Here at ModMyi we see a lot of questions on "Whats the point of jailbreaking?" or "What tweaks should I install?" with new people to the jailbreak scene. We all have different opinions, but I thought it would be nice to get a list of the "Staffs Top 10!"
It was hard to really narrow it down to 10, and in no particular order this is what we came up with!
1) SBSettings- This one was hands down on just about everyone's list. SBSettings allows you to have a toggle menu pull down from your status bar, making it easy to turn on and off wifi and clear memory. The great thing about it is it's free, and there are tons of add-ons.
2) Barrel- This fun tweak allows you to scroll page to page and adds a cool effect such as 3D, barrel roll, and many others. This tweak is definitely worth checking out!
3) iFile- This Cydia tweak can be very useful. iFile is a full system file browser for your iPhone. iFile also allows you to view your file strings straight from your phone allowing you to edit and delete files and gives more customization for to the phone.
4) WinterBoard- I think everyone has heard of WinterBoard, and it's probably why a lot of us started jailbreaking. This is the simplest and best way to add themes to your phone - making your phone truly unique.
5) Gridlock- This is a powerful tweak that allows you to move your icons with the most ease and place them anywhere you would like on the home screen and pages. Makes it great for themes where you need to place icons in certain areas or just would like some crazy looking pages. Whats great though is there is no need for blank icons which leave that ugly grey shadow.
6) MyWi- A tweak that allows you to create a mobile
hot spot with your phone - allowing you to share your iPhone's data with your laptop or another WiFi compatible devices.
7) Notifier Pro- This tweak uses your status bar as a drop down to display any notifications that you might have received all on one page!
8) Live Clock- What a simple but awesome tweak - this tweak just allows your alarm icon to actually work and makes it a true analog clock.
9) No Spot- Ever get tired of scrolling too far and getting that stupid spotlight screen? No Spot fixes that. No Spot completely gets rid of the spotlight screen making your home screen the farthest screen you can get to.
10) CyDelete- This tweak makes it painless to completely get rid of any unwanted Cydia apps that you may have installed but don't use or want anymore. Just hold down the icon to make it wiggle and hit the X.
And please guys - feel free to voice your opinion, there is a lot out there and it would be nice to see what everyone else is playing with and using!