• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Apple's Inventory Suggests MacBook Pro Refresh To Come Soon


    Many of you might be getting frustrated if you are in the market for buying a MacBook Pro as all models seem to be nearly out of stock. If you happen to find yourself in the mix, don’t worry because it seems like new MacBook Pro models are close by. It seems that updates to all existing MacBook Pro models have appeared in Apple’s inventory system, including new models for the: 13 inch, 15 inch, and 17 inch screen sizes. It also seems that Apple will be continuing their scheme of shipping two 13 inch models, two 15 inch models, and one 17 inch model in their upcoming refresh.

    The refresh is expected to include faster processors and the Bluetooth 4.0 technology that Apple has started to ship in the latest MacBook Airs and the new iPhone 4S. The internal code names for the updated MacBook Pro line are K90IA (13 inch), K91A (15 inch), and K92A (17 inch), where the A in the codename signifies the update being a minor one. All in all, everything seems to be the same with the addition of slightly better hardware being used. If that's the case though, I wouldn't expect the new MacBook Pros to be in stock any more than the current ones.

    The news of incoming MacBook Pro refreshes is probably excellent for those who were previously on the fence about purchasing one or waiting to get one, as the longer wait will prove to be much more advantageous now but generally tends to anger those who managed to get their hands on one previously. If I bought a 2011 MacBook Pro, the last thing I’d want to find out is that my new and expensive laptop is already part of yesterday’s news (so to speak). How do you feel about the issue?

    Share any thoughts and opinions in the section below!

    Source: 9to5Mac
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Apple's Inventory Suggests MacBook Pro Refresh To Come Soon started by Akshay Masand View original post
    Comments 22 Comments
    1. jose060789's Avatar
      jose060789 -
      I would gladly buy a MacBook Pro but the fact that it's expensive is a no-go :/ I wish Macs were cheaper, sigh...
    1. PaKi619's Avatar
      PaKi619 -
      Noo... I recently bought my macbook pro. But wait.. what will they upgrade? probably hard drive and ram. Processors can't upgrade much because there is no processor beyond i7 that apple would choose.. Xeon? i dont think so
    1. HighTymes's Avatar
      HighTymes -
      Got mine early 2011, don't see it upgrading too much in this short of a time.
    1. The6uest's Avatar
      The6uest -
      Quote Originally Posted by jose060789 View Post
      I would gladly buy a MacBook Pro but the fact that it's expensive is a no-go :/ I wish Macs were cheaper, sigh...
      Yeah, I wouldn't mind paying a little more for a MBP vs a Windows laptop, but they are double or more what other laptops cost with similar specs. I'm glad Apple's phones and tablets aren't that much more at least.
    1. cdizzle's Avatar
      cdizzle -
      I am kinda upset because I just purchased my MacBook last Saturday. It was tough letting go of that much money. I am glad I did but did not know they were possibly coming out with new models or I might have waited. Hopefully the new ones don't have anything that I'm glad I didn't miss out on. Can't wait to get my iPhone 4s tomorrow to go with new MacBook.
    1. Cer0's Avatar
      Cer0 -
      Quote Originally Posted by cdizzle View Post
      I am kinda upset because I just purchased my MacBook last Saturday. It was tough letting go of that much money. I am glad I did but did not know they were possibly coming out with new models or I might have waited. Hopefully the new ones don't have anything that I'm glad I didn't miss out on. Can't wait to get my iPhone 4s tomorrow to go with new MacBook.
      From the article they may only be minor updates. So not a huge waste if you just bought one.

      Quote Originally Posted by Akshay Masand View Post
      The internal code names for the updated MacBook Pro line are K90IA (13 inch), K91A (15 inch), and K92A (17 inch), where the A in the codename signifies the update being a minor one.
    1. PaKi619's Avatar
      PaKi619 -
      Quote Originally Posted by cdizzle View Post
      I am kinda upset because I just purchased my MacBook last Saturday. It was tough letting go of that much money. I am glad I did but did not know they were possibly coming out with new models or I might have waited. Hopefully the new ones don't have anything that I'm glad I didn't miss out on. Can't wait to get my iPhone 4s tomorrow to go with new MacBook.
      I guess you can return it for a refund and buy later when late 2011 macbook pro arrives in stores.
    1. Striknine's Avatar
      Striknine -
      Way too over priced for a personal computer. I own a MacBook pro, didn't pay for it though as I can not justify the price. I currently only use it for pro tools as my iPads get used 90 % of the time. I also have a windows 7 laptop that does everything the MacBook pro does and it cost 1/4 the price. But if you have the money to waste this is for you.
    1. Beastly L92's Avatar
      Beastly L92 -
      Zomg! I hope it's what I think it is! The reason I waited for MacMini...quad core. I've wanted a 13" MacBook Pro, NOT a ginormous 15 or 17 and NOT with a dual core. I hope so.
    1. Cer0's Avatar
      Cer0 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Striknine View Post
      ..... as my iPads get used 90 % of the time.
      This is the reason why I sold my 2 laptops and my windows desktop and got a 27in iMac and an iPad. Because the iPad covers the stuff I did on my laptop while around the house anyway.
    1. Beastly L92's Avatar
      Beastly L92 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Striknine View Post
      I also have a windows 7 laptop that does everything the MacBook pro does and it cost 1/4 the price.
      *Except retain resale value, not get viruses and boot in less than 10 minutes. Oh, or have a slick and intuitive OS. Other than that, same thing.
    1. Akshay Masand's Avatar
      Akshay Masand -
      Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
      This is the reason why I sold my 2 laptops and my windows desktop and got a 27in iMac and an iPad. Because the iPad covers the stuff I did on my laptop while around the house anyway.
      Ugh, I wish I had the luxury of doing that I end up having to travel a lot and need a laptop for work purposes
    1. chberain's Avatar
      chberain -
      Don't think they'll release new MBP that might be worth of switching till Feb next year, along with iPad 3.
    1. dsjarvis's Avatar
      dsjarvis -
      Quote Originally Posted by Beastly L92 View Post
      *Except retain resale value, not get viruses and boot in less than 10 minutes. Oh, or have a slick and intuitive OS. Other than that, same thing.
      Couldn't of said it better myself....
    1. baskie's Avatar
      baskie -
      To those who say MacBooks are too expensive, I've two words: residual value.

