If you happen to deal with business cards a lot, you have probably heard of an iPhone app called CardMunch. LinkedIn previously acquired CardMunch and appears to be re-launching a new version of the app (which is now free). As a result, their old app will no longer be supported (which is probably a good thing, as it had a hefty price tag of $2.99 and cost an extra 25 cents per scanned business card previously).
The newly launched CardMunch app can digitize printed business cards and turn them into a digital presentation - a feature many other offerings in the App Store can live up to as well. Unlike other apps though, CardMunch automatically links scanned cards to LinkedIn profiles, where users can access the person’s profile (assuming they have one):
By using the new CardMunch app, you now have access to deeper and richer information about the person behind the card — via the LinkedIn profile — who you know in common, where they’ve worked, where they went to school, and much, much more!
CardMunch – Business Card Reader by LinkedIn
- Convert business cards to address book contacts, and then add them as connections on LinkedIn.
- View relevant LinkedIn profile info, connections in common, work history, and more, for the cards you scan.
- Improved card capture experience for faster and easier card scanning.
- Manual transcription ensures high accuracy for scanned cards.
- Newly revamped user interface and visual experience
Will you be picking up the app and utilizing it?