• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • WinterBoard for iOS 5 Publicly Released

    You can now use WinterBoard on your jailbroken iOS 5 device.

    Since the initial release of the iOS 5 public build, Jay Freeman (@saurik) has been working hard to ensure that his packages and Cydia itself is in good working condition for iOS 5. One of his most popular packages, WinterBoard, has been undergoing testing for the last week or so to make sure all the possible issues are eliminated. The beta copy was posted inside an IRC channel and was open to anyone that wanted to join and test. There was a lot of craziness going on in the first day or so of posting a public beta, however it seems that this move was fruitful and allowed saurik to get everything nailed down. As a sure sign of compatibility, saurik has released a public build of WinterBoard for iOS 5 on Cydia.

    If you have been waiting to get WinterBoard on your iOS 5 device, the opportunity is now open to you!

    Here's a few things to note:
    • There is no untethered jailbreak for any device at this time, except the iPhone 3GS old bootrom
    • The iPad 2 and iPhone 4S are not able to be jailbroken, not even tethered at this point
    • Although WinterBoard is compatible on iOS 5, not all the various themes are
    • If you have any support or bug related issues, make sure to send a report through Cydia; be concise, informative, and respectful
    • Have fun!
    Source(s): Cydia
    This article was originally published in forum thread: WinterBoard for iOS 5 Publicly Released started by Joshua Tucker View original post
    Comments 39 Comments
    1. iKillYou's Avatar
      iKillYou -
      Couple issues I still found are....

      - Calendar icons still can't be sized larger than the stock icon dimensions
      - When using an SMSBackground there is a colored trim around SMS Bubbles
    1. lividian1's Avatar
      lividian1 -
      Quote Originally Posted by moneybanks14 View Post
      revi krs worked perfectly on my ipt4 before but now some of the icons will not change to match the theme and stay as stock icons including mail, facebook and videos?
      All themes will have to be updated for iOS 5 before they will all work correctly. File names and locations have changed almost every time there's a firmware update. It's a nightmare for themers to get all elements to work how they envisioned. I haven't dug into iOS 5 yet to even see what's changed from 4.3 to 5.0. So I can't really say how to modify it to work.
    1. maxtor's Avatar
      maxtor -
      I solved the problem of frezzeing screen by uninstalling Mobile Substrate. My new problem is that after updating to new Winterboard I have on Icon labels for all icons except those that are inside the folders.
    1. elitejelly's Avatar
      elitejelly -
      Does anyone have any guess on when the untethered jailbrake will come out?
    1. StayyyFlyyy's Avatar
      StayyyFlyyy -
      your guess is as good as ours.. the only thing i can suggest is be patient, check twitter constantly and dont let your phone die untill then.. hopefully soon though since musclenerd did say they were waiting for ios 5 to release an untether.. but he has lied to us before.. lol then tried to cover it up by saying oh i said yes its possible for an unlock not yes i have one
    1. Jmataska's Avatar
      Jmataska -
      Quote Originally Posted by elitejelly View Post
      Does anyone have any guess on when the untethered jailbrake will come out?
      Haha, theres always one... patience is the only answer.
    1. LifeSux's Avatar
      LifeSux -
      People keep saying that they need an Untethered Jailbreak for this or that, but if you never power off/down your phone or never reboot
      It and only have Cydia reboots to worry about, what's the problem? Only Winterboard and not many other Tweaks/etc require a reboot (after the initial install) I just don't get why it's SUCH an issue.
    1. StayyyFlyyy's Avatar
      StayyyFlyyy -
      Quote Originally Posted by LifeSux View Post
      People keep saying that they need an Untethered Jailbreak for this or that, but if you never power off/down your phone or never reboot
      It and only have Cydia reboots to worry about, what's the problem? Only Winterboarf and not many other Tweaks/etc require a reboot. I just don't get why it's SUCH an issue.
      lol i agree i have been absolutely fine with my tethered jb since 4.3.5 and to be honest when the phone dies anyway you cant turn it back on even if it is untethered.. and you look more unavailable to people.. which ladies love.. lol and once you have all your apps that require reboot you dont need to reboot anymore.. buuuuuuuuuuuut i do want that untether, i guess its just the anal part of me...lol as i look at the wow kid in your name
    1. NSXrebel's Avatar
      NSXrebel -
      All I want right now is for a fix to a Clear Lockscreen that works with iOS 5!!!!
    1. chrisw05's Avatar
      chrisw05 -
      I installed and now when i double click the home button the camera doesnt show up i think it was winterboard that made it stop showing up anyone know how to get it back
      Edit: just had to remove multiflow from lock screen double click home button on lockscreen. But winterboard still just crashes iphone 5 ios5
    1. AngryPIG's Avatar
      AngryPIG -
      Quote Originally Posted by chrisw05 View Post
      I installed and now when i double click the home button the camera doesnt show up i think it was winterboard that made it stop showing up anyone know how to get it back
      Edit: just had to remove multiflow from lock screen double click home button on lockscreen. But winterboard still just crashes iphone 5 ios5
      your from the furture ?
      wow si-fi
    1. javiert30's Avatar
      javiert30 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Empyrials View Post
      Well Winterboard seemed to work fine before i did this update to the official iOS5 one... now all my apps are 1/4 screen size i've tried uninstall/reinstall a few times but the apps only are normal again with winterboard UNINSTALLED. Of course i had to reboot each time i installed/unstalled. So atm i no longer have a cool lockscreen
      All you have to do is, restart your iPhone in Safe Mode with SBSettings once it reboot in Safe Mode, touch safe mode on the top of your screen and restart. You should be fine now.
    1. Cliffordmccain's Avatar
      Cliffordmccain -
      [QUOTE=bigliquid530;6272646]Damn can't wait for the untethered JB...[/QUOTE
    1. thevmax's Avatar
      thevmax -
      Quote Originally Posted by Empyrials View Post
      Well Winterboard seemed to work fine before i did this update to the official iOS5 one... now all my apps are 1/4 screen size i've tried uninstall/reinstall a few times but the apps only are normal again with winterboard UNINSTALLED. Of course i had to reboot each time i installed/unstalled. So atm i no longer have a cool lockscreen
      I'm on IOS 4.3.3 but I updated to latest Winterboard and now I can't change themes AND my phone app is about 1/4 size of normal
    1. confucious's Avatar
      confucious -
      Quote Originally Posted by StayyyFlyyy View Post
      your guess is as good as ours.. the only thing i can suggest is be patient, check twitter constantly and dont let your phone die untill then.. hopefully soon though since musclenerd did say they were waiting for ios 5 to release an untether.. but he has lied to us before.. lol then tried to cover it up by saying oh i said yes its possible for an unlock not yes i have one
      Just because you misinterpret what MN says doesnotmeanhe has ever lied.

