• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Samsung Takes Another Jab at Apple With New Galaxy S II Ad


    Samsung seems to be taking another jab at Apple and those who use Apple products with its new ad. In the new advertisement, the Galaxy SII’s larger screen and 4G speeds cause Apple fans to appear as whiny and mindless drones. Apple enthusiasts come off as the type of people who typically stand in line for days, get confused with rumors, and think linearly despite calling themselves “creative.” The advertisement is quite hilarious and I recommend that you watch it below:



    What Samsung did here is quite funny and to a certain extent, it does portray how some Apple enthusiasts behave. The ad seems to be Samsung’s counter to the ever growing popularity of the iPhone but I don’t think that this is the right way to do it. Trying to brag about your device and being snarky while doing so won’t really win over more customers but to an extent (at least in my opinion).

    What did you think of the ad? Did you find it as hilarious as I did? Share any thoughts and opinions below!

    Source: SamsungMobileUSA
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Samsung Takes Another Jab at Apple With New Galaxy S II Ad started by Akshay Masand View original post
    Comments 113 Comments
    1. Victor_inox's Avatar
      Victor_inox -
      Did you noticed that everyone in lane in the same age group? same average size and dull expression on their faces?I love my iPhone but I want a bigger screen, I don`t give a *&^% about apple reasons not to make one.I played with Samsung 5" player at Bestbuy and I WANT 5" SCREEN PHONE. You hear me Apple!?!?! Not every iDevice user is flat chested nerd with tiny palms and short fingers, I can reach 5" screen corners with one hand. Let me try again...... I WANT a bigger screen and I`ll ditch my iPhone and get Samsung Note AS SOON AS IT AVAILABLE IN US.
    1. Maxtor182's Avatar
      Maxtor182 -
      My 2 year old can use my iPhone. My dad can't use his galaxyII
    1. csglinux's Avatar
      csglinux -
      Chill eZStaR. That's a funny advert :-)
    1. pcrussell50's Avatar
      pcrussell50 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Maxtor182 View Post
      It's all performance vs features. I have nothing against Samsung besides the fact that they don't have any original ideas.
      original ideas? puh-lease. no large corporation has truly original ideas. not even apple. name for us an original idea on the iphone? touch screen? nope. apps? nope. the ability to play video and music on a smartphone? nope. every one of those things was been there, done that, before the iphone came out. what you probably meant to say was not that apple has original ideas, but that they have exceptionally good execution of ideas brought by others. there's no shame in that, because that still means they make the best products. but if you're a real apple fan, (since before the fad began), you are embarrassed by drooling, slobbering fanboi'ism, and you want your favorite brand's praise to be based in reality. not manic fashion-drive.
    1. NArush's Avatar
      NArush -
      Samsung makes great TV's and refrigerators, both of which I have. Will never buy a Samsung phone tho. Nothing's wrong with competition, which in turn helps the consumer with product variation and cheaper prices.
    1. LivesForJihad's Avatar
      LivesForJihad -
      Quote Originally Posted by eZStaR View Post
      All these companies are sore losers. Since they can't sell as well as Apple's iOS devices, they have to brag and insult the competition. Do you see Apple doing this with their ads? They simply advertise their product, show some key features, nothing more, nothing less. Just proves how ****ty the competition is now a days.

      #Comeattackmefandroids.
      Wow...you know this guy is an apple fan boy just by this post.

      Apple insults Microsoft OSs all the time with their Mac vs PC ads. Even in OSX, when you look at the network locations, WIndows PCs appear as CRT monitors with BSODs on them, jabbing at WIndows/PC, suggesting it is an out of date OS that is unstable. FYI...the moment I discovered this, I got the spinning wheel of Death on my OSX machine and the OS crashed.

      Apple literally falsified evidence against Samsung in the German courts to get the Galaxy Tab 10 banned. Falsifying facts in the court of law is as low as it gets...MUCH lower than an ad which portrays the fact that all apple product users are drones, buying anything with an apple on it.

