• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • New Renderings of Future Apple Campus Emerge


    On Saturday, the world received an amazing new look at what the future home of Apple will look like.

    City officials in Cupertino raised the curtain on images, details and renderings of the forthcoming 2.8 million square-foot circular office homestead that media reports have vastly likened to a ground-based spaceship. Among a veritable ocean of office space, the structure delivers a corporate auditorium capable of seating 1,000 people (possibly for future product and software revealings), with another 300,000 square feet dedicated to research space.

    It's a pretty amazing building," Apple chief Steve Jobs told the Cupertino City Council last June when Apple pitched the development to city leaders. Apple recently purchased the 150 acres from Hewlett-Packard.



    "It's a little like a spaceship landed, but there it is," Jobs says. "And it's got this gorgeous courtyard in the middle, but a lot more. It's a circle, and so its curved all the way around. As you know if you build things, this is not the cheapest way to build something. There is not a straight piece of glass in this building. It's all curved.

    Completion of the new campus isn't expected until at least 2015.

    Source: City of Cupertino, California
    This article was originally published in forum thread: New Renderings of Future Apple Campus Emerge started by Michael Essany View original post
    Comments 16 Comments
    1. ghostroke's Avatar
      ghostroke -
      The campus looks pretty cool, but aren't the renderings old news?
    1. RICO_'s Avatar
      RICO_ -
      Quote Originally Posted by Michael Essany View Post
      There is not a straight piece of glass in this building. It's all curved.”
      Oh Really!?! How about the doors to the entrances, exits, offices, and office windows.....are their windows all curved glass to?
    1. Nest's Avatar
      Nest -
      They should have just made the building in the shape of the Apple logo. Imagine seeing that from above.
    1. davshirley's Avatar
      davshirley -
      Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
      Oh Really!?! How about the doors to the entrances, exits, offices, and office windows.....are their windows all curved glass to?
      It very well could be. It wouldn't be anything new. We had an old victorian style home that had curved double hung windows in it. And they were originals... This is an example of what I am talking about: http://www.clearywindowrestoration.c...ges/361a-3.jpg but these are modern reproductions. You can tell that these are modern by how smooth the glass is. The originals are hand blown glass and have a wavy appearance to them. A pain in the butt to look through and probably a bigger pain to make but still looked better than dropping flat or faceted windows in there would have been.
    1. boba7523's Avatar
      boba7523 -
      What's with MMI constantly posting old news? This "new" rendering can be seen on the Youtube video where Steve Jobs appears in front of Cupertino city councilmen...
    1. hogcia's Avatar
      hogcia -
      Oh wow ok. I thought this news was about apple moving to China like most company's do nowadays.
    1. neoghost's Avatar
      neoghost -
      This is old news. I saw the video of this concept a few months ago when Steve Jobs defended Apple's plan with this campus.
    1. sziklassy's Avatar
      sziklassy -
      Quote Originally Posted by boba7523 View Post
      What's with MMI constantly posting old news? This "new" rendering can be seen on the Youtube video where Steve Jobs appears in front of Cupertino city councilmen...
      There are people (like myself) who haven't heard of this yet. For those people, this is great. For those that know, keep moving, nothing to see here, yet you all seem to gravitate towards complaining anyway.
    1. Crazyj29's Avatar
      Crazyj29 -
      I think it depend on big the building was going to be and sharp the curves are. I think if the building was bug enough it might not need curves windows and door. Kind of like those dome houses that you see every once in awhile.
    1. trevorrawson's Avatar
      trevorrawson -
      Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
      There are people (like myself) who haven't heard of this yet. For those people, this is great. For those that know, keep moving, nothing to see here, yet you all seem to gravitate towards complaining anyway.
      Agreed. Not all of us have hours to waste at the computer each day. MMi does a great job of gathering new and slightly old news from across the web and putting it in one place for those of us that have things to do during the day.
    1. JGONZ's Avatar
      JGONZ -
      Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
      Oh Really!?! How about the doors to the entrances, exits, offices, and office windows.....are their windows all curved glass to?
      Come on, everybody knows there aren't any doors. You simply teleport from the outside in.
    1. *-*hihihehe*-*'s Avatar
      *-*hihihehe*-* -
      Yup, our moneys are part of that circular building with an Apple on top.
    1. jwil736's Avatar
      jwil736 -
      Quote Originally Posted by trevorrawson View Post
      Agreed. Not all of us have hours to waste at the computer each day. MMi does a great job of gathering new and slightly old news from across the web and putting it in one place for those of us that have things to do during the day.
      Normally I would agree, however, I always check after I get off work if there is anything new on front page. This subject line on front page suggests apple made a design change from their original plans of the new campus which they did not. This is simply re-reporting.
    1. mmaboi21's Avatar
      mmaboi21 -
      Quote Originally Posted by boba7523 View Post
      What's with MMI constantly posting old news? This "new" rendering can be seen on the Youtube video where Steve Jobs appears in front of Cupertino city councilmen...
      Whats with MMI users constantly pointing out irrelevant comments? Why go out of your way to criticize the OP... Just simply don't respond.
    1. emerica6708's Avatar
      emerica6708 -
      Quote Originally Posted by mmaboi21 View Post
      Whats with MMI users constantly pointing out irrelevant comments? Why go out of your way to criticize the OP... Just simply don't respond.
      +1
    1. bigliquid530's Avatar
      bigliquid530 -
      Wonder if the apple tree on the right will be included lol...