• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Apple's VP of Global Security Leaves in Wake of Summer Lost iPhone Debacle



    Apple’s Vice President of Global Security John Theriault has left the company following another lost iPhone controversy in San Fransisco earlier this summer.

    The San Francisco iPhone reportedly turned out to be a lost iPhone 4S. An Apple employee lost the prototype and Apple went as far as showing up at the finder’s home and offering him cash for the phone. The controversy in the case though stemmed from Apple’s security officials reportedly posing as police officers as well as Apple pulling strings within the San Francisco Police Department to further their own investigation.

    Theriault joined Apple in 2007 after serving as the Chief Security Officer for Pfizer for a decade. Before getting into the corporate environment Theriault was a special agent with FBI. After joining Apple Theriault led the company’s Security Operations and their anti-counterfeit team in 2008 in an attempt to fight China’s booming counterfeit industry.

    Theriault joins a gaggle of Apple executives who departed the company throughout the year. Apple’s Senior VP of Retail Ron Johnson left for a CEO position with J.C. Penny, Apple’s Senior VP of Mac OS X Bertrand Serlet retired, lead Apple designer Sarah Brody left to Paypal, and VP of Mobile Advertising Andy Miller left to become a general partner with venture capital firm Highland Capital.

    The good news is the individuals who have left Apple are not integral carrying on the vision of the company. If someone like Jony Ive left, then Apple would have problems.

    Source: 9to5Mac
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Apple's VP of Global Secuirty Leaves in Wake of Summer Lost iPhone Debacle started by Phillip Swanson View original post
    Comments 9 Comments
    1. KraXik's Avatar
      KraXik -
      Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Swanson View Post
      If someone like Jony Ive left, then Apple would have problems.
      You could say the same about Steve Jobs
    1. Phillip Swanson's Avatar
      Phillip Swanson -
      Quote Originally Posted by KraXik View Post
      You could say the same about Steve Jobs
      And I was just having a good day...
    1. Tweetix's Avatar
      Tweetix -
      This article's title has a typo. Secuirty = Security. I.J.S.
    1. sziklassy's Avatar
      sziklassy -
      There is almost certainly more to this than what is in this article. He left because someone lost an iPhone? That is ludicrous. So long as Apple is allowing their testers to take phones off campus with them there is no possible way to ensure that a phone doesn't get lost, stolen, etc. unless of course they plan on having a pair of goons follow around every user of the prototype everywhere he/she goes.
    1. jetlorider's Avatar
      jetlorider -
      He didn't die! He quit! They bailing out cuz They know this ****'s going to crash! crashing the dollar will bring THE USA into a crisis and...in step One world Government as a solution.
    1. meatholes's Avatar
      meatholes -
      Quote Originally Posted by jetlorider View Post
      He didn't die! He quit! They bailing out cuz They know this ****'s going to crash! crashing the dollar will bring THE USA into a crisis and...in step One world Government as a solution.
      If you're implying that Steve Jobs is still alive and he's just hiding because the "dollar is going to crash", you are absolutely insane. Take a look around the "USA" and just about everywhere else in the world are already in a "crisis".

      If you're not implying that Steve Jobs is death is a conspiracy theory, please ignore the comment i made above.

      Edit: a "world government" will never exist; we will see our final world war before that happens.
    1. sziklassy's Avatar
      sziklassy -
      Quote Originally Posted by meatholes View Post
      If you're implying that Steve Jobs is still alive and he's just hiding because the "dollar is going to crash", you are absolutely insane. Take a look around the "USA" and just about everywhere else in the world are already in a "crisis".

      If you're not implying that Steve Jobs is death is a conspiracy theory, please ignore the comment i made above.

      Edit: a "world government" will never exist; we will see our final world war before that happens.
      Conspiracy theories can be fun. Live a little.
    1. meatholes's Avatar
      meatholes -
      Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
      Conspiracy theories can be fun. Live a little.
      I enjoy conspiracy theories; this one has no foundation.
    1. Donnutt's Avatar
      Donnutt -
      Quote Originally Posted by meatholes View Post
      Edit: a "world government" will never exist; we will see our final world war before that happens.
      The only way I see for the world to unite is for there to be a global extra terrestrial threat. I've seen it all the time in movies and tv shows. 😃
      Mind you, I'm not holding my breath...