If you are an Apple TV user, than you will be glad to hear that FireCore recently released an updated version of their jailbreaking tool – Seas0nPass to support a tethered jailbreak for Apple TV 2G’s on iOS 4.4.x.
Apple released iOS 4.4 for the Apple TV just two weeks back along with the release of iOS 5. Since then, two minor updates have been released to fix bugs (iOS 4.4.1 and iOS 4.4.2). For the Apple TV, iOS 4.4.x included some big features such as:
- AirPlay Mirroring: Now with video mirroring – wirelessly stream what’s on your iPad 2 screen to your HDTV.
- Photo Stream: View photos recently taken on your iOS device and pushed to your Photo Stream in iCloud.
- Trailers: A whole new way to browse and view hundreds of the latest theatrical trailers.
- National Hockey League: Watch live games. View highlights, scores, and more.
- Wall Street Journal Live: Watch up-to-date news, business commentary, and financial analysis from leading experts.
1. Download iOS 4.4.2 (9A336a) and save the IPSW somewhere easy to find.
2. Download the latest version of Seas0nPass:
4. Let Seas0nPass complete the jailbreak and restore process (which it will do automatically)
5. After the restore is complete, move your Apple TV to your TV and follow the steps provided to perform a Tethered Boot.
The FireCore team even went as far as providing a list of compatible plugins with iOS 4.4.2 for the Apple TV 2G:
Which plugins are supported on 4.4?
If you don’t mind having the tethered jailbreak, it’s probably a good idea to go ahead and update then re-jailbreak. For those of you who decide to go ahead and do that, let us know about your experience below!