• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Back Up Blobs From Your Device with iSHSHit


    There's a new alternative for backing up your SHSH blobs that allows you to save your own copy in addition to the one on Cydia. iSHSHit is a new tweak that still uses the Cydia On-File service by default, but also gives you the option to email your SHSH blobs to any address you choose. Best of all, it can be run directly from your phone, rather than requiring you to use a program like TinyUmbrella.

    It's about as easy to use as possible: all you really need to do is to verify the information that pops up on your screen is correct and tap Save. After it's finished downloading the SHSHs, go to Manage SHSH and tap the version you want to save locally. This takes you to a blank mail message with the blobs already attached. Address it to yourself and/or any other account you want and you're good to go.

    Given that future untethered jailbreaks are pretty much all expected to need earlier SHSHs to work, having a quick and easy way to make sure your blobs are backed up is key. This tool gets the job done with no fuss.

    Source: iClarified
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Back Up Blobs From Your Device with iSHSHit started by Paul Daniel Ash View original post
    Comments 74 Comments
    1. dacads's Avatar
      dacads -
      It says the requested firmware is no longer available
    1. travlew706's Avatar
      travlew706 -
      I got a question . People says that apple isn't signing older firmwares anymore . Me personally I have a 3gs on 3.1.2 and I've restored it too the stock apple firmware like four times in the past month because I'll download something from cydia and my phone will start acting funny . How does it restore without a problem no error code or anything . Just completely restores and then goes to the insert simcard screen and I do that then jailbreak with spirit and I'm good too go . Am I just lucky or ? My shsh in cydia says 4.0 and 4.1 and I never upgraded to either.
    1. ParadoX's Avatar
      ParadoX -
      Quote Originally Posted by rabbit_ View Post
      How do u downgrade using your shsh that I got from ishsh it's sitting on my desktop but iTunes dont regonise it thanks
      You are better off just using tinyumbrella to take care of that. just hit "Start TSS" in TU open itunes and restore with the FW that you choose. as long as you have the shsh blob for that specific FW then you are good to go.
    1. Simon's Avatar
      Simon -
      Quote Originally Posted by travlew706 View Post
      I got a question . People says that apple isn't signing older firmwares anymore . Me personally I have a 3gs on 3.1.2 and I've restored it too the stock apple firmware like four times in the past month because I'll download something from cydia and my phone will start acting funny . How does it restore without a problem no error code or anything . Just completely restores and then goes to the insert simcard screen and I do that then jailbreak with spirit and I'm good too go . Am I just lucky or ? My shsh in cydia says 4.0 and 4.1 and I never upgraded to either.
      You sure you have a 3GS and not a 3G?
    1. chuk12chuk's Avatar
      chuk12chuk -
      Lol---> ishSHIT? Hahah lmfao
    1. travlew706's Avatar
      travlew706 -
      Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
      You sure you have a 3GS and not a 3G?
      Yea got compass and video recorder and the iPhone 32Gb on the back is shiny not dull like the 3g.
    1. Tkf's Avatar
      Tkf -
      Somewhat my idea. Twitter
    1. rabbit_'s Avatar
      rabbit_ -
      Quote Originally Posted by ParadoX View Post
      You are better off just using tinyumbrella to take care of that. just hit "Start TSS" in TU open itunes and restore with the FW that you choose. as long as you have the shsh blob for that specific FW then you are good to go.
      Thanks for you response paradox but I can't I have tu open but can't click TSS. Server as it's not highlighted I have the latest t u and tried few older versions of t u to know luck also changed host file to saruks one running windows 7 before anyone asks I have my shsh saved way back to 3.1 I don't know what to do to get me downgraded you are my last hope modmyi
    1. Simon's Avatar
      Simon -
      Quote Originally Posted by travlew706 View Post
      Yea got compass and video recorder and the iPhone 32Gb on the back is shiny not dull like the 3g.
      hmmm... weird
    1. LamboFan's Avatar
      LamboFan -
      Why is it not showing up?
      I attempted to search yet nothing show up..
    1. vivaporu's Avatar
      vivaporu -
      Quote Originally Posted by schtozo View Post
      I just downloaded this app but when i press save, it says downloading shsh for a while but then it comes with a message that says (the requested fiwmware is no longer available for signing) any help appreciated. Im on iphone 4 firmware 4.1 OTB
      1.this is happening to me as well ,tiny umbrella won't work saw this thought i would be set, but getting the same pop up,i'm on a 3g/wifi ipad running 3.2.2,any help would be great,2.back to tiny umbrella just in case never changed local host file would that be my problem?
    1. travlew706's Avatar
      travlew706 -
      Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
      hmmm... weird
      That's what I was thinking . Everybody told me that it shouldn't restore without a error code or my shsh but I was thinking maybe since it's never been upgraded at all I can still restore to the same firmware without a problem .
    1. Simon's Avatar
      Simon -
      It still shouldnt let you. Only thing i can think of is you have SHSH and your hosts are pointed to cydia.
    1. athleticswimmer's Avatar
      athleticswimmer -
      Quote Originally Posted by chuk12chuk View Post
      Lol---> ishSHIT? Hahah lmfao
      thats so 19 hrs ago.......
    1. romeo_herman's Avatar
      romeo_herman -
      It's there no better name? like "ishshon" or whatever.....
    1. mADMAN8's Avatar
      mADMAN8 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Rob2G View Post
      Haha it says ****

      I don't ishshit it public, I like to backup my blobs at home.
      Ha ha ha ha ha

      Best post of 2010.

      Nominated, and won. Congrats!
    1. StealthBravo's Avatar
      StealthBravo -
      Very nice app. Time to submit it to the App Store
    1. BenderRodriguez's Avatar
      BenderRodriguez -
      Quote Originally Posted by Tkf View Post
      Somewhat my idea. Twitter
      We need to patent our idea then sell it to apple
    1. mafo5000's Avatar
      mafo5000 -
      Quote Originally Posted by BenderRodriguez View Post
      I find it kinda funny that its called iSHSHit I mean it makes since but really?

      If you don't understand read the last 4 letters
      haha i was thinking the same thing
    1. Zokunei's Avatar
      Zokunei -
      Quote Originally Posted by vivaporu View Post
      1.this is happening to me as well ,tiny umbrella won't work saw this thought i would be set, but getting the same pop up,i'm on a 3g/wifi ipad running 3.2.2,any help would be great,2.back to tiny umbrella just in case never changed local host file would that be my problem?
      Guys, this is because 4.2.1 is the only SHSH available for download right now. You are on 4.1.