MuscleNerd is looking for Mac users to help test the "Jailbreak Monte" 4.2.1 untethered jailbreak, which the Dev-Team is pushing out this weekend ahead of @comex's more extensible method. If you have an iPhone4, iPad, or iPod touch 4G and are interested in redsn0w 0.9.7b1, be aware that it is beta code, and it's very possible that things can go wrong. Make sure you have all your media backed up just in case. You'll need to have 4.2b3 SHSH hashes saved on Cydia (no pirate versions!) and if you're using the ultrasn0w carrier unlock, you should avoid this beta.
Here's some notes from the Dev-Team Blog:
- This is a beta tester program. Itís not a general release! Things can go very wrong, so please donít even consider testing if you have pictures or other media on your device that you havenít backed up!
- For the same reason, please donít participate if you rely on the ultrasn0w carrier unlock. Wait for the final version!
- Until we fix some sandbox issues with bluetooth, the bluetooth functionality is disabled.
- This very first beta1 is limited to iPhone4, iPad, and iPod touch 4G.
- Cydia must have your 4.2b3 SHSH blobs saved on file. (As we approach a general release, weíll provide a way to let you use locally saved hashes too).
- You must already have the usbmuxd software installed and running on your Mac (this requirement will eventually go away too). The correct invocation of the relay is just as that page says: ď./tcprelay.py -t 22:2222Ē. If the relay isnít installed or running correctly by the time the redsn0w ramdisk has started, youíll need to restore to stock FW again to try it again. Please test it beforehand to save yourself some time!