      I always get Apple Care on my Mac, and always change up at two years. So I sell a two year old machine with one year warranty, I normally sell for 50-60% original RRP.

      How much is a two year old Dell gonna be worth?

      Once you've made the initial investment Macs are nowhere near as expensive as they seem.

      And.... Another thing worth considering:

      I recently took my 22month old MBP to the Apple Store as the battery was showing 70% capacity. They dropped a new one in for FOC, even though the degradation was within acceptable levels for a near two year old battery.

      Can't see a windows box Manu doing that.

      Whilst Apple don't really value their iOS customerbase, and seem happy to piss them off whenever it suits, they seem to regard their Mac users much more, so look after them way better.

      Again, all things to consider, especially if like me the Macs are in the work environment.
    1. Colby21's Avatar
      Colby21 -
      I've had my Windows PC for 5 years and I get people at school asking me all the time why my computer is so fast. It's all about the person who owns them. If you don't know how to take care of your computer, buy a Mac. I've never had a virus and i download everything. I know how to fix things, so my stuff lasts and it will run with these 2011 notebooks all day, at 75% the processing power. But i might get an ipad to subsidize some of the time i spend emailing, and being online.

      Also, who the hell cares about resale value when the PC can be had for 300 dollars?? And you won't find windows replacing your batteries for you because it takes 2 seconds to do it yourself...
    1. spazturtle's Avatar
      spazturtle -
      Quote Originally Posted by Colby21 View Post
      And you won't find windows replacing your batteries for you because it takes 2 seconds to do it yourself...
      Yes but with Windows laptops you need to buy a new battery, Apple give new batteries to you for free.
    1. dennder's Avatar
      dennder -
      Quote Originally Posted by Colby21 View Post
      I've had my Windows PC for 5 years and I get people at school asking me all the time why my computer is so fast. It's all about the person who owns them. If you don't know how to take care of your computer, buy a Mac. I've never had a virus and i download everything. I know how to fix things, so my stuff lasts and it will run with these 2011 notebooks all day, at 75% the processing power. But i might get an ipad to subsidize some of the time i spend emailing, and being online.


      Also, who the hell cares about resale value when the PC can be had for 300 dollars?? And you won't find windows replacing your batteries for you because it takes 2 seconds to do it yourself...
      Same ol' stuff again and again...
      Despite being the person who lives of repairing stuff, and managing IT of others i went to Mac in 2006.
      See, i prefer my computer not being in need to be taken care of. "It just works. ©" And instead of wasting time on management of my computer, which is a primarily my tool, again, i enjoy life, play, work whatever... And this all is worth much more, than the difference in price you pay.

      And, btw, brand laptops are not that much cheaper than apple. Best 15" DELL XPS-Z is being sold for ~1900$ with dual core, whilst MBP for ~2500$ with quad-core. So the extra you pay for the bitten apple, in the light of things i've just stated, is simply negligible.
      And why XPS Z and not the other? It is the closest thing i could have found to aluminum unibody, because i was looking for a laptop for myself a few weeks ago, just to see, whether it would be better to go for non-apple machine and do a hackintosh. 600$ diff in price is simply not worth the trouble in this specific case. As to the others - plastic, plastic, plastic... Yeah, MacBooks were plastic too once, i'm happy they are not now.

      So to the topic, this upgraded 2011' MPB would be just the refresh i was waiting for, excellent. And i'm rather interested in cypher capabilities of newer bluetooth release, as i'm very skeptical to the BT keyboard input security.
    1. SirDude's Avatar
      SirDude -
      Well that sucks... haha Just ordered a refurb on Monday. coming in today :/
    1. AUZambo's Avatar
      AUZambo -
      Why the refresh so soon? Didn't they just do a complete refresh earlier this year?