Intelliborn's highly awaited IntelliScreenX is out in public beta for all.
A few days ago, ModMyi went in-depth with Intelliborn's upcoming IntelliScreenX to give you an exclusive look and overview on IntelliScreenX has to offer. It was mentioned in the post that a public beta would be released soon, however there was no ETA or indication on when that would happen. The time has now come as Intelliborn has made IntelliScreenX available via a beta repository. It is currently being hosted on their own private repository, however it will be switched to being hosted on ModMyi tomorrow. The beta is available to all users and is free to test. To give IntelliScreenX a shot, add this repository to Cydia:
As IntelliScreenX is still in beta, the team at Intelliborn is always looking for suggestions, feedback, as well as reports on potential issues and bugs. For any of the above, please contact Intelliborn on Twitter for the time being.
A couple of things have been changed since the overview a few days ago, but I'll let you explore and find out some of the goodies for yourselves. However, here are two major ones that you'll have fun with:
- If you have Twitter enabled, go to the Twitter page and tap the header to switch between timeline and mentions
- Anytime a keyboard is brought up, a character count is available to you (will display after a certain amount of characters)
- IntelliScreenX is for iOS 5 only
- Installing IntelliScreenX does not require a reboot. All it needs is a respring
- There is no iPad support for IntelliScreenX at this time.
Upon public release (out of beta), IntelliScreenX will be a paid package. For new users, it will be $9.99 and for owners of IntelliScreen, it's $7.99 to upgrade. Those who have bought IntelliScreen within the last 30 days get IntelliScreenX for free.
Have fun everyone!