• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Apple Brings TV Show Downloads to Canadian Apple TV Users

    Apple has granted Canadians the ability to download and watch TV shows on Apple TV.

    Apple TV is Apple's answer to television entertainment. It's basically an internet box capable of streaming internet and computer content to your television set. It has some built in features that you need to pay monthly for including Netflix. Additionally, you can buy entertainment through iTunes as downloads or rentals at your own convenience to watch with your family.

    I didn't even know this, but apparently, Canada was secluded from being able to download and watch TV shows on Apple TV. It wasn't until today that Apple changed that and now Canadians can download and watch TV shows on their own Apple TV entertainment systems.

    The update comes to Apple TV's in Canada as an OTA (Over The Air) update allowing the new feature to their systems. Downloading any episodes costs anywhere between $0.00 and $2.49 and doesn't include any kind of renting system as 9to5Mac reports.

    Do we have any Canadian Apple TV users here at Modmyi? Share in the comments below!

    Sources: 9to5Mac
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Apple Brings TV Show Downloads to Canadian Apple TV Users started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 8 Comments
    1. Jastra's Avatar
      Jastra -
      Proud American.... But I love my apple tv.
    1. flash66's Avatar
      flash66 -
      Ay? I now have tv ay! Don't ya know, ay?
    1. lfc_'s Avatar
      lfc_ -
      It's also available to Australian users now!
    1. bigbaba's Avatar
      bigbaba -
      Quote Originally Posted by flash66 View Post
      Ay? I now have tv ay! Don't ya know, ay?
      Actually it's spelled "eh?". At least you spelled tv right!
    1. MikeThomson's Avatar
      MikeThomson -
      Quote Originally Posted by bigbaba View Post
      Actually it's spelled "eh?". At least you spelled tv right!
      Lolz
    1. sdubb112's Avatar
      sdubb112 -
      I am a canadian Apple TV user and this comes as a great suprise that they wouldn't have had this originally. My question is if you buy a season pass for a TV show will you be able to take advantage of new episodes released weekly? Or will you only be restricted to still buying per episode? I'm sure Apple is no dummy and will allow this feature.
      I am out of town and won't be able to see this new update until I arrive home so the forum is my best bet. I just really hate the restrictions Canadians are put on for veiwing American content. As far as I am concerned the Americans benefit from Apple the most and have certain shows available earlier if at all than Canadians recieve. Unless you Un-block the ip or jailbreak.
    1. flash66's Avatar
      flash66 -
      Quote Originally Posted by bigbaba View Post
      Actually it's spelled "eh?". At least you spelled tv right!
      You're so clever eh? Seriously? tom AY to, tom eh to. :/
    1. NickFerguson's Avatar
      NickFerguson -
      Quote Originally Posted by flash66 View Post
      Ay? I now have tv ay! Don't ya know, ay?
      Lol, stupid Yank.. I'm Canadian and find it hilarious you guys think we always say "eh". I suppose we all live in igloos and the only way of transport is by dog sled? No joke I've met people from the U.S who asked me if that's how we lived.

      Quote Originally Posted by sdubb112 View Post
      I am a canadian Apple TV user and this comes as a great suprise that they wouldn't have had this originally. My question is if you buy a season pass for a TV show will you be able to take advantage of new episodes released weekly? Or will you only be restricted to still buying per episode? I'm sure Apple is no dummy and will allow this feature.
      I am out of town and won't be able to see this new update until I arrive home so the forum is my best bet. I just really hate the restrictions Canadians are put on for veiwing American content. As far as I am concerned the Americans benefit from Apple the most and have certain shows available earlier if at all than Canadians recieve. Unless you Un-block the ip or jailbreak.
      Same deal with Netflix man. We have sh*t all