• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • New Rumored Details About iPad 3 Emerge


    With the newest iPhone now reaching consumers, the rumor mill is quickly turning its attention to what will likely be Apple's next big release in the mobile iDevice realm - the iPad 3. According to published reports Friday, Apple is readying the new iPad 3 with a smaller dock connector.

    Japanese news site Macotakara reported today (and included images that purportedly show components of the next iPad) that Apple will not release the third-generation iPad before March of 2012. But when the time comes for the new tablet to launch, it will sport a freshly redesigned dock connector. Is this riveting or groundbreaking news? No. But it's among the first credible tidbits of iPad 3 info we've encountered since attention shifted from the iPhone 4S to Apple's next major mobile product refresh.

    According to a reliable Asian source in contact with Macotakara, the next-gen iPad will be identical in size to the iPad 2, yet no decision has been made as to whether the device will deliver the beautiful resolution that results from Retina Display. Some believe that the implementation of Retina Display will make the iPad 3 too costly for both Apple and consumers to consider as soon as 2012.

    All told, the Macotakara report is probably doing more to discourage buyers from the iPad 3 than attract them to it. Without any evidence (at least for now) that the new iPad will deliver any substantial improvements over the second-generation tablet, the revamped dock connector (which will create compatibility problems with current devices/accessories that use the standard 30-pin connector) is hardly enough to restore the hype we understandably saw ahead of the iPad 2 launch.

    Source: Macotakara
    This article was originally published in forum thread: New Rumored Details About iPad 3 Emerge started by Michael Essany View original post
    Comments 27 Comments
    1. maddawg05's Avatar
      maddawg05 -
      Here we go...
    1. ADM1N's Avatar
      ADM1N -
      Now this is just stupid
    1. Raybeast's Avatar
      Raybeast -
      I just got my iPad 2 in the mail today and literally am typing with it right now, is the iPad 2 an old device???????
    1. iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
      iLoveWindows&iPhone -
      Why do some people act surprised that there will be a new iPad/iPhone? Apple always updates there devices, with a pretty consistent time frame. It shouldn't be a shock that in a year or so (depending on when you buy) there will be a newer model.
    1. iSteed's Avatar
      iSteed -
      This is dumb... I don't even think I believe this one. All apples devices use their standard 30 pin.. Why change it?
    1. SergeantMAC's Avatar
      SergeantMAC -
      Quote Originally Posted by iSteed View Post
      This is dumb... I don't even think I believe this one. All apples devices use their standard 30 pin.. Why change it?
      I agree why change it?
    1. tjb5099's Avatar
      tjb5099 -
      this would be retarded....every idevice runs the same connector, why change it...
    1. juan334's Avatar
      juan334 -
      To make money you will obviously have to buy a new dock
    1. Nintendo Fingers's Avatar
      Nintendo Fingers -
      If this story is true there maybe a reason why a smaller connector is being used, could be better than what we have now. Besides we're due for the iPhone 5, redesigned iPod and possibly "iPad 3" next year so maybe, just maybe all three devices would utilize the same connector. Complaining about a simple a** connector lol

      Idk where I read smaller dock/connector but I still stand behind my comment lol
    1. syedsufyan's Avatar
      syedsufyan -
      ipad 2s anyone?
    1. thekirbylover's Avatar
      thekirbylover -
      It would make more sense to just put a Micro USB port on the device. But if Apple changes the 30-pin connector, there better be a dongle for converting to the older version.
    1. redline11786's Avatar
      redline11786 -
      "iPhone 5" = iPhone 4S
      6th generation iPhone = next coming iPhone.
      Sorry, it just really irks me when I see people referring to the next generation iPhone as the "iPhone 5"...it makes absolutely no sense for Apple to name the next gen iPhone the iPhone 5
    1. Striknine's Avatar
      Striknine -
      Smaller is better in the gadget world. The 30 pin connector is probably the largest connector out on a phone at the moment.
    1. iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
      iLoveWindows&iPhone -
      Quote Originally Posted by redline11786 View Post
      "iPhone 5" = iPhone 4S
      6th generation iPhone = next coming iPhone.
      Sorry, it just really irks me when I see people referring to the next generation iPhone as the "iPhone 5"...it makes absolutely no sense for Apple to name the next gen iPhone the iPhone 5
      I will bet you 1 million Dollars the next iPhone is called the iPhone 5. There was the iPhone 3G....was this because it was the "3rd Generation" iPhone....? NO! It was the 2nd! It was all about... marketing! It makes since to call it the iPhone 5, because everyone is expecting a iPhone 5...marketing! No WAY Apple skips 5, ABSOLUTELY no way. It really "irks" me when people refer to the "generation" of the iPhone. It's just stupid. Sorry, your wrong.
    1. Jupit3r's Avatar
      Jupit3r -
      Quote Originally Posted by iLoveWindows&iPhone View Post
      I will bet you 1 million Dollars the next iPhone is called the iPhone 5. There was the iPhone 3G....was this because it was the "3rd Generation" iPhone....? NO! It was the 2nd! It was all about... marketing! It makes since to call it the iPhone 5, because everyone is expecting a iPhone 5...marketing! No WAY Apple skips 5, ABSOLUTELY no way. It really "irks" me when people refer to the "generation" of the iPhone. It's just stupid. Sorry, your wrong.
      Umm... I believe you might be mistaken... Apple likes to keep things SIMPLE... Calling the 6th iPhone the 5th will get people confused..
    1. DaLsim's Avatar
      DaLsim -
      Quote Originally Posted by syedsufyan View Post
      ipad 2s anyone?
      Here we go again...
    1. oostfeld's Avatar
      oostfeld -
      I also think you are wrong I believe the next iPhone will be named iPhone 5, just like they did with the iPhone 3 people were expecting iPhone 4 next but they got the 3GS, Apple didn't skipped the 4 to 5 a year later the 4 showed up just like the 5 will.
    1. duval67's Avatar
      duval67 -
      Quote Originally Posted by iLoveWindows&iPhone View Post
      I will bet you 1 million Dollars the next iPhone is called the iPhone 5. There was the iPhone 3G....was this because it was the "3rd Generation" iPhone....? NO! It was the 2nd! It was all about... marketing! It makes since to call it the iPhone 5, because everyone is expecting a iPhone 5...marketing! No WAY Apple skips 5, ABSOLUTELY no way. It really "irks" me when people refer to the "generation" of the iPhone. It's just stupid. Sorry, your wrong.
      ...the iPhone 3G was named as such because it operated on 3G...The iPhone 4 was called the iPhone 4 because it was the fourth generation of iPhone. There is absolutely no reason for next year's iPhone to be called the iPhone 5. It will be the iPhone 6, assuming they continue naming them with numbers.
      EDIT: on second thought, maybe they would go with 5. I really don't know. Combining my two thoughts, I will now declare myself indifferent to the matter.
      Just my opinion though. No deal on the million dollar bet.
    1. joshbot's Avatar
      joshbot -
      Perhaps this will allow it to interface with Thunderbolt ports as well as USB.
    1. StayyyFlyyy's Avatar
      StayyyFlyyy -
      Quote Originally Posted by iLoveWindows&iPhone View Post
      I will bet you 1 million Dollars the next iPhone is called the iPhone 5. There was the iPhone 3G....was this because it was the "3rd Generation" iPhone....? NO! It was the 2nd! It was all about... marketing! It makes since to call it the iPhone 5, because everyone is expecting a iPhone 5...marketing! No WAY Apple skips 5, ABSOLUTELY no way. It really "irks" me when people refer to the "generation" of the iPhone. It's just stupid. Sorry, your wrong.
      +1