• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Warning: Repeating Alarms Will Be Late Tomorrow


    If you depend on a recurring alarm to wake you up tomorrow, you should change it to a one-time alarm. That's Apple's advice to US users of iOS 4.1 who may fall victim to the bug in the Clock app. According to Apple, recurring alarms will work correctly if you set them tomorrow.

    This is the same bug that woke up European users an hour late last week, and Southern Hemisphere users an hour early. The version of Clock.app in iOS 4.1 doesn't update recurring alarms when the phone's clock automatically changes, which it did when Daylight Savings Time ended at 2:00 this morning.

    Apple says that the bug will be fixed in iOS 4.2, but for now they are advising users to set the repeat interval on their alarms to "never." Recurring alarms set today will still go off an hour late. Tomorrow, setting alarms to repeat will cause them to go off at the correct time.

    Source: Apple
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Warning: Repeating Alarms Will Be Late Tomorrow started by Paul Daniel Ash View original post
    Comments 41 Comments
    1. DevouredDreams's Avatar
      DevouredDreams -
      iphone isnt loud enough to wake me up anyways lol
    1. romeo_herman's Avatar
      romeo_herman -
      I'm not using iPhone alarm....
    1. MrLaTtEa's Avatar
      MrLaTtEa -
      so wait i have to set my alarms back a hour?
    1. Ichwohneinloche's Avatar
      Ichwohneinloche -
      Lol my iphone is fine with reoccurring alarms on 4.2. It worked perfectly this morning. Sure it will work perfectly tomorrow morning. And if not, Oh well. It was only art history
    1. StealthBravo's Avatar
      StealthBravo -
      Sounds like a free excuse to be late tomorrow
    1. tudtran's Avatar
      tudtran -
      Why apple cannot fix this problem
    1. whereswaldo's Avatar
      whereswaldo -
      um, the time changed last night. and it worked perfectly fine on my iphone, this article is a bit late
    1. AUZambo's Avatar
      AUZambo -
      Quote Originally Posted by whereswaldo View Post
      um, the time changed last night. and it worked perfectly fine on my iphone, this article is a bit late
      Or is it 364 days early?
    1. whereswaldo's Avatar
      whereswaldo -
      Quote Originally Posted by AUZambo View Post
      Or is it 364 days early?
      Tupée
    1. brbortscheller's Avatar
      brbortscheller -
      Quote Originally Posted by silent six View Post
      iphone isnt loud enough to wake me up anyways lol
      Get volume boost from Cydia. It's what I had to do, otherwise it wouldn't work for me, either!
    1. Titan3636's Avatar
      Titan3636 -
      good to know!
    1. boxxa's Avatar
      boxxa -
      Because of this reason is why I set my phone alarm manually each night before I go to bed.
    1. thetoothfairy's Avatar
      thetoothfairy -
      ^ I agree and do the same thing every night!
    1. awesomeSlayer's Avatar
      awesomeSlayer -
      I don't use an iPhone/iPod touch alarm.
    1. alexevo's Avatar
      alexevo -
      eh not only do i use the iphone alarm i use an alarm clock and 2 other cheapo phones that i have that i dont use any more except for alarms. i have 8 alarms set on my iphone at 5 minute intervals, the alarm clock, and each of the other 2 phones set at different intervals as well. plus i hide them in different parts of my bedroom so i have to actually get up and find them to silence the alarm which in turn ends up waking me up because im moving around banging my shins on furniture while half asleep.

      i think i have problems waking up on time.
    1. Aldog18's Avatar
      Aldog18 -
      Does this affect Australian users too?
    1. zeroskater61's Avatar
      zeroskater61 -
      One of the reasons why I stayed on 4.0 on my i4... Waiting for 4.2 to be released only thin I want is the airplay feature
    1. buttrr76's Avatar
      buttrr76 -
      I have had this bug for over 2 weeks now
    1. jonnyraincloud's Avatar
      jonnyraincloud -
      not bothersome on 3.2
      im on an iphone 3g (not S)
      my clock updated fine ;D

      i wake up with it every morning @ 5
    1. xwinger's Avatar
      xwinger -
      Quote Originally Posted by alexevo View Post
      eh not only do i use the iphone alarm i use an alarm clock and 2 other cheapo phones that i have that i dont use any more except for alarms. i have 8 alarms set on my iphone at 5 minute intervals, the alarm clock, and each of the other 2 phones set at different intervals as well. plus i hide them in different parts of my bedroom so i have to actually get up and find them to silence the alarm which in turn ends up waking me up because im moving around banging my shins on furniture while half asleep.

      i think i have problems waking up on time.
      haha that's hilarious.

      i sorta do the same thing. my sony alarm plays my ipod for 20 minutes then my iphone goes off. then i silence it. then it goes off 3 more times then my old nokia phone rings really loudly from across my room which really wakes me up and makes me run to it to make it quiet lol.