      This is EXACTLY why I have defected to Android...and I have never looked back.
    1. punjabi212's Avatar
      punjabi212 -
      Funny Ad!
    1. pcrussell50's Avatar
      pcrussell50 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Maxtor182 View Post
      My 2 year old can use my iPhone. My dad can't use his galaxyII
      so? My dad used to fly a fighter jet, and my neighbor is struggling to learn how to fly a cessna. does that make a meaninful statment about which is easier to fly? nope. my mom, a senior citizen, uses Linux. osx (and windows), confuse her. does that mean linux is easiest of the three? nope. my daughter turns two next week. she grabs my iphone and starts mindlessly jabbing the home button and sweeping her fingers all over the screen. she even manages to slide open the unlock slider. that does not mean she knows how to "use" it.
    1. trek-life's Avatar
      trek-life -
      Sad, companies should spend more money being better and doing that consistently, year in, year out. Not just with one or two competing products, but with every product they make.

      Whenever I hear and see people arguing about what products someone uses I feel sad for them. Caring that much about what someone else does with their own device is...well...kinda teenage girly. Disagree with their opinion they scream "fan" whatever. Just enjoy what you use, and make better products.
    1. Darkiq's Avatar
      Darkiq -
      Quote Originally Posted by eZStaR View Post
      All these companies are sore losers. Since they can't sell as well as Apple's iOS devices, they have to brag and insult the competition. Do you see Apple doing this with their ads? They simply advertise their product, show some key features, nothing more, nothing less. Just proves how ****ty the competition is now a days.

      #Comeattackmefandroids.
      Hi I'm a Mac, Hi I'm a PC.... sorry, couldn't resist
    1. sirgoogie's Avatar
      sirgoogie -
      Samsung's products are junk. I bought an iphone 3G and got 2 Samsung touchscreen phones 2 and a half years ago when I ported 3 numbers over to AT&T. The Samsung phones stopped working within 9 months of the purchase. They gave me another and it quit working as well, after the warranty ran out. My first blu-ray player was a Samsung. I was excited to play my first blue ray disc on my new 1080P tv. I bought the Michael jackson blue ray This Is It and when I inserted it into the player the player wouldn't recognize it. Samsung tech "support" told me the software on the player would not play some discs and would have to be updated, however the update might be months away. It never came and when I wrote to Samsung through email I got no response whatsoever. Speaking of the tv. I bought my Sharp tv the same week a friend of mine bought a Samsung plasma. Last week my friend had to take his tv into the shop to have the power supply replaced. I wouldn't take a Samsung product home unless it was free and then it would only be to sell it online. Every apple product I have purchased since '93 (Macintosh TV computer) is still working and when I need support I get real support.
    1. iDeadman's Avatar
      iDeadman -
      Here we go again with the "fanboy" bashing. I'm a fanboy and found this ad very clever. I got a chuckle. Definitely funny at poking what us "fanboys" do and think about the products. But trying to win over customers by trying to make another group of customers feel bad about their products ISN'T going to win them over. So in reality what is the point of the ad? Seriously. When someone advertises a product, the point is to show why a customers needs that product. In this ad, all it shows is a bigger screen...then they say oh its amazing. No features, no revolutionary additions, just "bigger screen and 4g". Instead of depicting WHY a person should switch to another device, they just poke fun at a group of people. The question at hand is, when an iPhone is released WITH a bigger screen and 4g, what will happen then? Got to realize, is not like apple can't release a phone with those features lol.
    1. vantheman169's Avatar
      vantheman169 -
      Quote Originally Posted by chriskaraokeman View Post
      I for one love my S2, it's the first phone that I have not been p*ssed off with after a bit, I don't even think about iphones anymore,there is no denying it, the S2 IS still the best smart phone available at the moment !
      But yet you still TROLL a site that is dedicated to nothing but iDevices.
    1. kraziebone's Avatar
      kraziebone -
      I thought it was a good commercial. Oh and eZStaR, have you not seen apple's commercials in the last 20 years? Until recently they never previewed features, it was always "think different" or attack the industry leader whether that is Microsoft or IBM. I love Apple but this commercial isn't a demonstration of being a sore loser.
    1. vantheman169's Avatar
      vantheman169 -
      Quote Originally Posted by pcrussell50 View Post
      so? My dad used to fly a fighter jet, and my neighbor is struggling to learn how to fly a cessna. does that make a meaninful statment about which is easier to fly? nope. my mom, a senior citizen, uses Linux. osx (and windows), confuse her. does that mean linux is easiest of the three? nope. my daughter turns two next week. she grabs my iphone and starts mindlessly jabbing the home button and sweeping her fingers all over the screen. she even manages to slide open the unlock slider. that does not mean she knows how to "use" it.
      My son is 2 1/2 and has been using our iPhones and iPad since he was less than a year old. He can't read but for the fact that he knows how to go in and do whatever he wants, netflix, books, movies, videos, games, and can do it all by himself. He does get stuck and get mad when something pops up on the screen and cant figure it out, or it takes him to a website or the app store. But the fact of the matter is, its so easy a 2 year old can do it, if i gave him a Samsung Galaxy 2 i bet he would throw it in the toilet.
    1. cmay227's Avatar
      cmay227 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Maxtor182 View Post
      It's all performance vs features. I have nothing against Samsung besides the fact that they don't have any original ideas. My dad has a galaxyII. He likes it I guess, but he doesn't really know how to use it. I don't like the cheap plastic feel of other smartphones buts that's just my preference. My problem is with android. I think they are the Microsoft of mobile devices.

