• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Walmart Sells iPhone 4S For $188 On Contract


    If you still havenít bought an iPhone 4S and you are in the market, then you're in luck! Bargain hunters might be keen on jumping on the iPhone 4S at Walmart, which is currently the cheapest place to buy the 4S. You can currently grab the black or white iPhone 4S 16GB model for just $188. The deal is valid for either AT&T or Verizon with a two-year contract. The usual price for the iPhone 4S is $199 with a contract and $649 without. This makes the $188 deal somewhat reasonable offering $11 off the original asking price.

    It is rare to see a 5% discount on a new Apple product, especially the newest iPhone, which is generally always sold at full price. Right now, as far as we know, Walmart is the only retailers in the US that is selling the iPhone 4S for lower than the MSRP. The one caveat is that you will have to go to the store to purchase the device. Despite the sale price being listed on the Walmart website, youíll still have to go in. This means that if your local store is sold out, you wonít be able to get the discount until they get to restock.

    Although many loyal Apple customers have their iPhone 4S already, for those of you who donít, this is a decent way to save a bit of money.

    Will any of you be hitting the nearest Walmart to jump on the deal?

    Source: Walmart
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Walmart Sells iPhone 4S For $188 On Contract started by Akshay Masand View original post
    Comments 17 Comments
    1. 2k1's Avatar
      2k1 -
      Hmmmmmm will think about this
    1. i.Annie's Avatar
      i.Annie -
      If only the 4S could be $500-550 w/o contract Now that's when I would be able to afford a new iPhone lol. $649 + tax, selling my ViPhone wouldn't even cover half of that cost AND I still have another year and a half before I get discounted pricing If I were a new customer though, I suppose this is a nice deal lol.
    1. 2k1's Avatar
      2k1 -
      I agree Annie on that. Like when they had at target. Trade in ya 3GS and git the iPhone 4 for 50 bucks
    1. rryyddeerr's Avatar
      rryyddeerr -
      will happily pay the extra $$ at the att store.
    1. mmaboi21's Avatar
      mmaboi21 -
      Yah I mean a discount is a discount.
    1. otti8's Avatar
      otti8 -
      wow $11!
    1. Italia411's Avatar
      Italia411 -
      Quote Originally Posted by rryyddeerr View Post
      will happily pay the extra $$ at the att store.
      Seriously, Sam Walton would be rolling in his grave if he knew what his company has turned into.
    1. ehren88888's Avatar
      ehren88888 -
      I'd go for it if I can only sell my less than 2 month old 16GB 3GS which I got when my old 3GS battery went kaput. I never sell anything on Ebay or craigslist and Ebay is offering me $165, target only $110 for a trade-in. I am a month out of contract with AT&T and just want to get something close to what it would cost to get the 4S with a 2 year.
    1. x5tar_Zimmer's Avatar
      x5tar_Zimmer -
      Will Apple be doing the "Trade in your iPhone 4 and get the 4s"? Man that woyld be great.
    1. trevorrawson's Avatar
      trevorrawson -
      Those of you in CA should also know that Walmart only charges tax on the $188 price and not on $599 like Apple and AT&T. So that will save you some good money also. I'm pretty sure it'll stay at $188. Last August I bought my iPhone 4 two months after it came out for that price.
    1. Murseman@sbcglobal.net's Avatar
      Quote Originally Posted by ehren88888 View Post
      I'd go for it if I can only sell my less than 2 month old 16GB 3GS which I got when my old 3GS battery went kaput. I never sell anything on Ebay or craigslist and Ebay is offering me $165, target only $110 for a trade-in. I am a month out of contract with AT&T and just want to get something close to what it would cost to get the 4S with a 2 year.
      $200? It's not the best deal ever, but I've a customer that needs one. Idk how to work out a payment. I'm working in that with someone else on here.
    1. duromega's Avatar
      duromega -
      I will sell my iPhone but not online and I'm gonna get a 4S I'm sure I'm gonna get more than $350 for my phone
    1. Bluemoldycheeze88's Avatar
      Bluemoldycheeze88 -
      Quote Originally Posted by trevorrawson View Post
      Those of you in CA should also know that Walmart only charges tax on the $188 price and not on $599 like Apple and AT&T. So that will save you some good money also. I'm pretty sure it'll stay at $188. Last August I bought my iPhone 4 two months after it came out for that price.
      Man that is great news about the taxes.. I wonder if my friend who happens to work at Walmart Mobile gets an employee discount on top of that $188.
    1. thomaspeter's Avatar
      thomaspeter -
      Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
      If only the 4S could be $500-550 w/o contract Now that's when I would be able to afford a new iPhone lol. $649 + tax, selling my ViPhone wouldn't even cover half of that cost AND I still have another year and a half before I get discounted pricing If I were a new customer though, I suppose this is a nice deal lol.
      I am also havign same price, if it was the same, I mean if the price was just same and there was no contract at all, then I could afford it, but now i have to wait a few months till someone get bored of it, and then they want to sell it, then i will buy it.
    1. nonslim's Avatar
      nonslim -
      Here in Canada, the 16 GB is $169, 32 is $269, and 64 is $369. o_o Those are with a contract, though.
    1. LifeSux's Avatar
      LifeSux -
      I work at Wal-Mart in the Electronics department and we received 16 4S devices, all of which sold out. Lol.
    1. reopeadres's Avatar
      reopeadres -
      Walmart the 1 uper