help!
    1. Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
      Anthony Bouchard -
      Quote Originally Posted by racosta225 View Post
      In this case does a person run into any problems jailbreaking over an already jailbroken phone?



      This helps alot, thanks for your help!
      There usually aren't any problems, but having arbitrary programs running over existing ones can cause instability.
    1. teej1410's Avatar
      teej1410 -
      Is there a way to save the APticket on a Mac???
    1. racosta225's Avatar
      racosta225 -
      Does anyone know when the IOS 5.1 update is supposed to be released? This article says that we should update to IOS 5.0.1 right away but my only concern with doing that is I don't know when this untethered JB is going to be released. I'm guessing by updating now I would only have to deal with not having my phone jailbroken for a few weeks. That's probably worth it, right?