• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • T-Mobile and Verizon Show Support for Samsung in Patent Dispute



    Both Verizon and T-Mobile voiced support for Samsung this week in Samsung's ongoing patent battle with Apple.

    Both companies voiced their opinions on the patent litigation by making separate filings with the Northern District Court of California this week. Verizon was the first to do so, claiming a ban on Samsung products, or Apple’s attempts to secure one, would hurt the carriers ability to roll out its 4G LTE network.

    Originally Posted by :
    “That investment depends on consumers having access to devices that can make use of that network. The accused Samsung devices are among the few products that can access Verizon Wireless’s next-generation high-speed network.” — Verizon filing
    T-Mobile followed later in the week filing their complaint Wednesday. T-Mobile’s main concern wasn’t network expansion, but was holiday sales this year. If Apple won an injunction against Samsung’s line of smartphones and tablets,it would create a lot of product T-Mobile can’t sell. T-Mobile is also positioned as the only carrier without the iPhone this holiday season making every handset count.
    Originally Posted by :
    “At this late date, T-Mobile could not find comparable replacement products for the 2011 holiday season. These investments cannot be recouped easily.” — T-Mobile filing
    It may seem odd that Verizon and T-Mobile would position themselves against Apple, especially Verizon who sells a ton of iPhone. However, both of these carriers have money already invested in subsidized Samsung handsets and tablets, T-Mobile more so than Verizon. If Apple wins the injunction both carriers have a massive amount of Samsung products that can’t be sold and they will effectively have to write off as a loss.

    The court is expected to make a ruling on October 13.

    Source: TechCrunch
    This article was originally published in forum thread: T-Mobile and Verizon Show Support for Samsung in Patent Dispute started by Phillip Swanson View original post
    Comments 7 Comments
    1. Mysterion's Avatar
      Mysterion -
      now T-Mobile joined
    1. unison999's Avatar
      unison999 -
      I disagree.Verizon must have covered their butt with lots of stipulations when signing contract with Samsung, even if Apple wins Verizon would not lose out because of the product on hand.There are many reason Verizon did this, but most importantly they do not want Apple to win because they do not want to be at the mercy of Apple. You know Apple is going after every other manufacturer, if Apple win the rest may fall just as quick then consumer gets screwed because limited selection and Verizon gets screwed because it is at the mercy of Apple.
    1. RICO_'s Avatar
      RICO_ -
      If Apple wins, it's just business as usual and on to suing the next potential competitor......Amazon Fire.
    1. teej1410's Avatar
      teej1410 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Mysterion View Post
      now T-Mobile joined
      Yeah, maybe they got mad that they didn't get the iPhone yet.
    1. merismus's Avatar
      merismus -
      I just found this article: Samsung doesn’t copy Apple News - Samsung doesn’t copy Apple
    1. wii1i's Avatar
      wii1i -
      Quote Originally Posted by merismus View Post
      I just found this article: Samsung doesn’t copy Apple News - Samsung doesn’t copy Apple
      yeaw... samsung just copied from pineapple... lol
    1. Mysterion's Avatar
      Mysterion -
      Quote Originally Posted by teej1410 View Post
      Yeah, maybe they got mad that they didn't get the iPhone yet.
      lol