      As in this case, you have misinterpreted what he said.members of the Chronic Dev team have said thatcher have an untethered JB which they announced at MyGreatFest before iOS was released. MN said that they (not the Dev Team) would not release until after iOS5 was released and they were waiting until they had the new iPhone ( which I believe they now do) to test it on.

      It is entirely up to Chronic when they release it but I would imagine (provided they have it working and none of the 5 necessary exploits have been patched) that they will wait until afterithe iP4s is officially sold unlocked in the USA in November.

      A FW update will almost certainly be released within days to block the JB Southey might be waiting for 5.01 before they release it.
    1. nicoand's Avatar
      nicoand -
      Quote Originally Posted by NSXrebel View Post
      All I want right now is for a fix to a Clear Lockscreen that works with iOS 5!!!!
      me to buddy love to get the lockscreen widgets rolling again hope he updates soon
    1. NSXrebel's Avatar
      NSXrebel -
      Clear lockscreen works again with the latest winterboard!!
    1. TexasDeltaSig's Avatar
      TexasDeltaSig -
      Has anyone had any issue with paging being extremely laggy or jagged after the new version of winterboard? I was on 4.3.3 until a few days ago, but decided to take the unteathered leap with 5.0. Everything works fine, except once I installed the new winterboard, when I go between pages, even with no theme active, paging is really laggy? Once I disable winterboard in sbsettings, everything goes back to normal?
    1. NSXrebel's Avatar
      NSXrebel -
      I don't know if it was winterboard that's the problem, but now I can't drag my icons or create folders. The few folders that I already have, those I can move around. It was working fine when I just had Grid Lock installed. I'm gonna do some troubleshooting, removing one tweak at a time.