• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Apple to Raise Curtain Friday on Revamped 5th Ave Store in NYC


    The iconic retail structure on 5th Avenue in New York City ranks among the most popular local attractions for tourists and New Yorkers alike. But Apple has been busy renovating its iconic storefront in the Big Apple and tomorrow may be the occasion when we get our first look at the biggest facelift in retail.

    Photos surfaced late Thursday of workers beginning to peel back the covering that concealed the appearance of the Apple store's new and improved glass panels. The renovation, which began five months ago, reportedly cost $6.6 million. The bulk of the renovation involved replacing the glass panels in question. At this time, however, it isn't clear if the new look of the building will be as dramatic as the price tag suggests.

    With regard to the store's reopening, Apple's 5th Avenue Retail page maintains that the store will be closed tonight from 10pm to 10am. By Apple's own admission, the store will reopen at 10:00 a.m. on Friday, November 4th (tomorrow).

    Once the grand unveiling is completed, we'll update this post with new images of the site (along with old ones for comparison).

    Source: MacRumors
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Apple to Raise Curtain Friday on Revamped 5th Ave Store in NYC started by Michael Essany View original post
    Comments 6 Comments
    1. iZangetsu's Avatar
      iZangetsu -
      I've owned 2g 3G & now own the 4, you know I've never been in an apple store...
    1. punjabi212's Avatar
      punjabi212 -
      I'm looking forward to the Madison Square Garden renovations. Billion dollar face lift
    1. rud3bwoy's Avatar
      rud3bwoy -
      Quote Originally Posted by punjabi212 View Post
      I'm looking forward to the Madison Square Garden renovations. Billion dollar face lift
      same here

      i am actually going to wwe survivor series there in 2 weeks can't wait to see the changes they did so far
    1. cpotoso's Avatar
      cpotoso -
      And they spent $6M on that? A rather minor upgrade to an already iconic place. Sorry, but if I were a shareholder I'd be upset on all of this redecoration. Spend $$ in making the OS's and hardware actually work properly, and to give us revolutionary gadgets, not on that crap. Think about it: this is coming from the company that really wants to abolish the physical media, physical purchases, and all that, but they still want to overspend on stupid things like a new glassy cube.
    1. Poseidon79's Avatar
      Poseidon79 -
      Quote Originally Posted by cpotoso View Post
      And they spent $6M on that? A rather minor upgrade to an already iconic place. Sorry, but if I were a shareholder I'd be upset on all of this redecoration. Spend $$ in making the OS's and hardware actually work properly, and to give us revolutionary gadgets, not on that crap. Think about it: this is coming from the company that really wants to abolish the physical media, physical purchases, and all that, but they still want to overspend on stupid things like a new glassy cube.
      Are you a shareholder?! Have you seen their stocks lately?! I wouldn't give a crap what they're spending the money on as long as their profits and revenue continue and I keep getting my dividends. Continued investment in retail expansion and updating is KEY in my opinion. Giving a facelift to an iconic store is the best way to keep things fresh and entertaining and get old customers to come back in to see what's new.
    1. punjabi212's Avatar
      punjabi212 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
      Are you a shareholder?! Have you seen their stocks lately?! I wouldn't give a crap what they're spending the money on as long as their profits and revenue continue and I keep getting my dividends. Continued investment in retail expansion and updating is KEY in my opinion. Giving a facelift to an iconic store is the best way to keep things fresh and entertaining and get old customers to come back in to see what's new.
      That's the funny part. Apple doesn't give its shareholders dividends.