Enhance iOS 5 album functionality in the Photos.app with PhotoAlbums+.
Prior to iOS 5's incorporation of albums in Photos, PhotoAlbums+ was the only way of creating folders and organizing your pictures directly from your iOS device (available only for jailbroken devices). Now that iOS 5 is public and folder creation is available for free, many may question the validity or relevance of PhotoAlbums+. The SpiritOfLogic didn't take this issue as a setback and enhanced PhotoAlbums+ to go hand in hand with iOS 5 and added more features as the icing. It brought its staple private album and protection capabilities to iOS 5 and improved the whole application significantly. Way to fight back!
The full list of changes to PhotoAlbums+ is below:
- Full iOS 5 integration (stock-design integration as well)
- Move photos to existing or new album (on top of the add (copy) function that iOS 5 introduces)
- Private albums tab (can be protected by single password)
- Protect individual albums with individual passwords
- Improved USB mapping (can copy albums off your device onto a PC)
(Any settings for PhotoAlbums+ will be found in Settings -> PhotoAlbums+)
For existing owners, this upgrade is free; new buyers will need to pay $4.99. Compatibility is the full shebang - all iOS devices.
Price: $4.99 (iPhone/iPod), $6.99 (iPad)
(For firmwares < iOS 5, nothing has changed although an update will show up in Cydia when the time comes. Still update anyway)
To get a full run-down on what PhotoAlbums+ for iOS 5 has to offer, watch this video below (courtesy of Jerry Adams of SpiritOfLogic):
You have an opportunity to win one of 10 copies of PhotoAlbums+, courtesy of the SpiritOfLogic team. Here's how you can enter; and of course, spread the word far and wide:
- Follow @ModMyi
- Follow @iRealSMS
- Follow @joshmtucker
- Tweet from the site or retweet off of ModMyi's Twitter feed with "Win a copy of PhotoAlbums+." You must include your Cydia Account number, a link to article, as well as a mention to me (@joshmtucker).
Note: Please do not "directly" mention me. That does not help the cause whatsoever. Here's an example in terms of format (look above to know what you need to tweet out):
"Win a copy... @joshmtucker" NOT "@joshmtucker Win a copy..."
- Comment on this article with one way you think PhotoAlbums+ could be improved.
- Include your Cydia Account Number in the comment
The winners will be announced on Saturday, November 26th. The Twitter users will be announced on Twitter and the comment winners will get a private message from me saying they won. If you don't get a private message from me on Saturday, then sorry!
Source: SpiritOfLogic, PhotoAlbums+ for iOS 5 - Video