• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Mail Enhancer Adds iOS 5 Support


    For many of us, the release of iOS 5 gave us an opportunity to try out all the wonderful new features that few of us beta users have been experiencing since iOS 5 beta 1. From iMessage to iCloud, Notification Center to notification banners, iOS 5 is jam packed with a ton of cool and unique features that make it one of the most successful firmwares yet. Many would claim that the jailbreak community will "die" as a result of what iOS 5 brings to the table. I beg to differ.

    The jailbreak community serves as a medium for developers to create and release tweaks and applications that enhance iOS to an even greater extent. Those of us that are avid jailbreak users, we will always claim that jailbreaking is necessary because there are still so many things that native iOS has left out. We couldn't even begin to list off the tweaks and applications that make jailbreak a staple choice for our iOS devices.

    Although I'm personally very satisfied with iOS 5 as is, I feel that one major area that is lacking is the Mail client. iOS 5 adds toggles like "Mark read, Flag," and a few other simple things like that, however where are the signatures? HTML? Priority notifications? Quiet hours? Many would agree that the Mail client is still lacking. This is where the jailbreak community steps in.



    A extremely popular jailbreak application called Mail Enhancer, developed by Stefan Mollenhamp (@stm_dev), has been updated to support iOS 5. Mail Enhancer takes over where Apple hasn't ventured yet. The numerous features include:

    • Signatures
    • Notifications
    • Account Priority
    • Quiet Hours
    • Account Highlighting
    • Much more

    For those of us that use our Mail client a lot on our iOS device, this application is a must have. Speaking with Stefan earlier this evening, he mentioned that this update is a simple port; an update that strictly adds iOS 5 support. However, he stated that new features that will make it even better will be coming sometime in the future. In the process, he was even gracious enough to allow me to test a pre-release copy. I can tell you for a fact it works beautifully on iOS 5 and is going to be really slick.



    Stefan submitted the update to BigBoss a few hours ago so it should be live tomorrow. Keep refreshing Cydia if you already have it, or go purchase it for $4.99 right now. I guarantee you that you will not be disappointed.

    Source(s): Stefan Mollenkamp
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Mail Enhancer Adds iOS 5 Support started by Joshua Tucker View original post
    Comments 15 Comments
    1. Dizzy714's Avatar
      Dizzy714 -
      I assume this will push your Mail notifications right to the drop down Notification Center? That'd be SICK.
    1. Joshua Tucker's Avatar
      Joshua Tucker -
      Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy714 View Post
      I assume this will push your Mail notifications right to the drop down Notification Center? That'd be SICK.
      Mail notifications are already supported on iOS 5 (go to Settings/Notifications/Mail and set it to show in the Notification Center as well as on the lock screen if you wish. Or neither). The Custom Notifications section in Mail Enhancer is connected to things like account priority, quiet hours, high versus low priority, things of that nature. The application is pretty comprehensive.
    1. mmaboi21's Avatar
      mmaboi21 -
      Can't wait to jailbreak breh.
    1. Gom33's Avatar
      Gom33 -
      you already get mail notifications to notification center.
    1. duromega's Avatar
      duromega -
      mmm 
    1. Dizzy714's Avatar
      Dizzy714 -
      Maybe I've never given the phone a long enough time, but I could of sworn that Gmail never pushed mail to your phone without manually opening up the Mail app and refreshing it? However, if you set up your Gmail as an Exchange account then you got true Push on a Gmail account, however x2, I highly disliked how Exchange sets up your mail. Is there any way to set up a Gmail account with true Push that acts instantly without it refreshing the mail app every minute under the hood? With the Exchange account hooked up it would instantly notify/beep when you've received an email, I like that, however I hated Exchange's way of working with the Mail app. So basically if I'm just using Mail Enhancer strictly for notifications, I don't need Mail Enhancer anymore?
    1. moeses's Avatar
      moeses -
      Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy714 View Post
      Maybe I've never given the phone a long enough time, but I could of sworn that Gmail never pushed mail to your phone without manually opening up the Mail app and refreshing it? However, if you set up your Gmail as an Exchange account then you got true Push on a Gmail account, however x2, I highly disliked how Exchange sets up your mail. Is there any way to set up a Gmail account with true Push that acts instantly without it refreshing the mail app every minute under the hood? With the Exchange account hooked up it would instantly notify/beep when you've received an email, I like that, however I hated Exchange's way of working with the Mail app. So basically if I'm just using Mail Enhancer strictly for notifications, I don't need Mail Enhancer anymore?
      set it up as exchange and use "m.google.com" as server.(no quotes)
    1. leeesterbeasley's Avatar
      leeesterbeasley -
      I love Mail Enhancer because I can manage my signatures for my work account and personal accounts. Also being able to select the tone I want for email notification is great!
    1. mainc21's Avatar
      mainc21 -
      Yeah. Jailbreaking will ALWAYS be necessary. I was a bit disappointed with some of the missing features on ios 5. Unless I overlooked some things. Like I don't like that u can't hide what people are texting u in notifications on the lockscreen. Or when u sync photos to your phone, you still can't manually delete those. Or that u still can't just drag and drop photos from your computer to your phone. It's the little tweaks as such that means the most. And I definitely miss my SB settings. Can't wait for untherhered jailbreak!!!

      Quote Originally Posted by mainc21 View Post
      Yeah. Jailbreaking will ALWAYS be necessary. I was a bit disappointed with some of the missing features on ios 5. Unless I overlooked some things. Like I don't like that u can't hide what people are texting u in notifications on the lockscreen. Or when u sync photos to your phone, you still can't manually delete those. Or that u still can't just drag and drop photos from your computer to your phone. It's the little tweaks as such that means the most. And I definitely miss my SB settings. Can't wait for untherhered jailbreak!!!
      I was wrong about the text messages. Guess I never looked in notifications before. I would have saw that u can hide text messages.
    1. Dragon46's Avatar
      Dragon46 -
      Read your damn Inbox Joshua...
    1. Hillefied's Avatar
      Hillefied -
      My3G is another very useful tweak that I'm anxious to have updated to have support on iOS 5 support. If I'm not mistaken FaceTime still requires a wi-fi connection. If that has changed, which would be awesome, then there are still a few dozen apps that require a wi-fi connection. Since ModMy hosts My3G, you need to get with the dev folks of My3G and see where we're at.
    1. Tucnepo's Avatar
      Tucnepo -
      Quote Originally Posted by mmaboi21 View Post
      Can't wait to jailbreak breh.
      Go to www.***************** for all your jailbreaking needs
    1. Broomhead's Avatar
      Broomhead -
      ^^^^
    1. iN2K's Avatar
      iN2K -
      I have this on my iPad 2, cant wait to update it to iOS 5 and Mail Enhancer.
    1. lrish's Avatar
      lrish -
      Using this app, how do I use a webpage as my email signature? I created a signature here and want it loaded by Mail Enhancer. I can get it to display when I compose an email (using an iframe or embed tag inside Mail Enhancer settings), but it is not sent to the recipient. (checked on the pc and another iphone). I can't seem to find anything online dealing with this.