      apple would give their left nut to have a user base for their OS like Microsoft has. a iPhone is like paint in windows. android is more akin to Photoshop.
      paint is very simple to use. Photoshop has a lot more tools, and has a steeper learning curve. not saying a iPhone is better or worse than android. but after having a iPhone 2g, 3gs, and a 4. i went to the atrix. was not sure i would like android. I have fallen in love. it has it's up and downs, but so does the iPhone. and the talk of updates.... most are to try and stop jail breaking. funny thing is most of ios5 features have been on android and blackberry phone for awhile. fact is apple is falling behind, not in consumer base, but on innovation. granted they have siri. but isn't that a more detailed and personal version of Google voice search in android phones. and everything people were expecting to be in the iPhone 5, isn't that what a galaxy s2 has? it's all based on personal preference. and the Samsung ad...is spot on. waited in line for the iPhone 4, and i swear i heard most of the comments from the ad while i was waiting in line. most iPhone users tend to want people to know they have a iPhone. not all users but majority of the ones who wait in line. (early adapters). It seems to be almost a fashion statement at times. Nobody stays at the top forever. and one day apple will fall, as every leader has previous. except for Microsoft who's OS is still top dog. one day they will fall. it's the cycle of life. So i say sit back and enjoy the ride, cause everyone should root for android, the stiffer the competition the better the innovation, the better the products, and we as consumers will ultimately be the winners.
    1. sziklassy's Avatar
      sziklassy -
      Double post

      Quote Originally Posted by Colby21 View Post
      and i thought to myself... gee, i'm glad i have a life.
      Really? Standing in line for a couple hours equates to not having a life? I agree with largely everything you say, but I wouldn't say a person "has no life" because he stands in line for a product.
    1. SupaMonkey's Avatar
      SupaMonkey -
      It was a tad bit funny - but what was even funnier was how they were going on about how huge the screen is... yeah, and with that - the phone as well! That thing looked massive. I hope apple doesnt go bigger, (at least not by changing the device size) - I couldnt handle bigger!
    1. Nickaroni22's Avatar
      Nickaroni22 -
      When your the king of the mountain, everyone takes shots at you. It's always toughest being the best, because everyone is so desperately trying to copy or better you.
    1. ssfirme's Avatar
      ssfirme -
      ios sucks