• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Samsung Lawyers Unable to Identify Galaxy Tab When Asked By Judge During Court Hearing



    Samsung attorney Kate Sullivan when asked by U.S. District Judge Lucy Koh if she could tell which one of the two tablets the judge held above her head was the Galaxy Tab 10.1 Sullivan responded “Not at this distance, your honor.”

    That distance was a measly 10 feet! Facepalm, facepalm, facepalm.

    How can Samsung’s lawyers, who have been battling Apple in patent cases across the world, not be able to tell the difference between an iPad 2 and their Galaxy Tablet when prompted to do so in court. I don’t care if its 10 feet, 20 feet, or across the court room these lawyers should be able to spot their tablets in a lineup faster than a kid spots Waldo in an empty room.

    The judge then asked the rest of Samsung’s legal team if any of them could tell which tablet displayed was Apple’s and which one was Samsung’s, only then did one of Samsung’s lawyers supply the right answer.

    Judge Koh decided that Samsung’s Galaxy-branded tablets do infringe on some of Apple’s tablets, but Apple must still prove that their patents are valid under the law before she could grant Apple an injunction. Koh wrote that she wouldn’t grant the injunction based on the “utility” patent Apple claims Samsung is infringing upon, but she is still considering three other design patents.

    If Samsung’s lawyer’s inability to identify the tablet from 10 feet away is any indication of how Koh might rule the case, Samsung better start planning a redesign if they want to sell their tablets in the U.S.


    Source: Reuters
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Samsung Lawyers Unable to Identify Galaxy Tab When Asked By Judge During Court Hearing started by Phillip Swanson View original post
    Comments 34 Comments
    1. R.Mortera's Avatar
      R.Mortera -
      She's a fail
    1. g12007's Avatar
      g12007 -
      thats all bad lol
    1. RippedThemer's Avatar
      RippedThemer -
      bahahahaha definitely the best story I've read all day
    1. <(O)> Device's Avatar
      <(O)> Device -
      Someone herped when they should have derped lol
    1. Paco's Avatar
      Paco -
      Lmao stupid samsung
    1. Nintendo Tim's Avatar
      Nintendo Tim -
      Well, it could be read that the lady is trying to point out that the Tab and iPad are "virtually indistinguishable", essentially putting on a show for the court, albeit, in a very odd way.I mean, they're trying to prove that Apple is infringing on their patents, right? So what's to keep their lawyers from playing coy and pretend to not be able to tell a Tab apart from an iPad?
    1. MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
      MetallicaFan1991 -
      Well maybe Samsuck shouldn't rip of the iPad 2 design with a black border and metal silver frame.Seriously, if Apple released an all silver tablet so would Samsuck.
    1. NapoleonRobotique's Avatar
      NapoleonRobotique -
      In my opinion, Galaxy Tab and Xoom are better products. Apple should out design their competitors, not sue them once they notice a threat to their market share. This silly litigious strategy stymies technology, prevents consumers from accessing good products and allows the second best to reign supreme. I'm pointing my finger at all the big players here, patent law is getting out of hand and us consumers have to pick up the tab for expensive lawsuits whilst purchasing a less competitive range of products. All these companies should nut up.
    1. Kinkme93's Avatar
      Kinkme93 -
      Quote Originally Posted by NapoleonRobotique View Post
      In my opinion, Galaxy Tab and Xoom are better products. Apple should out design their competitors, not sue them once they notice a threat to their market share. This silly litigious strategy stymies technology, prevents consumers from accessing good products and allows the second best to reign supreme. I'm pointing my finger at all the big players here, patent law is getting out of hand and us consumers have to pick up the tab for expensive lawsuits whilst purchasing a less competitive range of products. All these companies should nut up.
      I agree! Well said playa!!!
      These tablets are like black ppl! They look the same from a distance but not really close up.... In some cases
    1. jOnGarrett's Avatar
      jOnGarrett -
      Quote Originally Posted by Pancho paco View Post
      Lmao stupid samsung
      your comment is stupid.

      lets see how VERY DIFFERENT the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 is to the iPad/iPad 2 and I CHALLENGE YOU TO SHOW ME HOW THEY ARE:

      10.1 = 16:9 wide screen iPad2 = 4:3 square screen
      10.1 = no physical home button iPad2 = physical home button
      10.1 = camera in landscape mode iPad2 = camera in portrait mode
      10.1 = dual surround sound speakers iPad2 = single speaker
      10.1 = 2 tone white/grey or grey/grey iPad2 = brushed aluminum
      10.1 = no screen rotation lock button iPad2 = screen rotation lock button
      10.1 = 3.5mm jack in landscape iPad2 = 3.5mm jack in portrait
      10.1 = 2mp rear camera iPad2 = 0.7mp rear camera
      10.1 = 10.1 inch display iPad2 = 9.7 inch display
      10.1 = 1280x800 resolution iPad2 = 1024x768
      10.1 = rear camera flash iPad2 = NO camera flash
      10.1 = 256.6x172.9x8.6 iPad2 = 241.2x185.7x8.8
      10.1 = 595g iPad2 = 601g
      10.1 = plastic and glass iPad2 = metal and glass
      10.1 = rounded edges, flat design ipad2 = wedge shape, tapered edge
    1. Mr. Russian's Avatar
      Mr. Russian -
      Epic failure
    1. teej1410's Avatar
      teej1410 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Lifted_ChevyZ View Post
      bahahahaha definitely the best story I've read all day
      Agreed.
    1. sTrAnGe mOdS's Avatar
      sTrAnGe mOdS -
      Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
      your comment is stupid.

