• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Apple Not Pleased With Wave of Additional Fake Chinese Apple Stores


    In recent weeks, MMi has chronicled the ongoing saga of fake Apple stores popping up in limited quantity around China. So elaborate are the stores in their look and feel that it's nearly impossible to distinguish these clones from legitimate Apple retail stores.

    Following a crack down earlier this summer, a handful of rip-off artists were shut down. But if you're under the impression that this problem is about to go away, think again. On Thursday, Reuters reported that approximately two-dozen additional unauthorized Apple retailers were caught in the act and swiftly shut down by authorities.

    Sources close to Apple say the Cupertino, California-based tech giant is understandably displeased and a tad bit disturbed about the growing rash of fake Apple vendors and products that continue to cloud a burgeoning mobile market that Apple hopes to capitalize on to a substantial degree in the coming years.

    In May, China was listed for the seventh year by the U.S. Trade Representative's office as a country with one of the worst records for preventing copyright theft, Reuters reports. But since China is so hungry for a bigger investment by Apple, it could very well be that China cleans up its shabby record on copyright protection - a reality that would benefit many companies from the US and around the world.

    Source: Reuters
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Apple Not Pleased With Wave of Additional Fake Chinese Apple Stores started by Michael Essany View original post
    Comments 12 Comments
    1. raduga's Avatar
      raduga -
      Quote Originally Posted by Michael Essany View Post

      In recent weeks, MMi has chronicled the ongoing saga of fake Apple stores popping up in limited quantity around China. So elaborate are the stores in their look and feel that it's nearly impossible to distinguish these clones from legitimate Apple retail stores.

      Following a crack down earlier this summer, a handful of rip-off artists were shut down. But if you're under the impression that this problem is about to go away, think again. On Thursday, Reuters reported that approximately two-dozen additional unauthorized Apple retailers were caught in the act and swiftly shut down by authorities.
      former Foxconn employees, or friends? or friends of friends?
      given the prevailing wage, and the way "local entrepreneurship" tends to work out there, it wouldn't much surprise me.

      But since China is so hungry for a bigger investment by Apple, it could very well be that China cleans up its shabby record on copyright protection - a reality that would benefit many companies from the US and around the world.

      Source: Reuters
      China gonna shut down its burgeoning copyvio shadow economy, just to woo Apple?

      LOL @ that
    1. VBLUE42's Avatar
      VBLUE42 -
      This is what Apple gets for doing business with China. I hope it blows up in their face. China is not a country or government that any country should be eager to do business with.
    1. whereswaldo's Avatar
      whereswaldo -
      Quote Originally Posted by VBLUE42 View Post
      This is what Apple gets for doing business with China. I hope it blows up in their face. China is not a country or government that any country should be eager to do business with.
      No one should be eager to do business with them? They're practically the only country with a growing economy
    1. Kinkme93's Avatar
      Kinkme93 -
      Chinese people have no soul all they care about is money.! Known fact! Hmm wait China sounds a lot like Apple! Haha
    1. whereswaldo's Avatar
      whereswaldo -
      Quote Originally Posted by Kinkme93 View Post
      Chinese people have no soul all they care about is money.! Known fact! Hmm wait China sounds a lot like Apple! Haha
      Someone's asking for a infraction
    1. raduga's Avatar
      raduga -
      Quote Originally Posted by whereswaldo View Post
      Someone's asking for a infraction
      or someone's Chinese, and knows

      Edit:

      Nope.
      Just a bigot.

      Quote Originally Posted by Kinkme93 View Post
      100% AGREE!
      True American!
      Quote Originally Posted by Kinkme93 View Post
      Y does America ALWAYS have to help counties in need like Haiti, japan etc. They wouldn't help us & as a country we r struggling! We need to help ourselves b4 others. Donate Ur $ to local places not ppl who kill free willy & flipper! God bless them though
      Quote Originally Posted by Kinkme93 View Post
      Change ur picture Plz u look like this hairy Mexican cholo guy I hate haha xD
      Quote Originally Posted by Kinkme93 View Post
      Once u go black we don't want u back
    1. Jahooba's Avatar
      Jahooba -
      Heh, I'm not sure if he's bigoted, but he's definitely not politically correct.

      And I'm not sure why you quoted "True American" and call that bigoted
    1. Co1d Night's Avatar
      Co1d Night -
      Quote Originally Posted by Kinkme93 View Post
      Chinese people have no soul all they care about is money.! Known fact! Hmm wait China sounds a lot like Apple! Haha
      Gingers don't have souls....

      China loves to make spin offs of brand name products...it's how they get their money.
    1. raduga's Avatar
      raduga -
      Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
      Heh, I'm not sure if he's bigoted, but he's definitely not politically correct.

      And I'm not sure why you quoted "True American" and call that bigoted
      Hard to read that without context.
      and quoting the full context would be way way too long.

      the "true american" doesn't suggest bigot so much as it does suggest he wasn't trash-talking the Chinese, speaking as one himself (my initial impression).

      Edit:
      his new avatar does suggest that he has green, scaly skin and lives under a bridge and throws rocks at people.
    1. Kinkme93's Avatar
      Kinkme93 -
      Quote Originally Posted by raduga View Post
      Hard to read that without context.
      and quoting the full context would be way way too long.

      the "true american" doesn't suggest bigot so much as it does suggest he wasn't trash-talking the Chinese, speaking as one himself (my initial impression).

      Edit:
      his new avatar does suggest that he has green, scaly skin and lives under a bridge and throws rocks at people.
      Damn u must love me
      What's wrong with my avatar? That man was an entrepreneur! Haha
    1. bigliquid530's Avatar
      bigliquid530 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Kinkme93 View Post
      Damn u must love me
      What's wrong with my avatar? That man was an entrepreneur! Haha
      What a DumbAzz
    1. steve-z17's Avatar
      steve-z17 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Dark Syn View Post
      Gingers don't have souls....

      China loves to make spin offs of brand name products...it's how they get their money.
      Lol that's right, Gingies don't have souls! If there's one thing I've learned in life its that South Park is always right!

      China is always going to be ripping off great products, especially one's that are selling like hot cakes at the time...(Apple products). You can go on ebay right now and buy a magic mouse or bluetooth keyboard for half the price Apple sells them for from China. Apple's going to have their hands busy for awhile!