Enhance iOS 5 album functionality in the Photos.app with PhotoAlbums+.
Prior to iOS 5's incorporation of albums in Photos, PhotoAlbums+ was the only way of creating folders and organizing your pictures directly from your iOS device (available only for jailbroken devices). Now that iOS 5 is public and folder creation is available for free, many may question the validity or relevance of PhotoAlbums+. The SpiritOfLogic didn't take this issue as a setback and enhanced PhotoAlbums+ to go hand in hand with iOS 5 and added more features as the icing. It brought its staple private album and protection capabilities to iOS 5 and improved the whole application significantly. Way to fight back!
The full list of changes to PhotoAlbums+ is below:
- Full iOS 5 integration (stock-design integration as well)
- Move photos to existing or new album (on top of the add (copy) function that iOS 5 introduces)
- Private albums tab (can be protected by single password)
- Protect individual albums with individual passwords
- Improved USB mapping (can copy albums off your device onto a PC)
For existing owners, this upgrade is free; new buyers will need to pay $4.99. Compatibility is the full shebang - all iOS devices.
Price: $4.99 (iPhone/iPod), $6.99 (iPad)
(For firmwares < iOS 5, nothing has changed although an update will show up in Cydia when the time comes. Still update anyway)
To get a full run-down on what PhotoAlbums+ for iOS 5 has to offer, watch this video below (courtesy of Jerry Adams of SpiritOfLogic):
You have an opportunity to win one of 10 copies of PhotoAlbums+, courtesy of the SpiritOfLogic team. Here's how you can enter; and of course, spread the word far and wide:
- Follow @ModMyi
- Follow @iRealSMS
- Follow @joshmtucker
- Tweet from the site or retweet off of ModMyi's Twitter feed with "Win a copy of PhotoAlbums+." You must include your Cydia Account number, a link to article, as well as a mention to me (@joshmtucker).
Note: Please do not "directly" mention me. That does not help the cause whatsoever. Here's an example in terms of format (look above to know what you need to tweet out):
"Win a copy... @joshmtucker" NOT "@joshmtucker Win a copy..."
- Comment on this article with one way you think PhotoAlbums+ could be improved.
- Include your Cydia Account Number in the comment
Source: SpiritOfLogic, PhotoAlbums+ for iOS 5 - Video