      lets see how VERY DIFFERENT the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 is to the iPad/iPad 2 and I CHALLENGE YOU TO SHOW ME HOW THEY ARE:

      10.1 = 16:9 wide screen iPad2 = 4:3 square screen
      10.1 = no physical home button iPad2 = physical home button
      10.1 = camera in landscape mode iPad2 = camera in portrait mode
      10.1 = dual surround sound speakers iPad2 = single speaker
      10.1 = 2 tone white/grey or grey/grey iPad2 = brushed aluminum
      10.1 = no screen rotation lock button iPad2 = screen rotation lock button
      10.1 = 3.5mm jack in landscape iPad2 = 3.5mm jack in portrait
      10.1 = 2mp rear camera iPad2 = 0.7mp rear camera
      10.1 = 10.1 inch display iPad2 = 9.7 inch display
      10.1 = 1280x800 resolution iPad2 = 1024x768
      10.1 = rear camera flash iPad2 = NO camera flash
      10.1 = 256.6x172.9x8.6 iPad2 = 241.2x185.7x8.8
      10.1 = 595g iPad2 = 601g
      10.1 = plastic and glass iPad2 = metal and glass
      10.1 = rounded edges, flat design ipad2 = wedge shape, tapered edge
      Dude, calm down. Samsung is a bit stupid if they can't even identify their own device. 10 feet is not far away. At all.
    1. midgetadam's Avatar
      midgetadam -
      Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
      your comment is stupid.

      lets see how VERY DIFFERENT the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 is to the iPad/iPad 2 and I CHALLENGE YOU TO SHOW ME HOW THEY ARE:
      Yet only one of their lawyers could tell the difference, so he's right, stupid Samsung... lawyers.
    1. emerica6708's Avatar
      emerica6708 -
      Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
      your comment is stupid.

      lets see how VERY DIFFERENT the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 is to the iPad/iPad 2 and I CHALLENGE YOU TO SHOW ME HOW THEY ARE:

      10.1 = 16:9 wide screen iPad2 = 4:3 square screen
      10.1 = no physical home button iPad2 = physical home button
      10.1 = camera in landscape mode iPad2 = camera in portrait mode
      10.1 = dual surround sound speakers iPad2 = single speaker
      10.1 = 2 tone white/grey or grey/grey iPad2 = brushed aluminum
      10.1 = no screen rotation lock button iPad2 = screen rotation lock button
      10.1 = 3.5mm jack in landscape iPad2 = 3.5mm jack in portrait
      10.1 = 2mp rear camera iPad2 = 0.7mp rear camera
      10.1 = 10.1 inch display iPad2 = 9.7 inch display
      10.1 = 1280x800 resolution iPad2 = 1024x768
      10.1 = rear camera flash iPad2 = NO camera flash
      10.1 = 256.6x172.9x8.6 iPad2 = 241.2x185.7x8.8
      10.1 = 595g iPad2 = 601g
      10.1 = plastic and glass iPad2 = metal and glass
      10.1 = rounded edges, flat design ipad2 = wedge shape, tapered edge
      The camera works in. Portrait and landscape btw.

      Quote Originally Posted by Nintendo Tim View Post
      Well, it could be read that the lady is trying to point out that the Tab and iPad are "virtually indistinguishable", essentially putting on a show for the court, albeit, in a very odd way.I mean, they're trying to prove that Apple is infringing on their patents, right? So what's to keep their lawyers from playing coy and pretend to not be able to tell a Tab apart from an iPad?
      Apple is trying to prove that Samsung copied their design, so the lawyers for Samsung wouldn't act like they couldn't tell a difference, they want to prove there is a distinguishable difference between the two and that Samsung didn't copy Apples design.
    1. delusion950's Avatar
      delusion950 -
      really cant see from 10ft. Then they shouldn't be allowed to drive either if you can't see within 10 feet.
    1. GrandMstrBud's Avatar
      GrandMstrBud -
      This whole thing is complete BS. Who the hell cares if you can't tell the difference 10 to 20 feet away. It runs a completely different OS/iOS and it's different hardware also. Do you see Ford/Chevy/Toyota crying about how a certain vehicle may look alike or any other companies? The fact is Apple doesn't like competition and someone made a compete-able tablet so what's Apple do? They do what they do best and that's sue.
    1. syedsufyan's Avatar
      syedsufyan -
      Quote Originally Posted by R.Mortera View Post
      She's a fail
      +1 she must be blind. The two have a huge and obvious difference.
    1. NakedFaerie's Avatar
      NakedFaerie -
      Looks like Samsung should look into getting a better Lawyer.
    1. J Sweeney's Avatar
      J Sweeney -
      Some stupid lawyers.