• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Cydia Store Grows: Custom Cases to Match Themes Coming Soon


    With the success that the Cydia store has had, It seems apparent that cydia is going to begin a new program designed to allow users to purchase custom iOS cases that will match the theme of your choice. (assuming the designer has submitted one)

    Here's a quote from Patrick J. Dietzen, VP of Business Development:
    We are soon going to be selling skins for all major iDevices. We would like to offer users skins that match the themes being sold in Cydia. These skins will allow people to fully customize the physical exterior appearance of their device in addition to the look/feel of the graphical user interface. The skins are made of premium vinyl from 3M and fit perfectly onto all iDevices. They can also be removed at any point without issue. Users will be able to theme the physical look of their phone and regularly change it to whatever they desire.
    Here's an example of one of the designs that k.nitsua has submitted, just to give you an idea:



    When more information comes to light we will let you know. Keep your eyes peeling in the store. The concept sounds extremely interesting and really brings everyone closer to their favorite place on their device... Cydia and Winterboard


    This news comes from K.nitsua. Thanks for the tip.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Cydia Store Grows: Custom Cases to Match Themes Coming Soon started by nickhesson View original post
    Comments 70 Comments
    1. Cowboy's Avatar
      Cowboy -
      This awesome I am a little excited and I never even use a case lol
    1. xerray's Avatar
      xerray -
      Aww man, I'd love to have Elite Pro HD skin, I use to switch themes a trillions time a week, just gonna stick with Elite Pro HD, cause that's where it's at!
    1. toyvan's Avatar
      toyvan -
      Cool idea I guess, BUT I'd rather hear some news related to how saurik is planning on making the cydia store better for the actual THEMES and their developers! Yea, cool idea I guess...
    1. justin7942163's Avatar
      justin7942163 -
      Nice idea.
    1. sucram6791's Avatar
      sucram6791 -
      thats pretty amazing! really great idea, hopefully they wont b too much
    1. thevmax's Avatar
      thevmax -
      Quote Originally Posted by piston597 View Post
      Not a bad idea, but I usually switch themes every other months or so, so I just got a case that matches anything... the free one Apple gave us LOL..
      You get what you pay for!
    1. zav7ty8's Avatar
      zav7ty8 -
      Great idea but my Otter box never comes off anyway!
    1. drm309's Avatar
      drm309 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
      What the heck are you talking about? Cydia is designed for one thing. iOS. Apple doesn't make a 4G phone. AT&T doesn't have a 4G network.

      I think he meant to have Cydia working for iPhone 4, which in technicality it does work, just tethered.

      Unless I missed it with the past holiday festivities and there has been a release of a non-tethered iphone 4 jailbreak, then my apologies. But if there isn't...then the new Cydia features are meaningless since I'm doing the tethered approach...
    1. mrdjflood's Avatar
      mrdjflood -
      I'm talking about the 4th generation iPhone the new iPod and the iPad !
    1. mortopher's Avatar
      mortopher -
      Quote Originally Posted by drm309 View Post
      I think he meant to have Cydia working for iPhone 4, which in technicality it does work, just tethered.

      Unless I missed it with the past holiday festivities and there has been a release of a non-tethered iphone 4 jailbreak, then my apologies. But if there isn't...then the new Cydia features are meaningless since I'm doing the tethered approach...
      Quote Originally Posted by mrdjflood View Post
      I'm talking about the 4th generation iPhone the new iPod and the iPad !
      None of that has to do with Cydia. Cydia works perfectly fine on the current iDevices. That's like saying the radio in my car is broken just because I have to jumpstart it in the morning.
    1. Rob2G's Avatar
      Rob2G -
      This is cool idea, but I won't use it. I have a brushed metal battery cover/rear plate on my iPhone 4 and it's very good looking.
    1. javiert30's Avatar
      javiert30 -
      I saw it before on ebay, they sell skins with a webpage address so you can download the wallpaper that match your skin.
    1. Jahooba's Avatar
      Jahooba -
      I have a skin to match my theme already. I made it myself on the Gelaskin website. I was going to offer this service with my theme, but if i can pay someone else to do it and make just as much, why not? But of course it would have to be high quality.
    1. LamboFan's Avatar
      LamboFan -
      If it has a cost of under $20, count me in. Otherwise I don't feel like becoming ripped off
    1. Shanks12's Avatar
      Shanks12 -
      Quote Originally Posted by barsoverbeats View Post
      8.00-15.00
      If that's the price, then that's really not bad..

      8-15.00 for a case and 2-3.00 for a theme.. Sounds pretty good to me!
    1. decke's Avatar
      decke -
      Quote Originally Posted by toyvan View Post
      Cool idea I guess, BUT I'd rather hear some news related to how saurik is planning on making the cydia store better for the actual THEMES and their developers! Yea, cool idea I guess...
      +1
    1. TheGrandFinale2001's Avatar
      TheGrandFinale2001 -
      I would sooooooo pay for all of this. That case is bad as hell

      But I do agree with everyone else, keep the price reasonable.
    1. Zaidd786's Avatar
      Zaidd786 -
      Can any1 tell me some gud themes?? Thankz
    1. jokerg7's Avatar
      jokerg7 -
      Quote Originally Posted by nickhesson View Post


      With the success that the Cydia store has had, It seems apparent that cydia is going to begin a new program designed to allow users to purchase custom iOS cases that will match the theme of your choice. (assuming the designer has submitted one)

      Here's a quote from Patrick J. Dietzen, VP of Business Development:


      Here's an example of one of the designs that k.nitsua has submitted, just to give you an idea:



      When more information comes to light we will let you know. Keep your eyes peeling in the store. The concept sounds extremely interesting and really brings everyone closer to their favorite place on their device... Cydia and Winterboard


      This news comes from K.nitsua. Thanks for the tip.
      def looking forward to this

      Quote Originally Posted by Zaidd786 View Post
      Can any1 tell me some gud themes?? Thankz
      Twilight HD

      def awesome

      Elite Pro HD too

      Quote Originally Posted by decke View Post
      +1
      apparently there re-vamping the whole featured themes section
    1. Zaidd786's Avatar
      Zaidd786 -
      can any1 tell me any gud free themes?? thankz