Retail training videos are usually terrible, and embarrassing for everyone involved. Apple retail stores are no exception.
Iím sure those involved in the video above prayed every night after filming this the video would be buried beneath the backyard wrestling and makeup tutorial videos of the Internets. Alas, it was not meant to be.
MacRumors discovered the video and brought it back to life. The video lays out the APPLE retail strategy in a horrifically cheesy rap video that decides to include every stereotype associated with modern rap.
- A - Approach the customer with a "warm welcome"
- P - Position, Permission, Probe - Tell the customer what you want to do, ask permission, and then ask them questions to determine their needs.
- P - Present the appropriate product solution that fits their needs.
- L - Listen to their concerns.
- E - End with a fond farewell and an invitation to return.
Other official training videos reportedly exist, but none have leaked. I wish they would have. Or maybe I donít. They couldnít possibly be as bad as this. According to a MacRumors commenter the video was filmed after hours and shown once at a store meeting. The video was a personal project for a former employee and is not an official Apple retail video. Thank God. But, the video still does show the Apple BOH (back of house), which is off-limits to anyone except Apple employees.
I can only hope other unofficial Apple videos exist and a war of poorly made Apple training videos is about to be unleashed on the Interwebs.