• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Source: iPad 3 with Retina Display Coming in 60 Days


    We may be approximately two months away from the introduction of Apple's iPad 3, which will bring with it the arrival of retina display to the popular Apple tablet.

    This is according to the latest report from prominent Citi analyst Richard Gardner. Pointing to "several sources," Gardner says the next iPad will debut in February and deliver a screen with twice the current resolution of the iPad 2.

    In a research note to investors, Gardner says "there do not appear to be any significant technical hurdles remaining" to inhibit the iPad 3 launch in late winter. It remains to be seen, however, if consumers will have to wait until March before the iPad 3 is shipped. A March roll out would put the iPad 3 exactly one year removed from the iPad 2's debut.

    For the December quarter, Gardner believes Apple will have sold approximately 13 million iPads. That's a whole lot of buyers who, presumably, won't be happy about owning the "old model" only weeks after they purchased it.

    Source: Business Insider
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Source: iPad 3 with Retina Display Coming in 60 Days started by Michael Essany View original post
    Comments 32 Comments
    1. Dazz187s's Avatar
      Dazz187s -
      Better display?

      Need more then just sharper colors to cough up $600.
    1. jacobzking's Avatar
      jacobzking -
      Quote Originally Posted by Dazz187s View Post
      Better display?

      Need more then just sharper colors to cough up $600.
      i'm sure it will not only feature a newer display, also include a 56k modem
    1. posrjak's Avatar
      posrjak -
      You will get Suri, I am sure.
    1. Chad711's Avatar
      Chad711 -
      It's not rocket science here. iPad 1 and 2 released 1 year apart as well. These type of stories crack me up. Good job "analyst" lol
    1. mmaboi21's Avatar
      mmaboi21 -
      I would love retina display.
    1. smuj29's Avatar
      smuj29 -
      It SHOULD have retina display, Siri, both cameras to be better, possibly a tad faster, sleeker edges maybe thats just for starters, it needs to feel new not just a bit better........
    1. Phillip Swanson's Avatar
      Phillip Swanson -
      Quote Originally Posted by jacobzking View Post
      i'm sure it will not only feature a newer display, also include a 56k modem
      Best. Feature. Ever.
    1. Kil0111's Avatar
      Kil0111 -
      Quote Originally Posted by jacobzking View Post
      i'm sure it will not only feature a newer display, also include a 56k modem
      wtf? I heard floppy drive...
    1. jl1's Avatar
      jl1 -
      1st gen iPads better come down in price! People on Craigslist are ridiculous!
    1. southfrisco's Avatar
      southfrisco -
      Quote Originally Posted by smuj29 View Post
      It SHOULD have retina display, Siri, both cameras to be better, possibly a tad faster, sleeker edges maybe thats just for starters, it needs to feel new not just a bit better........
      You have to think Apple. They always want differences between hardware. iPhone 4S has Siri (beta). Why would they add it to iPad 3 while it is still in beta? Also they would have to update the app to work on a new retina display for the iPad 3 again while the software is still in beta? Nope I would take a stab that it would be on the iPad 4 more likely.

      This is all speculation anyway but I see a retina display on the iPad 3 to be enough of a difference to sell the hardware from older iPad models. I would guess the hardware design will remain untouched for the next generation as they seem to be keeping the same body design for at least two years on iPhone models since the 3G came out. Remember they pretty much own the market right now. They don't need to do a lot to keep business flowing as the tablet market has few competitors at this stage. Tablets are getting better but we are probably a year away from anyone making a real iPad total package competitor.
    1. Zokunei's Avatar
      Zokunei -
      Sounds a lot like the article "iPad 2 with Retina Display Coming Soon". I wonder if they're the same source? Why do we need Business Insider to tell us Apple is thinking about Increasing the resolution? That should just be assumed.

      Disclaimer: I'm knocking these "sources", not MMi or its writers.
    1. smuj29's Avatar
      smuj29 -
      Quote Originally Posted by southfrisco View Post
      You have to think Apple. They always want differences between hardware. iPhone 4S has Siri (beta). Why would they add it to iPad 3 while it is still in beta? Also they would have to update the app to work on a new retina display for the iPad 3 again while the software is still in beta? Nope I would take a stab that it would be on the iPad 4 more likely.

      This is all speculation anyway but I see a retina display on the iPad 3 to be enough of a difference to sell the hardware from older iPad models. I would guess the hardware design will remain untouched for the next generation as they seem to be keeping the same body design for at least two years on iPhone models since the 3G came out. Remember they pretty much own the market right now. They don't need to do a lot to keep business flowing as the tablet market has few competitors at this stage. Tablets are getting better but we are probably a year away from anyone making a real iPad total package competitor.
      Thats a fair one, makes sense when you lay it out, sounds like them, new generation iPad and all they add is a retina display its almost a display of there power in the device market, cameras need a game changer, ive seen better on a calculator.
    1. koreanmasters99's Avatar
      koreanmasters99 -
      it better be a quad core processor.
      more RAM, removable battery, jailbreakable, and most of all
      it gotta be 4G service. not the 3G.
    1. Zokunei's Avatar
      Zokunei -
      Quote Originally Posted by smuj29 View Post
      Thats a fair one, makes sense when you lay it out, sounds like them, new generation iPad and all they add is a retina display its almost a display of there power in the device market, cameras need a game changer, ive seen better on a calculator.
      Is Siri still going to be in beta in sixty days?
    1. avenger's Avatar
      avenger -
      and have a glass backing like iphone 4 so when you drop it it will shatter into pieces
    1. trevorrawson's Avatar
      trevorrawson -
      Quote Originally Posted by jacobzking View Post
      i'm sure it will not only feature a newer display, also include a 56k modem
      I'll admit...I'm an apple fan boy. But this made my day

      Apple should wait until september. I'm sure it would help their sales (as if they need it) to push it out before Christmas. Plus all those who just purchased one wouldn't be upset. And to put one out in March and then again in September would piss off even more people. Once they get one out in September then get back on the every year track. Just my two cents...
    1. Greatbiguns's Avatar
      Greatbiguns -
      Quote Originally Posted by smuj29 View Post
      It SHOULD have retina display, Siri, both cameras to be better, possibly a tad faster, sleeker edges maybe thats just for starters, it needs to feel new not just a bit better........

      Sign me up, I'll take 2
    1. spider_romeo's Avatar
      spider_romeo -
      If iPad3 have stereo speakers is good to buy...
    1. Senyaichiya's Avatar
      Senyaichiya -
      Skimming all these comments reminds me of the Samsung commercials.
      (other than the modem and floppy drive comments.)
    1. Mjolnir1134's Avatar
      Mjolnir1134 -
      I'm gonna LMAO when Apple settles for 1280x960 displays and calls it "retinaHD".

      Sales will still go through the galaxy cluster. Fanny-frustrated macfans will be all over the youtubes.